ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

While we're waiting, twiddling our thumbs, I'd just like to announce that almostnice is the winner of the mini belt contest by unanimous decision of the judges (me and mikecch)! While everyone's belts are looking great after a year of wear, the wear and color of Markus' belt are outstanding. I hope mine looks this good some day! I've been in touch with him via email, and I'll post his prize once he claims it.

zissous belt, one year now, oiled twice + an unplanned riversoak

IMG_4101.jpg

6689421889_9154b596f6_z.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

While we're waiting, twiddling our thumbs, I'd just like to announce that almostnice is the winner of the mini belt contest by unanimous decision of the judges (me and mikecch)! While everyone's belts are looking great after a year of wear, the wear and color of Markus' belt are outstanding. I hope mine looks this good some day! I've been in touch with him via email, and I'll post his prize once he claims it.

Nice! Markus well-deserves it.

I got various emails from the judges stating that they were holding out as a protest until my pair were submitted to them, but I did tell them to go ahead and vote anyway. I don't need the reaffirmation of greatness.

I've had official votes from two of the judges, three to go. I'll attempt to apply more pressure this evening.

It should be noted that ringring was very prompt and the first one to turn in his ballot. I have sent him a smiley-face "I voted" sticker to wear on his lapel.

Oh, I wasn't implying impatience of any sort! It's just strange seeing this thread so quiet.

In the meantime, I gave my Roys another wash last weekend. I sprayed just a little stain remover on a spot of leather dye that I got on 'em, and it made a nice, bright clean spot amidst a leg of brown patina. I'll never do that again.