ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

I suspect PaulTs pair may be the leader of the pack, I've caught a glimpse of them in other photos. Notice how he's not posting closeup pics, probably going to try to roll on everybody at the last minute.

I can attest from seeing Paul T's pair during our meet up in NYC that the wear was amazing.

I am not sure that I can say they were better than some of the other great pairs here, though.

PS Paul, I am still hoping to see that picture of the urinal at Old Town Bar.

almostnice Great to have you posting again.

Roy6, almostnice & cash - killing it with your posts!

Robbie, dr heech - denimz are looking good!

I've been out of town in meetings all week, and now we're enjoying the long weekend. Have some stuff to catch up on but will have to do it later....

A fit

de5d093e.jpg

The cause of my next big expenditure - not one I wanted :mad:

4d80bc54.jpg

my ROYs got left at home while i went to the end of season cyclocross race, gotta dress up for the event so i did

cheerss.jpg

thanks to bring it on i actually knew a cheer about pumping gas

hopefully someone got action shots of the whole event

Last days of the summer. I took the boy for a couple of nights' camping in southwold, which is norfolk (or maybe suffolk...), a low-lying area in the south east. mrs t had to work, so it was just the two of us in a small tent, then we went up to see my parents for a day

The campsite is set at the bottom of sand-dunes, to the south of the town.

Southwold.jpg

Wandering down the beach, we found an old plastic boomerang. Spent the usual amount of time throwing it at each other...

silhouette.jpg

Over the couple of days he worked on a new obsession, wargamng with lord of the rings figures. He's painted up a bunch of warriors, went in for a battle in norwich, the nearby town, and his evil warriors prevailed over the friendly, older kid who marshalled the opposing humans...

warhammer.jpg

Meanwhile I wandered around the town - there was a cool old-fashoined shoeshop, crammed with veldtchoen by Sargent, Cheaney and C&J.

shoes-1.jpg

IN the evenings we hung out in this excellent pub, the Lord Nelson (he came from this area I believe). I was drinking Adnams Broadside, and also their Pale Rider. I generally go for Pale ales, but the broadside was excellent, very toffee-ish...

lordnelson.jpg

beer-4.jpg

PLus more time hanging around the beach. Not too warm now though...

beachhuts-1.jpg

PT-1.jpg

Bacon for brekkie, with lovely cheapo american French's mustard

bacon.jpg

After an early start and a long drive, it was up to yorkshire to see my mum and dad.

A flying visit, but we got to do out favourie thing - hang out with my dad in his allotment. His is the most bounteous one there... he's not modest about it though, when Curtis asked us whose was the best allotment he answered "mine of course," then told us how one friend mentioned "if you don't get the prize for best patch this year there's something wrong with the system!"

cabbages.jpg

I love his shed.

shed.jpg

We had these yellow beans for dinner...

beans.jpg

And these...

raspberries.jpg

took the beetroot home

beetroot.jpg

WHen we collected the nippers' homsework book this summer he\d written an essay on "my favourite place." It was this allotment, with a description of the things they'd do. It made me happy, 'cos it's one of my special places too.

nipperandpops.jpg

my Roys are looking pretty good, I posted a close-up a fortnight ago! No, I reckon they're not as impressive as roy6's... but hey, I've got three weeks on him!

Sorry - been without the interweb for a few weeks, will have to catch up on this thread a bit more.

Having seen your roys in the flesh as well as on this thread, I can attest to their impressiveness.

:)

Yesterday the girlfriend and I went to my aunts house to help her can tomatoes. She purchased around 125 pounds to turn into sauce. It was an incredibly long process. The first step was to clean the tomatoes, quarter them, and then simmer them for a couple hours.

079eae7c04474e429ff74b9ca0e2d6c8_7.jpg

That might be 1/5th or 1/6th of the full 125 pounds on that stove.

After a long process of putting tomatoes through the machine and then putting the pulp back through the machine 3 times the situation looks something like this.

2e5032fa0700403a9dc08d599117feca_7.jpg

And here's your product.

e248c5ee957d40d48f12b40be29d45f1_7.jpg

Then you have to take the machine apart to clean it, because the more times you pass the pulp through the drier the crud gets and the machine starts to overheat and blahblahblah...

e1850c1d3592475d8ac00c5c95451530_7.jpg

Sorry for the terrible photo. My aunt moves fast.

So this process is extremely long and arduous, but we're nearing the end. Throw a shit ton of basil in a mason jar and then top with the tomato puree and a healthy dose of salt.

cdd540d377a54d10ba36cd54920d4b22_7.jpg

54f3a72a11b441a1bc7f03a6035054bb_7.jpg

Now repeat about 7 more times with the rest of the tomatoes sitting on the stove! It was a really astonishing process. My aunt thanked us for our help by giving us each a quart out of her haul.

Today we went to the farmers market. There was a cool solar powered Popsicle stand giving away Popsicles and these cool seed quarters. A bunch of interesting weird flavors too.

922d4d8f13524aefbc00d734f71b60f6_7.jpg

Girlfriend with a Popsicle haha. Hope Ed doesn't see hahah.

003a5031354c489e8acc451a9005da9d_7.jpg

d60cf3eeb2d740b9aa0030506d3bf6ba_7.jpg

b1ecd2478dd74f01a6a35c2a5f4b6308_7.jpg

Hope everyone is doing really great. I'm sorry that my updates have been far between lately. I'm finally settling into my new home, and getting over this hurricane mess.

I thought this deserved to be here as well. I feel like the ROYalist man alive!

009600x450.jpg

014600x450.jpg

Sigh... so far behind. Just wanted to give a quick shout, from back in the dirty UG. Month and a half in India was amazing, passed back through Uganda and now on my way out to Germany and Istanbul!

So mate, have you got my pm about your german-roadtrip? :)

Where are you heading exactly...Maybe we can work things out?

chop11.jpg

Took the ROYs up to an airport in the mountains. The airport hosts an annual "fly-in." Its something of a cruise in for pilots.

chop10.jpg

Everyone was showing off there planes and people were landing and taking off all morning.

chop9.jpg

Ultralight and a good shot of the back side of Mount Timpanogos.

chop8.jpg

A flying museum stopped by with a bunch of old planes.

chop7.jpg

chop6.jpg