ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Great updates guys, sorry to see the broken knees on almostnices pair and hell yeah, good to see Paul is back. If I can afford a new camera :o I'll post my personal update soon. Too much shit this time, best thing in the last three months was my latest purchase, a sweet black Alfa Romeo 147 (besides all my f.cking personal bad luck). But hey, I'm single again :P

Edited by dr.house

Looking great, ThisSunday. Yeah, I feel like all I've been doing this week is sitting around, eating, and watching movies. I need to plan some exciting stuff to end the year!

I was going to guess Alaska from the photos! Looks like a great (but cold) trip.

Who is up for a RoyxCone Secret santa exchange?

Edited by zissou

:) A bunch of people agree to send one person a Christmas gift, and I put everyone's names in a hat and let each person know to whom they need to send a gift. For instance, I might send a gift to you, markus, but you have to send a gift to robbie, etc... Usually, there's a fairly low monetary value, like $15-20?

Well folks, I guess it is time for this post.

Thanks to the venerable pomata's sexy curves, I was able to (through many months of persistence) lure his pair of

roy x cone away from his closet. I was pretty bummed the day this all went down, as I was not privy to the details of how to get on the list (you guys had me so confused as to what was going on with all the hints etc...) even though I watched the threads like a hawk so i wouldn't miss out. I decided to pursue a pair anyways, pestering Roy, and a few of you trying to get in a pair of these jeans which I need to apologize for. Sorry to all of you. A while ago I took some months off from Sufu (the summer) and when I finally returned, the first thing I did was contact pomata about his pair. After a few weeks of back and forth, we came to an agreement.

Unfortunately the royxcone jeans never arrived. It has been nearly 3 months with no sign of them, disappearing after Italy, which was the extent of the tracking option. There is an open investigation at USPS to find the package, which was strangely closed stating "issue resolved" which I had to reopen.

I am embarrassed that this happened to a pair your contest's jeans. I have followed from the beginning and know the effort many of you have put into staying loyal to the jeans, and believed that I could be a comparative contributor. These were going to be my first pair of nice jeans. I have come close over the years, but just have never been able to get comfortable with sizing from the jean makers that I like, as well as I seem to have a hole in my wallet that doesn't allow me to retain jeans funds long enough to figure out sizing and make a purchase.

I will update with whatever I find out, and welcome any advice

. Well folks, I guess it is time for this post. Thanks to the venerable pomata's sexy curves, I was able to (through many months of persistence) lure his pair of roy x cone away from his closet. I was pretty bummed the day this all went down, as I was not privy to the details of how to get on the list (you guys had me so confused as to what was going on with all the hints etc...) even though I watched the threads like a hawk so i wouldn't miss out. I decided to pursue a pair anyways, pestering Roy, and a few of you trying to get in a pair of these jeans which I need to apologize for. Sorry to all of you. A while ago I took some months off from Sufu (the summer) and when I finally returned, the first thing I did was contact pomata about his pair. After a few weeks of back and forth, we came to an agreement. Unfortunately the royxcone jeans never arrived. It has been nearly 3 months with no sign of them, disappearing after Italy, which was the extent of the tracking option. There is an open investigation at USPS to find the package, which was strangely closed stating "issue resolved" which I had to reopen. I am embarrassed that this happened to a pair your contest's jeans. I have followed from the beginning and know the effort many of you have put into staying loyal to the jeans, and believed that I could be a comparative contributor. These were going to be my first pair of nice jeans. I have come close over the years, but just have never been able to get comfortable with sizing from the jean makers that I like, as well as I seem to have a hole in my wallet that doesn't allow me to retain jeans funds long enough to figure out sizing and make a purchase. I will update with whatever I find out, and welcome any advice

that's really harsh sorry to hear about that. sometimes things do get lost in the mail though, so that is pretty much something out of your control. but having said that, do have hope. a pair of jeans that was supposed to reach me in 3 weeks, took slightly more than 3 months to get to me (not sure why), so there is chance that you will still be able to get them. good luck illumin8em and it was a real shame that they did not manage to reach you (yet).

I'm in for the swap!

Illumin8em, sorry to hear about that. You would have done them justice. Don't give up entirely, though. Shipping to/from Italy is the worst, hands down, and things can turn up randomly many months later.

More from this week. Thanksgiving day:

The Colonel's driveway:

6417179263_8068e5e3ba_b.jpg

Visitor:

6417178121_aa978824cc_b.jpg

6417176553_864306fd12_b.jpg

After dinner the family and I watched a rerun of my Mother-in-law's favorite show, featuring dancing celebrities:

6417173699_d65c531937_o.jpg

My mother-in-law offered up (with absolutely no provocation from me, honestly) "It's like watching a cow on ice skates".

Snap.