Paul T

ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

While we're waiting, twiddling our thumbs, I'd just like to announce that almostnice is the winner of the mini belt contest by unanimous decision of the judges (me and mikecch)! While everyone's belts are looking great after a year of wear, the wear and color of Markus' belt are outstanding. I hope mine looks this good some day! I've been in touch with him via email, and I'll post his prize once he claims it.

zissous belt, one year now, oiled twice + an unplanned riversoak

IMG_4101.jpg

6689421889_9154b596f6_z.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

We're a gang of ruggedly handsome denim clad dudes.

While we're waiting, twiddling our thumbs, I'd just like to announce that almostnice is the winner of the mini belt contest by unanimous decision of the judges (me and mikecch)! While everyone's belts are looking great after a year of wear, the wear and color of Markus' belt are outstanding. I hope mine looks this good some day! I've been in touch with him via email, and I'll post his prize once he claims it.

Nice! Markus well-deserves it.

It's good that you've kept us in the loop about the belt contest.

(sound of crickets chirping)

Well.... it's hard to imagine the judges might be doing more important things than looking at pics of butts, but maybe, just maybe?

I know of one judge who's sent in a verdict, and one who ain't. I'll chase up the latter...

I got various emails from the judges stating that they were holding out as a protest until my pair were submitted to them, but I did tell them to go ahead and vote anyway. I don't need the reaffirmation of greatness.

I've had official votes from two of the judges, three to go. I'll attempt to apply more pressure this evening.

It should be noted that ringring was very prompt and the first one to turn in his ballot. I have sent him a smiley-face "I voted" sticker to wear on his lapel.

Oh, I wasn't implying impatience of any sort! It's just strange seeing this thread so quiet.

In the meantime, I gave my Roys another wash last weekend. I sprayed just a little stain remover on a spot of leather dye that I got on 'em, and it made a nice, bright clean spot amidst a leg of brown patina. I'll never do that again.

Votes are now in from ringring, Carl Chiara & Ralph Tharpe. No winner yet.

Votes in from Christophe Loiron. Just the Cone representative left to hear from.

So.

Close.

Click play and then scroll down- slowly, for dramatic effect.

6927591171_4ac1489867_o.jpg

6781483222_a733cb8c77_o.jpg

6781471220_a7e7f00360_o.jpg

Edited by roy6

COOL!!!!!!!!

now lets

Go Again!

2 yeahs

winner

you follow?

Woahoh!! Congrats, Daniel! :D :D Well done, man.

great daniel, well done, much deserved. some of the best post ever since you started posting way back. i still remember us talking about the lee uganda project.

yeaha!!!

great work daniel and congratulations. thank you roy6, rnrswitch, paul t and almostnice for organising this. everyone's a winner! greatest journey/contest on superdenim!

Congrats Daniel.

Had a ton of fun with this contest, wish it wasn't over. Keep us posted here (or somewhere) on the progress of the jacket.

dkatz- you killed it man! it was awesome meeting you and seeing those in person. i think roy6's will take place while pault gets the finish. i'm not sure we'll ever see something as cool as this contest on superdenim again, it's been a fun ride.

Way to go dkatz! Congrats!!! :)

It seems to me that this contest was about three things:

1. The journey.

2. Sharing an experience.

3. A beautiful pair of jeans.

Congratulations Daniel. You nailed all three.

Congrats Daniel! You did have an amazing pair and some of the best posts that Sufu has ever seen

And I second tg's idea: let's go another year!