ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

I know they're too short, and it's a shame, but Ranon is probably 8 inches shorter than me. I'm 6'3 and it's hard to make jeans with a 30ish inch inseam work for me.

(I'm not calling out Thin Finn, I don't think his post is attacking ADH) For the amount of groupthink and groupdress that goes on around SUFU, I always appreciate the fits that take traditional pieces like boots and selvedge denim and interpret it in original and modern ways (God knows I'm no good at it). ADH's fit is on point and one of the better looking on the board.

ADH - if the jeans were just an inch or two longer, so you could rock them with a single cuff they would just be a perfect fit. still looking good, but also still a bit on the short side :)

Don't blame the jeans man, it's his legs! :)

Hey everyone. Thanks for the kind words. I'm starting to like the fit the more they get worn.

Here are some pictures from my early afternoon today.

DSC_6837.jpg

DSC_6839.jpg

We took a trip to the AVAM. No photos allowed inside, but it was a really neat place.

DSC_6868copy.jpg

Funky giant chess set.

DSC_6870copy.jpg

DSC_6878copy.jpg

DSC_6884copy.jpg

DSC_6888copy.jpg

About as pretty as Baltimore can be.

DSC_6902copy.jpg

Hope it's as beautiful for you guys as it is here.

Awesome Zissou, although I thought things were leading up to some sort of powder-keg finale (which is sort of what we got here). It makes me sad for the Wawona schooner that we had until recently. It was the last of Seattles wooden fishing fleet (cod was big at one time). The Wooden Boat center had been desperately trying to save it for years, but pressure from the city, and Paul Allen (one of the biggest Aholes around and certainly the biggest in Seattle) who wanted to reshape South Lake Union into a futuristic, bio-tech, Allenopolis hated this "old eyesore" and pushed it to its final repose as wood chips and toothpicks.

Adh, looking good all around (kit, surroundings, and definitely the company).

I think Robbie is trying to be a contender!

Sorry for the sparse updates, but between working overtime at the shop, renovating the condo, trying to get married, and buy a house, the awesomeness has ebbed a little lately. The big day is arriving though, and we'll be honeymooning in Portland this weekend. If anyone will be around, a meetup would be sharp. Too bad Roy6 was a few weeks premature.

Edited by Joseph Hill

Terrific wear, robbie!

Good luck getting everything together, Joseph - I look forward to your posts when you can manage.

I haven't done a substantive update in a while. I could say it's because I haven't done anything "worth posting" but that would be quite hypocritical of me. I've been reacquainting myself with a couple small slices of America and if I'd been more diligent with my camera and associated words, I could have probably given you all a fun image. Unfortunately the world finally took its toll on my point-and-shoot and I've honestly not been in much of a mood for creativity. I didn't get the job that I wanted and felt was a perfect fit (the interview for which resulted in me posting the suit photo and blew almostnice's mind/understanding of the world). I've been bumming since then and trying to reorient and figure out what else is out there that I'm interested in doing. One of my best friends from Uganda also came to visit, and showing her around the stupidity of Orange County was fun… but I didn't document that well either!

So, let me try to make up a little bit.

Mostly my experience of the world lately looks like this:

IMG_5484.JPG

and has me feeling alooooone

IMG_5485.JPG

Orange County is driving me out of my mind, though, so I've been finding ways out of it as much as possible… but this is hard for we rare non-car-owning residents of the area. (hint: using google maps' public transportation feature advises me that my first step for getting anywhere is "get a taxi")

But other means exist!

IMG_0800.JPG

and combine!

IMG_0802.JPG

I missed my baby…

to allow me to do the same but in different places.

IMG_0804.JPG

[damn only 5 pictures allowed per post now??? More in a moment]

Awesome Zissou, although I thought things were leading up to some sort of powder-keg finale (which is sort of what we got here). It makes me sad for the Wawona schooner that we had until recently. It was the last of Seattles wooden fishing fleet (cod was big at one time). The Wooden Boat center had been desperately trying to save it for years, but pressure from the city, and Paul Allen (one of the biggest Aholes around and certainly the biggest in Seattle) who wanted to reshape South Lake Union into a futuristic, bio-tech, Allenopolis hated this "old eyesore" and pushed it to its final repose as wood chips and toothpicks.

That's sad to hear, although it's always a struggle. The Seaport is constantly raising money to restore the Morgan, even if it's recently had a restoration. I remembered when they restored it when I was a kid, at least 25 years ago, and here they were doing another full restoration on her again. Each time they have it out of the water, it takes 3-4 years and millions of dollars. They had completely disassembled the masts and rigging, and were even making new cordage the old fashioned way. I cannot imagine the amount of work and planning it takes just to keep a ship like that afloat. The hull was completely full of worm holes.

Trying hard to figure out the new sufu- no more rep system, capital letters don't exist, can't locate my subscriptions...

In the mean time, here are my Roys at 10 mo, probably 9 mo actual wear, a couple days after their fourth hand wash:

1fc57bf5.jpg

Edited by zissou

Hi everyone. Had a lazy Saturday thus far. Tonight might provide a little more excitement, but that's yet to be determined.

M and I started the afternoon with some burritos.

I don't know why, but Baltimore is seriously lacking in good burrito places.

DSC_6952.jpg

After a heart lunch we headed off to the Cylburn Arboretum. Here's the mansion after which the Arboretum is named.

DSC_7090.jpg

We took a bunch of dorky couples photos with my tripod... We might try again when the light is a little bit better.

DSC_6998.jpg

DSC_7045.jpg

DSC_7031.jpg

DSC_7065.jpg

DSC_7037.jpg

DSC_7011.jpg

Her jeans are PBJ for those interested. Hope everyone has a great weekend.