ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

It's so hard to keep up with the activities of everyone in this thread, since there always seems to be so much going on.

Congrats on the job Dkatz! It's really nice to see someone else succeed and transition from job search mode. I worry my search will continue for awhile.

Riff, every time I see your dogs I can't help but smile, and my girlfriend loves them too. They are the only thing on Sufu she ever cares to see.

I had to do some shopping for little christmas gifts so I took a ride to the strip district. This place used to be the main hub for all produce and goods to come into the city, but now it has become more of a junk store extravaganza. The one great thing they still have is street food of all kinds.

I almost went with a primanti sandwich from the original location, but I just wasn't hungry enough.

6500993015_c96d9a65fb_z.jpg

I chose lengua (beef tongue) tacos from reyna's food instead. Easily the best tacos I've ever had, and only $5.

6500992253_23bc8519f6_z.jpg

Funhouse mirror-style fit pic.

6500994113_f460fd576d_z.jpg

And a better pic from earlier this month that I forgot to post.

6501023303_25ab41c1dc_z.jpg

I also got some great news recently, I passed the PA bar exam and am now officially a licensed attorney. I got my license and had to take an archaic oath at a small ceremony. Now one day I'll be able to hold my moral ground and say, "I took an oath, goddammit!"

Wow, helluva eventful couple days around here! Congratulations Mike!!

First day of work went well. I'm still working on resolving myself to a pretty significant shift in the nature of the work I'm doing (as well as to being in LA), but I dig the vibe of the place and I'm gonna give it a fair shot.

I don't actually use the coins in the pouch. They just sit there. They are collectible coins. The only time I add to them is when I get one in change. So they don't actually see too much action.

Well, in the interest of keeping the career improvement ball rolling on this thread, my Roys and I are going to go take a couple of friends out to lunch to celebrate. I just now spoke to my Dept Head who informed me that I've been promoted! I was an educator (staff), but once the papers are signed in a couple of days, I'll be an Assistant Professor (faculty)!! What a nice early Christmas present. I can't stop smiling...

258f4e29.jpg

Edited by zissou

With the 5.0 update I fell behind on posting. SO, here is November in a nutshell.

NovParty1.jpg

My wife's half-sister's birthday is Nov. 11. Since this year was 11/11/11, she threw herself a very big party. We flew down to Tempe to join in.

NovParty2.jpg

Drinking and assorted revelry.

NovParty3.jpg

Phoenix has a really great botanical garden. The camera battery died on the second picture. I dig desert plants, which were represented in spades.

NovParty4.jpg

@rnr.switch

Those roys are a work of art - just look at those honeycombs! Not bad for a desk jockey.

Looks like it's between you and Zissou then (imo).

Thanks. We are forgetting about Roy6 and PaulT. I have a feeling Paul has been holding out on pics for a final unveiling. What about that loser almostnice too. His knee fades are simple and refined....

Thanks, guys! It's a great step up for me in the long term. It's always nice when the superiors above are so supportive that they'll work to make something like this happen.

RNR- the jeans are looking great! How many washes have they had? Judging from the overall fading, I'd guess about a half dozen, but do you usually machine or hand wash?

I'll keep the professional development ball rolling as well. Mine pales in comparison with degrees and promotions but it's step one of several I intend to take with Wal-mart. I was offered a full time position this evening [wal-mart usually waits 90 days to extend this to employees, i've been there 2.5 weeks :D] so it looks like I'll be rocking the double layer for a while longer at least.

386282_10150417972616835_508016834_8934855_1540179336_n.jpg

RNR- the jeans are looking great! How many washes have they had? Judging from the overall fading, I'd guess about a half dozen, but do you usually machine or hand wash?

Other than the initial soak, they have had two handwashes and one (the most recent) hard wash in blazing hot water. The last one pulled a lot of the loose indigo out as well as some residual starch. they are nice and soft now.

Thanks. We are forgetting about Roy6 and PaulT. I have a feeling Paul has been holding out on pics for a final unveiling.

If only - I'm wearing my 30s Lee at the mo (nice jeans), my Roys are in danger of a blowout and mrs t claims she is working too hard to attend to my crotch.

... the nipper's 301, which have been worn in over the same period, are looking rocking. Both knees gone, rather like almostnice's.

So I don't drop out of this thread, here was our Sunday. Last trip to the market...

Dropping up Christmas cards and picking up free beigels. yeah!

beigels.jpg

beigel.jpg

The fella on the left is one of Columbia Road's longest-standing flower sellers, Mick. As I might have mentioned before, he and his son gave us all the flowers when mrs t and I got married. The nipper is on a long-standing offer of work on Sunday mornings when he's 14.

colmbroad.jpg

Being a long-term character on Columbia Road, the nipper was interviewed about East London, and the olympics, for Chinese TV. Hilarious!

interview.jpg

We brought back all the berries and mistletoe we needed. I have a last blast of work this week but am getting in the mood. Hope y'll are too.

(and congrats to Daniel and Ray btw, that's great news)

Edited by Paul T

If only - I'm wearing my 30s Lee at the mo (nice jeans), my Roys are in danger of a blowout and mrs t claims she is working too hard to attend to my crotch.

Blimey! She should never be too busy for that!

Congratulations on all the jobs, degrees and promotions.

My eternal daily grind is ongoing.....

Here's another shitty cell phone bathroom fit pic:

6509819661_2d7271c3c5_z.jpg

Fre$co, what is that coat your wearing?