ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Almostnice, your quips always crack me up!! Looking very corporate Dkatz - good luck!!!

This thread always delivers! From insane jeans to fantastic photos, to rolling on the floor humour!!

Sorry for the lack of updates - I've had a good week of wearing my RxC, and I'm loving every minute of it!

I spent the weekend doing work (that "40 hour" wrk week is such a joke) and gardening, and while I was outside, I took a few snaps of the Roys! Bear with me - I know this is all old hat to you, but it's new & exciting for me!

bJXqS.jpg

NQyQL.jpg

This next picture reminds me that I should empty my pockets one day & show you what I carry with me! Here is my much-loved Emerson folder - which I purchased last year after spending waaaay too much time on the EDC thread! :D Thanks Branespode!

zlsbi.jpg

My gardening boots - (ugly) blunnies! The Relativity has such a sleek & elegant pair, not adjectives that can be applied to mine unfortunately! I promised Mikecch that I would update his shoe thread, but I think I'll leave these guys out! :P

i2AsG.jpg

My "gardening" work consisted of damage control…. I present exhibit A & exhibit B:

0rG3q.jpg

xByhM.jpg

These lovely additions to my backyard were created by my neighbour's puppy, who manages to dig under the fence that separates us, regardless of how we shore it up! He is a SUPERDIGGER!

But on the bright side, he is unbearably cute, and very attached to me - which is lovely, because we can't have a dog just yet, what with all the traveling & long work hours.

Look at this photo Roy6 - would you forgive him too, if he violated one of your gardens?!?!

kEkHB.jpg

In other news, my family & I are hoping to head up to our friends' cottage for the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. The leaves are already turning here in Ottawa, so I'm hoping that I can come back to you with some fabulous autumn photos (and RxC adventures of course)!

BLjQ5.jpg

I think your neighbor's dog is a shiba inu? That's the exact dog I am thinking of getting soon :)

My Roys and I stopped by the local denim shop (that only sells Nudie, G-Star, and Acne jeans), and the sales assistant told me that my Roys "have a great wash". I had to inform him that they were raw when I got them, and there is about 8-9 months of wear on them. Then I had to explain the enigma of ROY to him and his eyes just glazed over.

sorry for snitching your pm,Daniel,but i am still deeply shocked:

"you know what,Markus? i wasted over a year of my valuably lifetime playing Ghandi.and what do i get? not even a wet handshake! now its time to get the cash in! tomorrow i will have an interview at Third World Sucks Inc.,and believe me,my friend, those bastards will get it all back!"

doesnt pm stands for public message?

HAhahahaha, frighteningly close, my friend - frighteningly.

But seriously, I'm a firm believer that you can't be over-dressed for an interview. I'm hoping I walk in the door and they say "Okay Poindexter/Gordon Gekko, lose the tie and jacket or the interview ends here." We'll see!

Gonna go neurotically iron and re-iron a shirt now...

entertainment!- the end date is January 2nd, 2012. PaulT just wrote the date backwwards, as the Brits so often do. No wonder they lost the empire. Of course, in the USA we write the date properly, and still...

I think you'll find Paul T is correct. What you must remember is that the British actually invented time (plus all the peripheral stuff like dates, etc). Furthermore, this actually took place in Paul T's backyard - Greenwich, although rumours he was present at this particular eureka moment have not been substantiated.

Work has gotten quite interesting these few days. Off to a conference this morning:

pa050127.jpg

pa050121.jpg

Setting a good example...did you know Australia may soon overtake the US as the fattest nation on Earth? And we haven't even caught on to fried chocolate bars yet!

pa050120.jpg

pa050128.jpg

Anyway...

pa050139.jpg

pa050144.jpg

pa050134.jpg

pa050135.jpg

^ Cheers fardin, it was quite interesting, especially hearing the perspective of people who suffer from the illness and are now working academically in the field...a very different take from what is presented in textbooks, and a very challenging topic to say the least.

fades is fades mang...

you're kicking my ass, I just saw your fit the hidden coin pocket is showing through. friggin roy's need to be darned, mine just need to be worn... not getting dirty enough in that damned kitchen...:(

easy one. just queeze yourself in the dishwasher at hottest setting and you MIGHT have a chance.