ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Wack!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. I thought that dkatz could win on any level with his pair of jeans. He had the most experiences, posted a ton, and had some beautiful looking jeans at the end. Well deserved dude.

Now give me my $5 you promised for me voting for you.

Awe jeeeeeeeez guys! I feel like the prettiest girl at the ball. I'm blushing!

seriously just stoked to have been part of this. And im incredibly thankful to have had this - literal and figurative - forum to share that year with. It was not a very easy year but having such great enthusiasm from you all was actually quite a help.

Thanks to the Founding Fathers for getting this show together!

Yay jacket! Will post pics of ROY tuxedo!

one hell of a congrats d...

i knew from day one that you would gonna win this (sry to the others, but that african lifestyle is fucking up jeans like no others!)...

great great pair in the "end"...watching that whole trip you and these jeans have made was just great. they´ve been to some great places, met some great people and to share all this on this forum is/was just awesome.

sometimes i felt that i was right there with you...

well done sir!

thanks to all the others as well and most of all to mr.paul t, roy6 and almostnice for setting this whole thing up!

Edited by ThinFinn

What ever happened to the 7 pairs of chonies for the winner?

Funny how the music stopped just as I got to the bottom of the page. It's always nice to take a strangely wistful experience and slather on a good schmear of surrealism. ROY has been a fabulous behind the curtain, Oz-like guru, and you all have made this a journey to higher and more bizarre planes of existence than some stitched blue fabric would appear to have the capacity to do. I think ol' DK couldn't be more worthy of accolades, and I would sure like to meet you sometime. It's been a heck of a rollercoaster ride, folks...

My workplace is definitely pretty casual, but I'm not sure it's quite frankenstein-pants casual.

The jacket, however, I'm sure will be seeing regular daily-duty! Sounds like Roy and I will pow-wow on it once he's finished Self Edge's most recent re-up. I'll keep you guys&gals posted!

^^Not daily, but about every other. Have been rotating back in the 201s. I didn't realize how much the ROYs had actually progressed until I started wearing these again as they are so far unbroken. Lees, and Left Fields are getting periodic time. Chambray underpants are in normal rotation (would still like to get more of these). Kitenge goes in the pocket every day. It's surprising how many young girls will ask about it out of the blue considering I'm old, dirty, and have been referred to as a little scary looking at times.

Fardin, have you listened to the Psychedelic Sounds in the originally intended track order? It makes so much more sense than the jumble International Artists made of it. I got to meet Roky at Bumbershoot a couple years ago. He's come along way back to the land of lucidity...

Will the jacket be the same denim?

Edited by Joseph Hill

Kitenge goes in the pocket every day. It's surprising how many young girls will ask about it out of the blue considering I'm old, dirty, and have been referred to as a little scary looking at times.

Heh... awesome.

Will the jacket be the same denim?

Pretty sure he used all of that denim on the jeans! I wish though...

Just to say a big thanks to all for a good year - sorry I wasn't more active, but it's been an honour to be a little part of the gang. Also a massive thanks to Ranonranonarat, your vote much appreciated!

And of course well doen Daniel. As the saying goes, nice fades.

Love to all

For kicks, and because I'm not sure the last time I posted a fit pic wearing the ROYxCones here:

IMG_5634.JPG

From a few weeks ago now (on my way to Inspiration). I think I'll always have that awesome "ahhhhh" feeling when slipping into these well-loved second-skins!

Oh! Another, which I know the Deutscher ROYxConers will appreciate. My brother finally developed the disposable (film) camera we took with us through Germany.

Upon beating all odds and making it alive from Dresden to (a creepy storage yard outside of) Nuremberg in a decomissioned ambulance, courtesy of mitfahrgelegenheit:

424622_10100667116509997_3608896_56187507_1811332511_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...