ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Roy6 & Almostknees - superb! Looking forward to getting you both when I recharge! :) GREAT pic Farhad!

Guess I can't take offense, since I'm not nearly the most gray-headed RxC contestant, eh? Eh?

:D

kHbjpGw1s9c&feature=feedf

My Roys have been airing out while we had near 40C temps here for the last few days. I had em on today though, and they worked hard....

It was that day again.... Close your eyes & think of England darling... ;)

f7c1393f.jpg

the more I look at this thread the more sad I become for missing out on these, cut and details are so nice...

I hope Roy will use this cut with the same details for production one day...

You win a custom leather strop for, well, use your imagination!

cheers buddy,but i am well equipped with toys for practices you cannot imagine in your wildest dreams.i would rather go for another belt after the contest is over.

Incurring knee and ass fades are their own reward.

Not too bad for an amateur, though. A good object lesson for some contestants that purposefully acquired knee fades don't = actual industriousness. I think you have a shot at the prize for best first-time fades attempt.

right,you got me here.those fades are actually done by my kids,in brutal nightshifts with lots of blood,sweat and tears and all kind of abrasive tools from the 'nice household.i must admit,after punishing them numerous times for lazyness,their assfades are better than mine...sigh.
Uh, I'm sure he spends a lot of his time on his knees for some other reasons...
instead of repeating a boring old joke that is more outworn than my oldest pair of Redwings,you better post some pics now.hurry up!

Love the pics, farhad! Hope I get to see the article!

Well, I didn't manage to get the Nairobi and Rwanda pics up, but you all had enough of my monsters for a while anyway, right? And anyway, they're not as good as the Crater Lakes ones.

Anyway, on the way to the airport now - and off to India! Catch you all soon!

no problem,Daniel,i will be your substitute.who needs Africa when you live in a place like Hamburg?

5937121705_88230f3848_z.jpg

where the water is so clean and fresh

5937117597_89c6fd8b66_z.jpg

5937676746_789c7452d2_z.jpg

where we have two brilliant football teams

5937679812_081c9d4cdc_z.jpg

5937122825_1d0eb15698_z.jpg

and living in a big city doesnt mean that you cant have bonfires

5937676156_b6e9d3045c_z.jpg

the waste bins always holding nice surprises

5937678690_ebcdc15363_z.jpg

5937119739_5c57c569ec_z.jpg

did i mention our lovely fauna yet?

5937677098_8b98d0ec7c_z.jpg

and some ugly ducks.well,you cant have it all.

5937121313_2aa6865a70_z.jpg

Hamburg is well known for its high standard of modern art.

5937681288_270b0d0210_z.jpg

5937682076_5378b39ea9_z.jpg

start your walk of the Way of St. James straight to Santiago de Compostela here

5937682342_df2496301b_z.jpg

and dont forget your walking-stick

5937682794_b6ca06778f_z.jpg

its better for your health anyway

5937680318_3b56b3b1dd_z.jpg

what goes for modern art doesnt counts for welding

5937676426_e564724b06_z.jpg

in memory of some poor souls who got killed in 1943 during an allied air raid for no apparent reason

5937674836_c7bdceae41_z.jpg

and back into the present which is much nicer

5937115441_8cb9e099bb_z.jpg

thats all for now

5937114071_10e12c8613_z.jpg

Great updates everyone as usual.

No real photos for updating for me. Just have been working and shopping on my days off. I'm hand-washing mine for the 3rd time tonight after 3 weeks or so of wear. Should have some photos tomorrow after I pick up a pair of Aldens to add to my boot collection :)

A couple weeks ago I was able to get my dad out of the house for a little adventure.

The warbirds were in town, and we had to say hello.

signsmall.jpg

nosegunssmall.jpg

noseartsmall.jpg

First was the B17 Flying Fortress.

Dropping a Mess-o-schmidt over almostnices' house.

waistgunsmall.jpg

The B24 Liberator has a special appeal for us though.

mepopsmall.jpg

b24small.jpg

Pops' cousin Stanley Zuber was the pilot of one and got shot down. I need to get the details straight, but he managed to hike for miles through enemy territory before being picked up by partisans, I think in Yugoslavia. Also, we have a family friend named Connie Maffey who was a flight engineer/waist gunner. One time on take-off, they couldn't make airspeed and were about to crash with a full bomb and fuel load. I've really got to get the details on these things written down, but what I recall he did was to rush forward and open up the turbos and cut in extra fuel (aparantly a no-no at low altitude and airspeed) which gave them enough boost to clear the trees and make it to the Ploesti oil fields. He never thought much about it, but his crew members were always raising a stink to get him a medal. Just a few years ago it was decided to award him the Distinguished Flying Cross, and his son (now a brigadier general) got to present it to him.

cockpitsmall.jpg

That was the same impression that I got. Alot of things seem small in pictures but are huge in person (trains are like that for me). But with these bombers, they look mammoth in pictures, but up close they are really compact.