ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

I'm sorry for being so passive in this contest...my personal bad luck caused this fucking apathy. Anyway, it was an honour to be part of this contest. Even if I'm not a big fan of the coke bottle cut of them Roys (waistwise)- a great jean and one of the best contests ever. There's still plenty of life in them, I wish I'd wear them harder. Great to see the the development on the other pairs- the best may win. Here are my humble final updates. Cone rules!

dscn0099d.jpg

dscn0105l.jpg

dscn0111fn.jpg

dscn0112t.jpg

dscn0115de.jpg

( due to bad weather I had to shoot my ROYs inside with neon light. The colour is more greyish and a bit lighter in reality)

Edited by dr.house

Just done my pre-wash pics... but we're out of washing powder. Will follow up tomorrow pm, hopefulyl they'll be dry by tomorrow PM. H

Here's my fave bit - the "R" from where ROy is embroidered on the pocket lining has worn thrui the outer denim.

TheR.jpg

And the nipper's 302 will be getting their first machine wash in the same load.

nipper-1.jpg

Edited by Paul T

an "r"??? Sorry, but I don't see it. I do, however, see the face of the Virgin Mary.

:P

Just done my pre-wash pics... but we're out of washing powder. Will follow up tomorrow pm, hopefulyl they'll be dry by tomorrow PM. H

Here's my fave bit - the "R" from where ROy is embroidered on the pocket lining has worn thrui the outer denim.

TheR.jpg

Damn I'm excited to see Paul's finale!

Updating:

20 of 30 reporting

Aho > Not Too Tight > sweapea

almostnice

Cash

Dkatz

DocBlue

dr. house

Dr_Heech

Eltopo

Entertainment

Erk

Fardin

Farhad

Fre$co/fre-co

Joseph Hill

Lostinthesupermarket

Medine > rayw44

Mikechh

PaulT

Pomata > mailman (illumin8em)

Ranonranonarat > ADH92

Riff

Rnrswitch

robbie

Roy6

Sansome1877

shortylong

TG76

TheClerk

ThisSunday

Zissou

Edited by dkatz

it goes medine>rayw44

and

has anyone actually talked to Roy about doing another project for us? (I like the jacket contest idea)

Edited by Medine

I replaced one of my final pictures under the wire. It was on the same day as the 'sport shoot'. It was intended to showcase a nice Lee acquisition, but it will suit this application better than what was there. It was in better lighting, and until my photography skills improve, my accidental pictures will probably be better than my intentionals.

Life and things delayed a few picture additions. First is from the last official day of the contest for me. Jan 1st. Since my front fades were much better than my rears, I thought a couple hours in an arthouse theater seat with my wife and brother might make some last minute advancement. Leave it to Werner Herzog to do a documentary about prehistoric cave paintings in 3D.

cavesmall.jpg

The local blizzard had me trapped at work and the parents house for two days with no camera and no ROYs for the picturesque snow shoveling. We had no car work so I shoveled the stations lot of snow for nine hours as it continued to fill in behind me. The next day repeat. Then it warmed up like crazy and I made it home to join the 150,000 people with no power for half the week. So I polished boots by candlelight. (That's got to be up there with sewing with an old union special, right?)

candlelightsmall.jpg

While most of the snow was melting, the giant bergs we built by hand had to be shifted. Luckily the crew that was on hiatus from installing our new carwash let us use this thing. I made sure that at least the ROY chambrays were with me this day.

bobcatsmall.jpg

Edited by Joseph Hill

Disgusting day. 1/15 of a second at f/1.7 and my hands are too shakey.

But the jeans are dry, at least.

inthedark.jpg

I'll follow up with the official set when it brightens up. But I love this fabric, it's been a very worthwhile year.

Roy6, are you in touch with Cory? Can't we get him to submit pics? I am happy to try Farhad. Who else has gone awol??

Damn Paul...

Woo! 22 of 30 are in! (well, out of 29 assuming that Pomata's mailman doesn't post pics)

Aho > Not Too Tight > sweapea

almostnice

Cash

Dkatz

DocBlue

dr. house

Dr_Heech

Eltopo

Entertainment

Erk

Fardin

Farhad

Fre$co/fre-co

Joseph Hill

Lostinthesupermarket

Medine > rayw44

Mikechh

PaulT

Pomata > mailman (illumin8em)

Ranonranonarat > ADH92

Riff

Rnrswitch

robbie

Roy6

Sansome1877

shortylong

TG76

TheClerk

ThisSunday

Zissou

Paul those look incredible!

Thanks for the reminder Dkatz. I've been getting into work when it's dark and getting out when it's darker, so hopefully I can snap some final pics this weekend. Just wanted all to know I haven't forgot and intend to post.

May change my final pics then, thought Dkatz said the 23rd or 24th Jan?

Not happy with my pix, so will try and get some more up this weekend.

Looks like we're extending the "deadline" to this weekend. Voting will be open Monday 30 Jan - Monday 6 Feb. And no, robbie, you can't vote for yourself!