ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Posted · Hidden by Goominim, December 22, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by Goominim, December 22, 2011 - No reason given

i can't justify buying $300+ jeans, but the price is spot on for a one man operation with that much quality, which makes it even more ridiculous that LVC is priced so close now

Yeah, great to hear you're doing well, doc!

I don;t know why some of you are submitting final photos just yet. there's plenty of drunken denim destruction and other adventures to be had between now and 1/1.

I think it's best if we hold off on posting final submissions until everyone is done. That way we won't have to sift through 50 pages of the thread over a couple months to see everyone's final submissions. So maybe put together your final submission post (take pictures at least) as soon as your year is done, but wait to actually post until the last contestant has finished his year.

Yep, will do!

dkatz - damn mate, your german trip was awesome. you have seen more of germany as i did by now...and i´m living here since 24years now :D...thanks for sharing the (beer) pics...looks like you guys had a blast...looking forward to istanbul.

all the others looking great as well...great progress/ gifts everybody! keep it up...

What can I add, but say that other folks' ROYs are blazing a trail for where I hope mine go as well some day.

I had to get some car bits, so I was off to my favorite (remaining) junk yard. They've been zoning these places out of business left and right around here. This one was a really awesome mudhole. Previous pickers made stepping stones through the scum lakes with tires, doors, engine blocks, so you could traverse some areas without disappearing somewhere you might not get fished out of. Dang it! They cleaned it up.

junkone.jpg

The place is now owned by a chain and they sanitized the place. All the orphaned bits, chunks, odds and sods are gone. What was once a wonderfull adventure is now very boring. And I couldn't find a thing worth taking home. Well, there was this '59 Flatbed, but I've got too many projects already to take on this beautiful beast. Sadly it will soon see the crusher, as these new yards are all about turn-over.

59junk.jpg

Docblue! Glad to hear from you. I am somewhat glad your life moved on. I only wish mine would move on from this sufu land.

Hope you like it. They kinda help with musty swamp ass sweaty jeans.

I received an incredibly nice calendar from Joseph Hill and believed he was my secret santa, only to discover another box of goodies with a note informing me that ADH92 was my secret santa. I was certainly not this good, but thanks to both of you!

The loot:

399289_10150440728876835_508016834_9038947_619222206_n.jpg

Edited by robbie

I hope you're all having a great holiday week! Love the christmas card, riff :) 12/23 marked the last day of work for the year for me, and as the year winds down, I'm very much enjoying the lazy days that often come with this time of year.

E and I spent an afternoon melting down various Godiva chocolates into holiday molds. Of course, this required much sampling, and we both had a stomach ache by the end.

25e77ab7.jpg

3e385f9b.jpg

eda878ee.jpg

Ready to give to friends!

5f82d455.jpg

I was on my own for Christmas Eve day, so I made the Saturday pilgrimage to the bakery on my own. The shadows were still long, and it was maybe 10F- chilly!

2f4921e9.jpg

It's always so hard to decide, but I settled on a couple pastries, and a tall mug of coffee.

727cdc06.jpg

And the angels of heaven shone down upon the Roys, blessing them with heavenly joy (despite the fact that they smell pretty bad at this point).

01a1c481.jpg

Christmas ain't Christmas without a loaf of their pumpkin spice bread.

7de1ae75.jpg

On the way back, I thought I'd give you all a tour of some of the houses in my neighborhood. I live just a half block off of historic Center St, which is always a pleasant stroll. I enjoy looking at, and especially enjoy no longer owning, the historic homes.

This beautiful Italianate apparently has a bizarrely renovated interior.

46774240.jpg

The other Italianate across the street is E's favorite- she calls it the 'Ivy House'.

8834c475.jpg

This old mansion had fallen into disrepair while unoccupied for the past two years. Thankfully, a young family purchased it and have been making renovations. I couldn't help but think 'suckerrrs" as I walked by. Beautiful house, though.

8ab1c7b6.jpg

This massive stone Victorian is owned by the family that has had a jewelry store on Main St for the past 120 years.

6e632b74.jpg

Two more beautiful Victorians.

087bf3ad.jpg

392f1c82.jpg

I love this little cottage on the corner. it's what I imagine all of you Brits live in.

c12487e2.jpg

Turn the corner, and there's my little mid-century shack :)

ccbbe95b.jpg

OK, finish up a few Christmas presents...

590741f8.jpg

And we're ready!

1fea8fb6.jpg

Christmas Day was mostly a blur of presents, cooking, eating, and playing. Someone is enjoying her mustache eraser, while the other someone wants to chew it up.

8a1c8d14.jpg

The highlight was a new guitar. Now E just needs lessons....

e44df771.jpg

Time for some down time, enjoying one of her presents.

0c6b94a9.jpg

We had to get out of the house the next day, so we enjoyed our first day of the season on the slopes. Despite the snow not being that great, we tore it up. (no Roys, unfortunately...)

4788fe17.jpg

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Zissou, I think I have pictures of a couple of those houses from the last time we were down there. We hope to be just that kind of sucker one day. And your moustachio is filling out nicely.

The following are some photographs of the type published in any manly sporting publication one might find in many of your larger cities. Ladies, please do not swoon. They are presented for clinical, and scientific reference and any level of nudity exposed shoud not be considered prurient in any way. Only a representation of the manly physique in its most basic and finely developed form.

The first is the before picture. Whoa Nelly! Look at the pot belly on that stove!

underwear2.jpg

The second picture shows the after effects of vigorous efforts made whilst wearing the Patent pending ROY Sporting attire.

Not the svelting condition of the anterior, and raised attitude of the gluteal miximisers. (again, ladies... settle down)

underwear1.jpg

Inquiries as to pamphlets regarding similar manly sporting attire and techniques in photographic detail, may be referenced to rnrswitch, as I was made to understand that he collects such things...

imag0103fd.jpg

Secret Santa arrived. Perfect coffee table reader. Thanks whoever you are.