WESC

I saw this store/website has things like tons of denim styles, hoodies, basics, etc., but i'm a little skeptical. the logo on some of their stuff kind of looks a lot like the J. Lindeberg logo. anyway, i'm not quite sure what demo' this is aimed at, post-skate maybe? supreme/alife on a budget? who knows. happy browsing...

http://www.wesc.com/collection.php

We has been around for at least a few years now. They're Swedish I think, mostly aimed at a skateboard/snowboard audience but for more of an 18+ age group rather than your average skate kid. It's like skatewear that does blatently scream skatewear at you y'know?

Rather than (just?) sponsered riders etc. they have 'activists.' These include Jason Lee and Chris Pastras from Stereo but also all sorts of artists and musicians, just general creative types.

Quality-wise... it's ok. I haven't seen loads of stuff but I do feel that they're not quite worth the price tag they usually carry. They do put out some interesting knits and cut and sew type stuff though.

Oh and put it this way, you kinda half to be in to streetwear/fashion to have heard of Alife/Supreme (in the UK at least) but if you skate/surf/snowboard etc. chances are you might have come across We

Edited by Loop on May 11, 2006 at 11:11 AM

it has been around here (scandinavia) for a long time but has recently gotten more popular in other countries too.

all kind of people here wear WE, mostly the basic trendy young people, its not that popular among skaters. but anyways yea its worn a lot here, and to be honest isn't considered that exotic, but I guess it will become atleast somewhat of a hit in the States :)

they do make pretty good quality stuff, I have a couple of sweaters and t-shirts.

about the supreme/alife/etc comparison, over here every young person knows the brand but I'd say 1% max know what supreme or alife is. but its of course a bit different elsewhere since its not that well known yet, but their image at least is not "underground" at all.

Edited by mike lowrey on May 11, 2006 at 02:09 PM

Quote: about the supreme/alife/etc comparison, over here every young person knows the brand but I'd say 1% max know what supreme or alife is. but its of course a bit different elsewhere since its not that well known yet, but their image at least is not "underground" at all.

I'd say that about Carhartt (Europe) in the UK.

Like in the rest of europe it seems to have a real strong connection to skateboarding/bmx/graffiti etc. but here it's seen a bit more err... 'townie' umm.. don't know who to phrase that better. Maybe like 'frat' or something. That's mostly down to where it's sold though...

^judging by what I've seen when been to the UK I agree, but then again I wouldn't say the same about WE, its not underground but its still considered a really hip brand.

Carhartt isnt too hot here (scandinavia, again), people mostly buy their jackets which are pretty good but I dont think I've seen their jeans for example anywhere in years. I think the skateboarding etc connection is strong elsewhere in europe though as you said.

Quote: the lady in the karmaloop store in boston told me is was jason lee's company...

Err..see what I wrote above, but he's an 'WESC Activist' so he is is sponsored by them but I don't think he's actually part of the company though...

Guest doubletap

i love their shit. very minimalistic and good choice of colors too.

its like if IKEA was to make skating gear, than this is what it would look like...

i was going to get this blue hoody from them, but no point now since its summer time.

streamline the sickness

I have some WE pieces (tees, hoodies) for a few years now and they're still in awesome shape. The fit is pretty slim and the pieces are simple. Probably easier to find in online shops now that they're going by the name WESC - they're older stuff all had that "superlative conspiracy" thing going on anyways.