ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

I have not posted for a while because superfuture 5.0 would not let me log in, even though I requested two new passwords. I figured that if I waited long enough, something might change. But it didn't. I am guessing 5.0 doesn't like the exclamation point at the end of my old user name. So I have a new account. My user name has been shorn me of the exclamation point which strips it of meaning for me. ("Entertainment!" is the name of a Gang of Four album, but not many people figured that out any way as far as I can tell.)

Since I don't have the same account as before, does this mean I am disqualified from the prizes? (Probably it will have more to do with not having posted enough per the newly promulgated contest rules?)

But unlike illumin8em, I do have my pair of RxC at least.

I feel that story and contribution will go into the final voting, even without these points being specified. I don't think a seldom-poster will be able to throw pictures up on the last day and run away with the contest. I think voters will naturally be drawn to contestants they are familiar with and who regularly posted.

Edited by cash

Maybe it's cos I'm a Brit, but it's the taking part and not the winning that matters. SO let it roll any old way.

My recollection is that Roy really didn't want to judge, so I would suggest ringring, Ralph Tharpe, who's agreed, and Bud Strickland, who is the new head of technical development at Cone to judge from the final selection. Personally, I don't mind if the general SuFu community votes - altho that would render it open to sabotage.

Maybe it's cos I'm a Brit, but it's the taking part and not the winning that matters. SO let it roll any old way.

Hear hear!

And moving along - what i was doing, to accompany the image of what i was wearing yesterday - dog park fun....

So I finally had a moment of quiet during this crazy month, and took the pups to a park by the lake….

6460421113_c751fea19f_z.jpg

Great place to socialize and catch up with old friends.....

6460386077_ef415a2015_z.jpg

Hey! That's my toy!!!

6460404725_3eb0c7ab41_z.jpg

It looks like they're viscous, but they are just playing, mouthing each other reasonably gently!

6460412841_b6323305cf_z.jpg

Our pups had eyes only for the squirrels….

6460438717_0362950b0e_z.jpg

He spotted one!

6460447475_95ce93886c_z.jpg

The wind picked up & it started to rain again

6460395273_38acf4c3a5_z.jpg

So we called it a day

6460429081_c6b41f8c1b_z.jpg

OK, everyone who sent me their address for the gift swap should have just received a message with the address of the person to whom they should send their gift!

Twenty one people signed up, and 15 of the swaps are transoceanic. Have fun!!

Edited by zissou

Reading back through the first few posts on this thread brought a smile to my face. I remember all of the excitement seeing the jeans when they arrived. It was a bit like, well... Christmas!

It's crazy to see that denim brand spankin' new again.

Some pictures from the Delaware River valley right around the time Superfuture went down.

Frenchtown

One of my favorite river towns. Unfortunately, the person who wrote Eat Pray Love has moved in, so it attracts a lot more tourists than it used to. But it does have a candy store that sells great old candy like Necco Wafers, Zotz, and Lemonheads.

Many of the buildings have signs painted on the brickwork.

frenchtown2.jpg

frenchtown1.jpg

frenchtown5.jpg

Stockton

On the Pennsylvania side of the bridge is a restaurant called Dilly's Corner that has great soft ice cream. It is very popular with Harley Davidson owners.

frenchtown3.jpg

Big Brother is watching.

frenchtown6.jpg

frenchtown4.jpg

Edited by entertainment

Shite, Robbie maybe I should count myself out of the contest..? My jeans are looking killer but I have been way too slack on the posting. Maybe I should pass them on for the last two weeks of wear so someone else can win? Or I could post every day between now and NYE. Will have to get a better camera though. Oh what's a boy to do.....

WINNING MATTERS.

And if some asswipe who barely posted wins I'll be pissed.

I think robbie was probably joking around here, and encouraging said slackers to post some pics. Since we'll all be voting on the final five contestants to submit to the judges (is that right dkatz?), everyone will get their say. Since the judges probably won't have followed the thread as closely as we have, maybe that is the time to reward the "intangibles", those qualities the contestants brought to the contest which you wouldn't see just looking at the jeans.

Speaking of the judges, the lineup has changed slightly:

Carl Chiara (formally of Levi's/LVC)

Ralphe Tharpe (formerly of Cone)

ringring (currently of ringing)

and...

(drumroll)

Christophe Loiron (of Mister Freedom).

Mr. Chiara and Mr. Loiron were gracious enough to participate, and I imagine they both know a well worn pair of jeans when they see one. They both looked through the thread and had nice things to say about the jeans and their respective journeys.

Mr. Tharpe hasn't confirmed yet, but if he can't do it Roy will.

He's the skinnier fellow.

nice. they even have a mature audiences warning on their video.

speaking of bands and posting more photos...I wish this one looked better.

375332_2658885993479_1295778102_33004349_210844132_n.jpg

we went on a little mini tour with our good buddies from college - Future Islands - they've really been making a name for themselves these days and it was great seeing our friends enjoying such success...and allowing us to tag along. I wish the photo was nicer, but at least its got some nice iPhone flash zombie eyes.

That's a fantastic lineup of judges, mr. roy6.

My Roys and I won a tasty dinner at the local wood-fired pizza shop by guessing on FB that this pile of ingredients:

63eceda5.jpg

Was going to become this delicious minestrone soup:

bc3f1553.jpg

To go with my favorite pizza- spinach, mushroom, and artichoke.

ab20d8fa.jpg

Exciting, huh? ;)

I edited my post. And roy6 is correct. I was mostly joking and it fell flat.

I apologize, certain things are next to impossible to convey online.

I realize how childish it was of me, not proud of it. I know an apology doesn't change things, or un-ruffle feathers. again, sorry.

Shite, Robbie maybe I should count myself out of the contest..? My jeans are looking killer but I have been way too slack on the posting. Maybe I should pass them on for the last two weeks of wear so someone else can win? Or I could post every day between now and NYE. Will have to get a better camera though. Oh what's a boy to do.....

just when i thought i was free from bitchyness as the girls school i work at closes for summer..

Edited by robbie