ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Looks like only 16 contestants posted final pics. What happened to the 14 other guys?

Some of us actually do have busy lives ( not a dig at anyone ) so time for oneself is precious.

Did take some final pics last weekend, but wasn't happy with them. Will try and shoot some more this weekend, if my 4 year old will give me 10 minutes peace!

Failing that, I'll get some up next weekend.

Edited by Dr_Heech

Does anyone remember who was the last person to receive his jeans (paul or pomata I think) and what date he received them? It'll be each contestant's responsibility to take their final submission photos as close as possible to the anniversary of the receipt of the jeans by their original owner, but then I figure we should all wait to actually post our submissions until everyone has passed one year (hence my question) - rather than having sporadic final-entry posts over the course of however many weeks. I suppose we should make a deadline for final-entry posts - let's say one week after the last contestant finishes his/her year.

After the final entry deadline has passed, I say we allow a week for everyone to PM (or email) his/her votes for their 3 favorites (reminder: voting for almostnice is prohibited; voting for rnr is allowed but comes at the cost of -1 vote for yourself).

For the sake of clarity, here's the plan as I understand it:

- In the week after the last person finishes his/her year, each contestant submits her/his 5-picture final entry

- in the following week, each contestant (plus any former contestants who stayed involved) PMs or emails me with their top three choices for "winner"

- I post the votes for public review (yay transparency! I learned something from living under a dictator president!). Factored in to this will be a handicap/advantage for the Four Founding Fathers.

- top five vote-getters' posts are somehow sent to the four judges

- [...]

- judges tell us who is the prettiest girl at the ball.

[- if almostnice wins, all other contestants commit ritual suicide]

- ROY emerges from the aether with a prize for almostnice the winner

D-katz was good enough to take on getting this organized (since Chris, Paul, Markus & I were so lax in doing it) and as I recall we all either agreed to let him do it and with these rules, or we all agreed to it by omission. There was plenty of time to speak up before the contest ended, which it now has for everyone but, I think, theClerk & PaulT, maybe Fre-co?

If you are done, post your pics. When Paul gets his posted, everyone else should have had plenty of time to photograph and post theirs, so maybe that can be the cut-off date?

Can we please refrain from pre-emptive accusations of favoritism on the parts of other contestants or judges? I'm choosing to trust everyone in the contest.

Posted · Hidden by Dr_Heech, January 23, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Dr_Heech, January 23, 2012 - No reason given

TG, I think it's safe to say that you're going to win for longest lifespan of ROYxCones. They're still gonna be in wearable shape for the 10 year ROYxCone reunion!

I am a big fat loser on that metric. Booo

Yes but you were one of the more interesting (and prolific) posters in this contest, so the semi-trashed roys are a credit to your experiences.

The repairs will give them a second wind and breathe new life into them. Yaay!

Can we please refrain from pre-emptive accusations of favoritism on the parts of other contestants or judges? I'm choosing to trust everyone in the contest.

Who's doing this then?? We dont want any funny stuff which would cause bad vibes, and basically spoil what has been a unique and interesting experience. well for me anyhow.

(iirc I got my jeans around this time last year. Both mine and paul's arrived together at his address, he then sent mine on.)

Now, now, Dr, you know very well yours arrived on their own and I posted them to you on 13 Jan! Hoping those extra 4 or 5 days will make all the difference???

D-day for me is Sunday. They'll go into the wash at 5.55pm...

Edit: The Clerk was the other late one, his arrived around the 14th I think, same time as the Dr's.

Edited by Paul T

Now, now, Dr, you know very well yours arrived on their own and I posted them to you on 13 Jan! Hoping those extra 4 or 5 days will make all the difference???

Thanks for the clarification Paul ( damn! thought I'd got away with that)

No difference really, hardly worn them since xmas, too busy wearing my 551z's and og roy's.

Will I still be able to post final pix next weekend or will it be too late?

So here's what we've got so far. Please someone check over this list and let me know what I've screwed up (didn't someone have Aho's jeans before sweapea wound up with them?).

Sounds like roy6 as one of the Founding Fathers of ROYxCone has determined that the deadline for posting pictures is whenever Pault submits his - which sounds like it will be Monday (23 Jan) or Tuesday (24 Jan).

Everyone on the list below (current and former contestants, I say) will have one week from when Pault submits his final pictures on the thread to email or PM me with their three (not ranked/weighted) votes (based on whatever you want - popularity, post-quality, fadez, most crotch-shots posted, highest frequency of giving almostnice shit, etc). After one week I'll figure out how to post the votes publicly (here and in the final submission thread) so everyone can see who voted for who in order to correct any mistakes on my part and let the drama begin. From there, I'm hoping roy6 or someone else will take over and notify the judges of the top 5.

17of 30 reporting

Aho > Not Too Tight > sweapea

almostnice

Cash

Dkatz

DocBlue

dr. house

Dr_Heech

Eltopo

Entertainment

Erk

Fardin

Farhad

Fre$co/fre-co

Joseph Hill

Lostinthesupermarket

Medine

Mikechh

PaulT

Pomata > mailman (illumin8em)

Ranonranonarat > ADH92

Riff

Rnrswitch

robbie

Roy6

Sansome1877

shortylong

TG76

TheClerk

ThisSunday

Zissou

Edited by dkatz

Sorry if I am being dense, but do we pick our top three in no particular order, or do we rank them from 1 to 3? If we are ranking them, how will the different places be assigned points? 3 points for first place, 2 points for second and 1 point for third? I wouldn't want my first place vote to be worth a lot more than my second place vote. I am going to have trouble picking just three.

Posted · Hidden by fre-co, January 21, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by fre-co, January 21, 2012 - No reason given

I'll accept that the decision is made but... I dunno maybe it's my scientist mind over analysing but if by some great act of consensus and group think we all picked the same three, how do you send a short list of five to the judges?

This method is a little flawed no?

Sorry if I am being dense, but do we pick our top three in no particular order, or do we rank them from 1 to 3? If we are ranking them, how will the different places be assigned points? 3 points for first place, 2 points for second and 1 point for third? I wouldn't want my first place vote to be worth a lot more than my second place vote. I am going to have trouble picking just three.

Don't rank, just pick 3.

I'll accept that the decision is made but... I dunno maybe it's my scientist mind over analysing but if by some great act of consensus and group think we all picked the same three, how do you send a short list of five to the judges?

This method is a little flawed no?

Yes, theoretically flawed (it gnawed at my researcher-brain as well), but chances of all votes going to <5 contestants are slim to the point of being negligible. And if only 4 are voted for at all, then only those 4 will go to the judges (or 3 for that matter).

Sigh. Alright, dkatz and I talked it over and came up with a new ranked-choice triplicate-paperwork system of scaled voting. Here is a mock up of how the votes will be tabulated:

Pick me up an LVC sweater vest so I can match?

Edited by dkatz

My three votes:

Rnr

Rnr

Rnr

Get it, got it, good. Our future depends in it.