ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

The roys and I did a little pointer chore coat collar altering today.

The process is typically, start with a beer. This night it was stella, but it is usually some newcastle or firestone.

001450x600.jpg

This be what it starts out looking. It was a bit big for my taste.

002600x450.jpg

Start ripping the seams. Good thing this is a chainstitch, because once the thread is busted in one spot the whole seam unravels. A lock stitch is much worse to rip apart.

005600x450.jpg

This is the collar after it has been removed and all the thread pulled from it. i need to cut it in half to do what I need to do with it.

009600x450.jpg

I shaped the collar and pinned the two halves together and am beginning to sew them together.

003600x450.jpg

Turning the collar. Basically folding it so the open seams are on the inside.

016600x450.jpg

Ironing it flat and getting it prepped to be sewn around the edge.

024600x450.jpg

Sewing around the edge of the collar.

058600x450.jpg

Pinning the collar to the collar stand.

079600x450.jpg

Sewing it on. Not too hard, but you need to watch out and make sure that when sewing it on the stitch holds both sides of the collar stand and the collar together. Many times the top portion of the collar stand will be sewn to the collar, but the back side of the stand will attached to the collar. I think I am giving it a bit of a dirty look. A part of the jacket got caught on the corner of the cabinet causing it to tug at the stitch.

093600x450.jpg

More in a few seconds.

Looking at the title of this thread, it occurred to me that the finishing date of this contest is ambiguous since conventions about writing dates are different around the world. So is the finishing date 2 January 2012 or February 1, 2012? Or is the date based on local custom for where the wearer lives, so those of us in the States get an extra month compared to the rest of the world?

Very nice work RNR - I have something slightly different in mind for mine! ;) Was too busy this weekend to do it, tho...

Entertainment - looking great! Mine tightened up after a wash too - good stuff!

Got out to Cirque du Soleil's "Totem" show over the weekend. It was killing me not to be able to take shots during the show, but security was too tight.

As always, it was visually stunning, with mind blowing physical feats. This show wasn't as cohesive as some of their other shows that I've seen, but very enjoyable nonetheless.

Some images from the grounds

6207459216_7743144ab8_z.jpg

6206946445_c0453517fc_z.jpg

6207461520_87dccc35f7_z.jpg

6206948933_13d419319c_z.jpg

6207458014_057b0b1125_z.jpg

Random weekend-wear shot (RxC, RW)

6206943017_23df61e092_z.jpg

We also got a chance to head out with friends, kids & the pups for a hike along the beach. Temps had really dropped and we pretty much had the place to ourselves.

6207448822_7ae4b68d14_z.jpg

6207447204_45aacc026a_z.jpg

The pups really come alive in cold weather & had a blast.

6207444138_1ed8e037dd_z.jpg

6206928653_c82581b4c1_z.jpg

So did the kids - there were enough fallen leaves to make for good fun!

6207450468_78ea0c7810_z.jpg

The wind was up, and we had a great view across the little bays, watching the waves & the white caps

6206931557_0c858a05e9_z.jpg

6206939227_1e5b9124f4_z.jpg

Caught the sunset past the marina, and the beach…

6206940869_a9be8f73c3_z.jpg

6207451996_da8f12787f_z.jpg

Hope you all had a good one!

Pointer collar looks good rnr, and congratulations on keeping your Roys crisp and new looking.............

Haha. Proper pics coming on the progress.

entertainment!- the end date is January 2nd, 2012. PaulT just wrote the date backwwards, as the Brits so often do. No wonder they lost the empire. Of course, in the USA we write the date properly, and still...

I washed the roys this past weekend, broke down and gave them a machine wash on warm delicate cycle, since the bathtub/hand soak wasn't really getting them clean lately.

6208931215_8caa32bcea_o.jpg

But:

6209446610_a11eb4e53c_o.jpg

No! Am I headed for a blowout? There are five spots where I can see my finger through the denim. Should I have this reenforced now?

You better just stop wearing them, man. I've noticed that my Roys don't really get clean anymore, either...

No! Am I headed for a blowout? There are five spots where I can see my finger through the denim. Should I have this reenforced now?

You better just stop wearing them, man. I've noticed that my Roys don't really get clean anymore, either...

this typical damage occurs when you scratch your balls too often.i expirienced the same,i did it a lot when being bored in the workshop.but since i work more hours in the store and my boss told me to stop it there,the holes didnt get any bigger.

entertainment!- the end date is January 2nd, 2012. PaulT just wrote the date backwwards, as the Brits so often do. No wonder they lost the empire. Of course, in the USA we write the date properly, and still...

I washed the roys this past weekend, broke down and gave them a machine wash on warm delicate cycle, since the bathtub/hand soak wasn't really getting them clean lately.

You machine washed 'em and they're still blue, how can that be?! :D

Jeans are looking great! I'd get those holes darned and the area reinforced soon.

6208931215_8caa32bcea_o.jpg

But:

Are you sure that is your finger you are seeing through the denim?

sorry for snitching your pm,Daniel,but i am still deeply shocked:

"you know what,Markus? i wasted over a year of my valuably lifetime playing Ghandi.and what do i get? not even a wet handshake! now its time to get the cash in! tomorrow i will have an interview at Third World Sucks Inc.,and believe me,my friend, those bastards will get it all back!"

doesnt pm stands for public message?