ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

very nice fit sweapea. they look really nice on you since you're athletic enough to pull them off without looking frumpy.

fixed for you... tall enough does not equal non frumpy cause im 5'11" and look frumpy as a big frumpy thing in mine

is a good fit though

adh92 has the best ROY style lately

roy6 so you always get dibs on seeing what new stuff he makes. what's the story with the shirt in that picture and also, i remember he made you a shirt a while back, how is that holding up? any word on what mr slaper has up his sleeve (or down his pants) next?

That shirt is mine, I brought it in for him to see how it's wearing, I've had it for about six months, but between some recent hot weather and vacation, it's had about four months of five-day-a-week wear and is holding up well. The natural indigo is fading in an interesting way and is developing a faint green tinge in places.

He's working on some indigo duck slacks for his next thing, the one's he's wearing in my shots is a prototype.

He also has been rethinking the prize for this contest, and may shortly have something new and interesting to propose as a prize in lieu of the boxers.

6184588482_fd5ddefc28_o.jpg

6184067829_f8937e2836_o.jpg

Sweapea - welcome! That's a great fit! Will come back for you after I spread! :) Nice to see Fardin back too!

ADH - superb shots!

The weekend was pretty laid back - washed the RxC, took our little girl to check out the hundreds of monarch butterflies that are about, walked the pups… Somehow it went by so fast! Some pics

Butterflies galore! Not even close to Zeen's magnificent shots!

6185923292_8a820af814_z.jpg

6185403839_e565114262_z.jpg

And even more caterpillars popping out!

6185934042_7c982be953_z.jpg

Old-timer, enjoying the day

6185413763_772cf233b8_z.jpg

Post-wash RxC - will take some better indoor shots when I get a moment…

6185418241_1d41105cb6_z.jpg

They didn't shrink in length, but happily did tighten up a bit - good thing as they had gotten really bagged out

6185409023_02329d4ede_b.jpg

Parting shot

6185924780_afb51ca59c_z.jpg

Hellooooo all! Well I finally made it: I'm back home (well, the closest thing I have to a home now at least) in Southern California. After 3.5 months of traveling on three continents it feels good to finally be sitting still. I obviously have a metric crap-load of photos from many adventures, but I wanted to check in and drop some post-wash photos on you all before I start delving into the travel-pics. I figure I'll try to pick out my few-post-worth of favorites from traveling and let you all have a peek. And then I'll get to catching up on the 40 pages of this thread I've missed. Sigh...

Aaaaaanyway. Here they are, after wash number three. Fit pics next time I have them on:

IMG_5407.JPG

IMG_5411.JPG

IMG_5408.JPG

IMG_5412.JPG

The combination of ROY's architectural prowess and the fact that these are far from nut-huggers means that they've experienced the least damage of any jeans I've had at the 8.5 month mark. Just starting to form a hole in the crotch and one on the back pocket from the corner of the notebook I carried all through travels. The most troubling, though, is the top buttonhole which is coming detached. Any ideas how to rectify this without just making the problem bigger? I seem to remember mikecch being confronted by this problem long ago.

IMG_5409.JPG

^Those look like the winners, dkatz!

Why don't you come up for a visit and ROY can patch them up while you're here. I could even take them over for you, I am sure it's highly unlikely I would loose them in a trash can somewhere or that they would accidentally fly out of my car window on the freeway.

^Those look like the winners, dkatz!

Why don't you come up for a visit and ROY can patch them up while you're here. I could even take them over for you, I am sure it's highly unlikely I would loose them in a trash can somewhere or that they would accidentally fly out of my car window on the freeway.

the more stylish way would be to carry them in that piggy wheelbarrow.i am still not sure if its made out of cheap pine or massive oak.(sorry Clopek).

Roy6... you're just trying to get me to take come visit and take my pants off, aren't you? Please, I know that one already - I wasn't born yesterday!

For real though, I'm hoping to pop up to SF in not too long, and I'd love to have ROY give 'em some TLC if he's willing!

Roy6... you're just trying to get me to take come visit and take my pants off, aren't you? Please, I know that one already - I wasn't born yesterday!

For real though, I'm hoping to pop up to SF in not too long, and I'd love to have ROY give 'em some TLC if he's willing!

not born yesterday? fuck,thats next level shit.(excuse my lame german sense of humor).

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome - I really appreciate it! :)

ADH - I too love your recent shots!

Sweapea - welcome! That's a great fit! Will come back for you after I spread! :) Nice to see Fardin back too!

ADH - superb shots!

6185403839_e565114262_z.jpg

Stunning shots as usual riff - I'm going to pm you with more photo questions! RxC are looking nice - that perfect shade of blue peeking through!

IMG_5411.JPG

dkatz - these are INSANE!!! Can hardly wait to see pics of your travels!

Welcome sweapea.

Nice stuff everyone.

dkatz, those look great

Spent some time way out east last week. Good times in rainy chilly Montauk

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

Contemplating if I should get in that freezing rough water

IMG_1226.jpg

Jumped in for a little bit. The jeans are much softer now.

IMG_1250.jpg

Kind of Blue Hands

IMG_1255.jpg

Windmills

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

Lighthouse

IMG_1426.jpg

Saw some surfers

IMG_1462.jpg

Roasted some marshmallows

IMG_1494.jpg

What! Why you presumptuous little... er, I mean YES! Yes I do just want to get those pants off of you, for reasons which of course have nothing to do with the pants, so you don't have to worry about it when I tuck them over here, on this low table- totally out of Gunther's reach of course! And we go into the other room.

What? No, of course not. Gunther is a very, very good Rottweiler and he would never do anything of the sort to your jeans. In fact, when you sent that bandana from Uganda I had him sniff it thoroughly and gave him a little bit of very specific training so that he would never, ever tear anything to jaggedly irrepairable shreds that smells even remotely like you.

Ha ha! No, he was not trying to tear off your rear pockets when you came in just now, he was just glad to see you, as am I.

Here, let me rub that for you so you can relax and not listen to the heart-breaking ripping noises coming from the other room. Gunther sometimes paws gently at the couch corner, nothing to worry about at all.

I would blow you too dkatz, but you are probably already spent from all the blowing already and need a little rest to reload.

Good work though. Any chance of some hardware macro pics? It looks like the black is starting to wear away on the top button.

Ah how I've missed the witty, snarky banter of this thread. What a warm welcome back, all. And my my my how these Gunther-skin pants are going to do just fine as ROYxCone substitutes!

rnr - I'll try to remember to get some hardware pics tomorrow. The black is definitely rubbing away.

I had a feeling that dkatz was going to blow us all out of the water. They look wonderful, man.

I'd like to echo the welcome, sweapea. They fit you great.

Now THIS...is what i call a comeback!

Damn D., these are fucking awesome!...well done mate ;)

Hellooooo all! Well I finally made it: I'm back home (well, the closest thing I have to a home now at least) in Southern California. After 3.5 months of traveling on three continents it feels good to finally be sitting still. I obviously have a metric crap-load of photos from many adventures, but I wanted to check in and drop some post-wash photos on you all before I start delving into the travel-pics. I figure I'll try to pick out my few-post-worth of favorites from traveling and let you all have a peek. And then I'll get to catching up on the 40 pages of this thread I've missed. Sigh...

Aaaaaanyway. Here they are, after wash number three. Fit pics next time I have them on:

IMG_5407.JPG

IMG_5411.JPG

IMG_5408.JPG

IMG_5412.JPG

The combination of ROY's architectural prowess and the fact that these are far from nut-huggers means that they've experienced the least damage of any jeans I've had at the 8.5 month mark. Just starting to form a hole in the crotch and one on the back pocket from the corner of the notebook I carried all through travels. The most troubling, though, is the top buttonhole which is coming detached. Any ideas how to rectify this without just making the problem bigger? I seem to remember mikecch being confronted by this problem long ago.

IMG_5409.JPG