ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

robbie- I'll PM you.

Here we are at 8 months, after the fourth hand wash and a couple days of wear. Home renovation work has slowed now that I've sold the old house. But, my good friend Bob did have me on an adventure the other day. I'll post photos when I can get them from him. My quest for vintage style fades continues...

06dcd269.jpg

2ef8bea5.jpg

i've been looking at this thread for a little while now(almost every page) and all i can say is wow. the jeans themselves area amazing. i absolutely love the cut, the crafts man-ship, the square back pockets are so great and the front are so aesthetically pleasing and functional to me. everyone wearing them are doing them a great justice. seeing the evo on some of your guys jeans is just impeccable and the modifications are a nice touch. i love the people taking these jeans into manual labor situations, really getting down and dirty with it. keep up the good work everyone.

I've never used a full on scythe, but I was once punished with having to cut/knock down grass with this knife thing you swung (like Cool Hand Luke). I am sure there is a proper name for it, I don't know.

Anyhow if you stick with that sctythe you'll be in better shape, with better fades than the lot of us.

I'll go ahead and second roy6's sentiments on feeling threatened .

I am gonna have to get busy if I stand any chance at winning those boxers.

My scything skills are unmatched, especially with a few beers in me.

My good friend Bob asked me to stop by his friends house last week to help him replace a few shingles on her roof. Little did I know what I was getting myself into...

You screwed that roof anchor into the ridge, right, Bob?

49772445.jpg

It was so steep that I had to dangle on the rope so I could use my hands.

5173d732.jpg

Just don't look down!

d066e330.jpg

OK, three more shingles to replace.

426de75b.jpg

I nearly peed in my Roys on this last bit. Would have made for a nice yellow patina.

2282ed95.jpg

Got down off the roof very carefully, and promptly drank two bottles of beer. Real fast.

I have been slacking due to being hammered with work. Hopefully I can post more soon. I love everything about these jeans except the low/short rise. Glad your recovering Almostnice!!! Roy6 jesus man killing it!. Paul, you sure you aren't a photographer?? Zissou man yours are looking great as well! Everyone awesome updates!!!

www.banditphotographer.com

RJU.png

Looking good zissou & eltopo!

The weekly catch-up…. Now that the little one is back to school, and the summer guests/family have gone home, we are back to more of a "routine" here.

We went to catch the last car meet. Lot's of goodies on display.

6152528617_b6af750a8e_z.jpg

6153075728_eaa027da64_z.jpg

6153076846_31914db41f_z.jpg

6152529659_a3a176662a_z.jpg

Because it was the final meet of the year, they had BBQ's & "entertainment". The entertainment was in the form of…. ELVIS! Three of them actually. Mercifully, I missed the first performance ;)

6152537503_1f6c426cbe_z.jpg

6153081268_0b54316237_z.jpg

Plenty of mullets in attendance!

6152535137_340685e818_z.jpg

It was all pretty meh……. Until "Marilyn" made an unexpected appearance. Assholes kept getting in the way of my shots! :P

6153078948_600551aef4_z.jpg

It was an amazing summer weather (and other-) -wise, and it's been a beautiful start to fall.

6153072366_abbdefe350_z.jpg

6153071106_8ec78afea3_z.jpg

We've been taking the pups to their usual haunts - long walks in parks & on the beach. So lucky to live close to places like this!

6149627967_df67866982_z.jpg

6153101344_01607e2e62_z.jpg

Not as crowded now, of course, and sorry Ranon - this post is SFW!

6152555359_dbc2169640_z.jpg

6153098354_9c6ddf125f_z.jpg

Out on the lake, seems like everyone is trying to get that last bit of sailing/boating in while the good weather lasts.

6153068606_4a9b67520e_z.jpg

6152525207_17669de28d_z.jpg

6139193670_7073e8798b_z.jpg

Our evening views!

6139066136_dabf9a2af2_z.jpg

Now I'm going to go finish loading the car. I'm heading off to do the last sportive of the season: 200 miles, with 22000ft of elevation gain! We start at 6AM tomorrow…..

Have a great weekend guys!

Looking good zissou & eltopo!

The weekly catch-up…. Now that the little one is back to school, and the summer guests/family have gone home, we are back to more of a "routine" here.

We went to catch the last car meet. Lot's of goodies on display.

6153076846_31914db41f_z.jpg

Damn riff...brings back old memories as my dad had to have one of these, just in blue-metallic...unfortunately i wasn`t allowed to drive back then :)

great post/ pics...

So as much as I hate to say this but my pair is off to a new owner. I loved the concept behind this contest but don't have time to properly give these jeans. I thought pomata might have sold his to her but I guess he found someone else to give them to. She, I hope, will be a much better participant that I have and hope see her in them soon.

Ooh, I think I know who it is!

Thanks, Heech. By the way, you guys shouldn't sell yourselves short! There's still a full third of the contest left. Markus, yours are looking as great as any of the contenders so far. Roy, send me enough of those Voodoo donuts, and my jeans won't fit anymore ;)

Just finished reading this:

2011-09-17038.jpg

I don't want to turn this thread into a book club, but I have always thought of William Gibson as a patron saint of Superfuture. One of the subplots involves a denim brand started by someone in a major American city who abandons her first career to start making jeans. They are only available if one is contacted by email. They have no branding except on the patch. Demand far exceeds supply. Sounds somewhat familiar. Though they are made of 20 oz denim.

I haven't been putting as much wear as I would like this summer because of the heat, but the weather has turned. Will post some pics of the jeans soon.

Just finished reading this:

2011-09-17038.jpg

I don't want to turn this thread into a book club, but I have always thought of William Gibson as a patron saint of Superfuture. One of the subplots involves a denim brand started by someone in a major American city who abandons her first career to start making jeans. They are only available if one is contacted by email. They have no branding except on the patch. Demand far exceeds supply. Sounds somewhat familiar. Though they are made of 20 oz denim.

I haven't been putting as much wear as I would like this summer because of the heat, but the weather has turned. Will post some pics of the jeans soon.

Would that be ms. Pollard? I've been wanting to pick this up- I'm a huge Gibson fan, but it seems every successive book packs a bit less punch than the last. If no one is being devoured by nanobots and chased be space-faring rastafarians while hanging from their fingers from a out-jutting hobo encampment plastered to the side of the Bay Bridge, I'm not really there.

Pattern recognition did have one of my favorite quotes of all time, where Pollard is describing the Tommy Hillfiger brand as a ""simulacra of simulacra of simulacra. A dilute tincture of Ralph Lauren, who had himself diluted the glory days of Brooks Brothers, who themselves had stepped on the product of Jermyn Street and Savile Row ... There must be some Tommy Hilfiger event horizon, beyond which it is impossible to be more derivative, more removed from the source, more devoid of soul."

Maybe RRL has gone beyond the TH event horizon? While I like some of their pieces, they all have a curiously flat, pupil-repelling quality, as if they don't entirely exist on this plane.

Would that be ms. Pollard? I've been wanting to pick this up- I'm a huge Gibson fan, but it seems every successive book packs a bit less punch than the last. If no one is being devoured by nanobots and chased be space-faring rastafarians while hanging from their fingers from a out-jutting hobo encampment plastered to the side of the Bay Bridge, I'm not really there.

I can't be the spoiler in a public forum!

I am afraid you will be disappointed if you read this one. Way too much plot.