ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Fucking awesome stuff Farhad!!!! Congrats to you and Mike!!!!!

It's official!!!

I'm proud to say that the new inventory is out which I shot the cover for. Our very own mike Harris is the new cover boy. You will be proud to know that me and Mike both shot this cover story while wearing our Roy's!!!

The announced it today on their blog http://www.inventorymagazine.com/updates/inventory-magazine-issue-05.html

I will be doing a big blog post soon on the whole story as there are many awesome pics that did not get printed do to a lack of space.

INV_05_Cover-Mike_Harris.jpg

great post tg, sad to see all this too.

congrats farhad. cant wait to see the pics.

nice to see the roys shot buy cory for mono and now you for inventory. awesome stuff going on there

(I had pretty much stopped reading Inventory, but) I'm definitely buying that issue! Congrats, guys!

I'm enjoying my time on the east coast, but it doesn't look like I'll make it down to NYC like I had hoped :( I'll post up some photos soon, but first I need to go buy a battery charger!

Came across some old photos of great gran and pappy Josephine and Jebediah Hill The first couple is from when they went West to stake a claim in the gold fields of Californy. From the third picture, I guess they did all right. Funny, those waist overalls on Jeb sure look familiar.

miners2small.jpg

minerssmall.jpg

miners3small.jpg

Your grandpappy sure was a dapper fellow! :)

I've been on the east coast for the past week or so, but barely sitting still. We started out the trip on Cape Cod, MA, for a couple of days. It mostly rained, but we got out of the hotel for a little bit.

Making sure the shores are safe...

23134eeb.jpg

Exploring the jetty with Em.

0810020c.jpg

And playing some mean mini golf.

0147eaa6.jpg

During another rare moment of no rain, we went for a walk at the National Seashore. My daughter was snapping about 20 photos of me, and making me laugh.

2f91610e.jpg

Sorry, Joseph and zissou,

but both of your pairs cannot compete against mine. i am not a mod, but just reported your post. In fact, your Roys are way down from what they used to be. You're disqualified. ( We need room to make this confusing contest a bit more well- arranged. Thank you ). To say it the alexx way: :D:o:):(:confused::mad::P;):rolleyes::eek:

Thanks, Daniel, robbie, and ranon. I find that vacation is good for me, and I should take them more often. And, markus, what's 'sourpuss' in German? :P

After the Cape, we headed west to the Pocono Mtns of Penssylvania, where my aunt and uncle have a cabin on a lake. They live in the UK, so in exchange for maintaining the cabin, my father and the rest of my family gets to stay there pretty much as often as they like.

f70b24db.jpg

I had to get outside after the long car ride.

87b7fb1c.jpg

On the steps down to the lake, looking back up.

40de0d67.jpg

There's still time to head down to the lake to skip some stones before the sun goes down.

f8862236.jpg

Hello, sassafras. It sure looked and felt like autumn.

63faf541.jpg

The cabin itself is rather idyllic- built in the 1940's, and not much updated since.

77c4b4d5.jpg

A sign by the ladder up to the loft has me curious...

3bc409fd.jpg

Cousins playing games together. Seems ok to me :)

d2bc50eb.jpg

My Dad needed help repointing the mortar on the stone chimney because it had leaked quite a bit last winter. Most of a day took care of it pretty well...

52abdc68.jpg

After the mortar set up, I had to add a new layer of reinforced tar around the base, because the old tar had cracked quite a bit. I managed to keep it off the Roys.

186094fd.jpg

They were a little worse (or better!) for wear after the job was completed.

6763beb6.jpg

Now that the hard work was done, I took some time to join the girls and my Dad down at the lake to catch lunch. Two sunfish and a perch was a tasty (but small) lunch for us!

ecca3bfc.jpg

this thread needs more tractors, remember when it had tractors

8ch9.jpg

8ch10.jpg

and taxidermy

8ch11.jpg

8ch8.jpg

*i swear i saw the exact same tractor ice place stuff in queenstown back in autumn, but i am a girl so all tractors lookylikey to me

Still going strong at close to 10 months.

004450x600.jpg

007450x600.jpg

006600x450.jpg

009600x450.jpg

015600x450.jpg

010600x450.jpg

012600x450.jpg

Some one wanted some pics of what I carry in my pockets. Below is pretty much it. An overpriced Hillside chambray and a Alden Shell coin purse. I keep mostly collectible coinage. Silver dollars and such in there.

011600x450.jpg