ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Great stuff Roy6, Zissou and almostnice.

Here's a quick update.

Feel like a bit of an update slacker but have been very busy with the new place and I no longer use the camera phone (does my head in so have gone back to the rubber builders phone).

Not been washed since august, worn evenings and weekends. Teamed up with a ©1960 Lee 101-LJ.

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2365.jpg

crazy colour in that picture. very nice. your jeans are also looking great. sharp whiskering above everything else. looks like there was a lot of transformation over the last few months.

congrats on being at the job for a year now markus! great store. also, looking very happy there in those photos. that guy in the pic i quoted has a nice toggle coat!

still my favourite thread so far! :)

Thanks, that's Kay, one of my bosses. He's wearing a duffle coat by Nigel cabourn.

Pretty sure it's Levis x Filson. See it here.

Exactly right. It's a great work vest. Has pockets I haven't even used yet, whereas usually I have vest/jacket pockets over-filled to bursting.

Looking very good Dr_Heech. Groundskeeping is good for denim.

I just realized after posting yesterday- only two months to go! Doesn't really seem like ten months already...

Looking very good Dr_Heech. Groundskeeping is good for denim.

Thankyou kind Sir.

Actually I haven't been wearing them to work since their last wash in august (although I do occasionally sneakily wear the roy OG's into work under waterproof's :D)

Absolutely Love the denim and how it wears. Have started to baby them a little as they are just right for me (as is) and I have a couple of raw pairs standing by (typical sufu'er really..)

You've been babying them? I saw your photos and instantly felt like a slacker. They're looking fantastic.

My Roys and I helped a friend install fiberglass insulation for a few hours today, and I remembered why I fucking hate installing fiberglass insulation. The Roys are disgusting and need another wash, so I'll post up some photos in a few days.

I guess this is more of a 'shame on me' type post.

I worked cattle today. Out of caution I wore beater jeans instead . Had I worn the Roy's I'm certain i'd have a momentary lead . Maybe next sunday, though I think we got everything loaded and moved.

cow manure/sweat/dust/et cetera is a perfect way to get the funk into your serge de nimes

you can neg rep me for not rockin the roys out on the range...

-rF

Today the RxCs were extras in a walking Haunted Tenderloin tour. Tendelorin in SF= Skid Row, more or less, but is just adjacent to several very posh areas of SF.

6297049806_b9ed0a2d63_z.jpg

Part of the tour. We had to shadow them in costume for several blocks, always maintaining a discrete distance.

6297039810_af6b13a874_z.jpg

A helpful on-looker who kept singing Hari Krishna chants.

6296509349_e60cd25b14_z.jpg

More onlookers who were actually more looked-at.

6297040872_18cddd17d4_z.jpg

Random architecture.

6297041546_ef1bb2a520_z.jpg

6297038974_ff7e9296e8_z.jpg

^awesome. The onlooker would get a rep from me, if he posted in WAYWT. I don't understand exactly, what you were doing there, but hopefully you weren't mistaken for the KKK.

I very much doubt that, 50 years ago perhaps.

Roy6, sure looks fun! And you did have a lot of eye candy, didn't you? ;)

Dr Heech, you look great! Those Roys, mmmm!

Happy Halloween everyone! :)

It is cold here! Would love that MF deck jacket today! Anyway, here's me, my accessories, and another one with our pumpkin!! *We need a pumpkin thread at this time of year! :)

Cloudveil, RxC, Blunnies

6299008980_8ae213dd18_z.jpg

6299051468_189b26b5fc_z.jpg

6299006650_52761f7364_z.jpg

Hey Dkatz! They're actually pretty roomy, although a hot soak helped slim them a bit. I also have the cinch pulled in. Lessens hip flare but makes for diaper-ass :P

Edit: thanks (?) for the pumpkin compliment! We've entered it in a local contest, but the competition looks tough!

You've been babying them? I saw your photos and instantly felt like a slacker. They're looking fantastic.

You roys are not the result of slacking mister, they're awesome!

When I say 'baby them', I just mean by that I like the colour and the fades right now, and dont want to risk doing any of the jobs I'm doing on the house/garden to push me to wash them again before their final wash/soak at christmas. The depth of indigo colour in the cone denim is stunning.

Looking good Erk! You finally got the White's sizing sorted?

Sweapea - crazy pumpkin! Must spread! And nice fit on the Roys!

Dr Heech - RxC are amazing! I know what you mean by wanted to keep them at this stage! Here's mine from the weekend, love the blues peeking out:

6292333889_ee3d455634_z.jpg

You roys are not the result of slacking mister, they're awesome!

When I say 'baby them', I just mean by that I like the colour and the fades right now, and dont want to risk doing any of the jobs I'm doing on the house/garden to push me to wash them again before their final wash/soak at christmas. The depth of indigo colour in the cone denim is stunning.

Somehow I thought it was Roy6 who said that he was babying them, and I was shocked :) I can understand your thinking. I've been going back and forth between keeping them close to where they are now, and trying to utterly destroy them by the end of the year.

Happy Halloween

This weekend I checked out a few bands. Sorry of the crappy pics. The point & shoots is no good for this type of stuff

First up Antibalas & MMW

IMAG0497.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg

IMAG0504.jpg

Here's a fit from Saturday. We had snow and rain on Saturday. Notice how wet my boots are.

IMG_2495.jpg

Yesterday was dry and I went to see The Black Angels, Dead Meadow, & Spindrift

Spindrift

IMG_2520.jpg

Dead Meadow

IMG_2540.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

The Black Angels

IMAG0529.jpg

IMAG0532.jpg

Here's yesterday's fit

IMG_2555.jpg

damn ThisSunday that latter fit is one of my favorite I've seen from you!

And thanks almostnice! I hope I get a cut soon.

IMG_0794.JPG

I should've actually send these to roy6, not that it would be handy for his gardening job, but he must have blisters and cuts from sandpapering, knifing, cutting and whatever dirty tricks he is using to have his pair aged artificially.