ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Did they finally get there? Pics dude. Scratch and sniff preferably.

Any ideas for the best way (with as minimal agitation as possible) to get the stench of feline and urine out of RoyXcone contest jeans?

Maybe almostnice sold you his pair?

Posted · Hidden by cash, January 27, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by cash, January 27, 2012 - No reason given

Maybe almostnice sold you his pair?

I can safely assume why Pamota's pair would smell like feline urine....I'm very afraid of why Almostnice's pair would smell like feline urine.

hope this works

the pic is not very nice, cause i had to take it with flash. worn for a year everyday exept for maybe a week, one wash. stank like hell before the wash in december.

p1200740.jpg

By hdlee at 2012-01-27

Edited by fardin

Farhad said he should be back around his jeans Sunday - I'm hoping he'll be able to get pics in on Sunday before we all start voting on Monday!

Fardin and Paul - can you post your photos in the final picture thread as well? Fardin- you can post 3 more detail shots as well if you're so inclined.

Edited by dkatz

Belt is looking good, erk! If anyone woule like me to 'refurbish' their belt, just send me a PM. I just gave mine a good oiling, with a fresh coat of beeswax on the edges.

e1d8bd14.jpg

Great looking jeans, fardin!

Edited by zissou

Any ideas for the best way (with as minimal agitation as possible) to get the stench of feline and urine out of RoyXcone contest jeans?

No way! Did they really turn up, what, over two months late?

That's a rare item, a basically unworn RxC jean. The only one? Aside from rnrswitch's I mean.

That's a rare item, a basically unworn RxC jean. The only one? Aside from rnrswitch's I mean.

Hah ha. I'm gonna go cry in a corner now.

look awesome dkatz... although i would have just heavily darned the cuff ones with no patch so it looked good on both sides

this is how ive been wearing my ROYs now that the summer weather has finally turned up

fish2e.jpg

fish3z.jpg

nothing says i love you like a new pair of shoes... looked at these in a shop nek minute mr had purchased them

Did they finally get there? Pics dude. Scratch and sniff preferably.

Just in time. Let's see em!

They did on Thursday. The sender was from the p.o. box above mine. The midnight lady went to pick up my mail while i was in class and returned with these. The bag carried the stench of a very small apartment, containing an army of cats with incontinence issues (just a guess) which easily permeated to the jeans. I gave them a quick cold soak in some bronners but it did not help much.

I am away from my camera for a week while job training in the field, from Friday to Friday, so no updates. A few photos were taken while wearing them wet after the soak, I will see if she can email them to me. In my shock of them arriving and hastily packing I failed to bring any other pants with me, so the jeans will spend mornings hiking the frost covered muddy hillsides of West Virginia, clearing right aways. From the look of things so far, I believe that the lack of wear during the months of absence from my legs will possibly be made up this week alone.

Geesh folks, even though I am not one to relish in the rarity of things, never one to collect, what a privilege I feel to be wearing a pair of these jeans. Following tradition I should have missed out on these just like I narrowly miss out on most else that I find interesting in this little community, I am thankful that I didn't.

^I'm glad they finally arrived, sir! You'll just have to post photos from this year instead of last :)

Are those Red Wing shoes, TG? Love the massive selvage on your Roys.

Aaaaall right, team, it's go-time.

For those who haven't posted final pictures, I tried to find their most recent photos and quoted them in the final picture thread.

Below are links to everyone's final submission photos. Between now and the end of my day next Sunday (5 Feb) please PM or email me with your votes for your three picks for winner. Don't worry about ranking them. If you vote for yourself, I'll substitute "dkatz" for your self-vote. Sunday evening or Monday morning I'll post the results in the contest and final picture threads so everyone can make sure I correctly allocated their votes. And then roy6 will take it from there and pass the five finalists on to the judges.

I'm not going to nag anyone to vote (as I did to post photos).

Please also check to make sure I linked to your post correctly.

Aho > Not Too Tight > sweapea

almostnice

Cash

Dkatz

DocBlue

dr. house

Dr_Heech

Eltopo

Entertainment

Erk

Fardin

Farhad

Fre$co/fre-co

Joseph Hill

Lostinthesupermarket

Medine > rayw44

Mikechh

PaulT

Pomata > illumin8em

Ranonranonarat > ADH92

Riff

Rnrswitch

robbie

Roy6

Sansome1877

shortylong

TG76

TheClerk

ThisSunday

Zissou

Thanks smittybat for reposting Eltopo's photo!

31 Jan: Updated with rayw44's final photos.

Edited by dkatz

Exactly zissou. That's why you should all just choose one: rnrswitch, rnrswitch, rnrswitch.

But seriously, looking over those pics of all the jeans. They pretty much all look great (except Roy6s, but hey). I just voted and am already having second thoughts. I pretty much went with the folks that had some banged up jeans and chose to share their travels with us.

Kudos to all though. this is the best contest ever. The de facto.

Also, thanks to ROY for putting up with a bunch of bitchy primadonnas that we are.