ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

beautiful shots, riff. Banff always looks so pretty. The nature nerd in me was surprised that the bark beetle damage to the spruce/fir forest isn't nearly as bad as I expected.

And dkatz! Taj fucking Mahal! You win.

You are a better man than us, Gunga Katz. Well, Robbie has been burning it up, and Zissou, and Entertainment, and TG, and Riff, and Heech.... All right, I guess better than I.

Tend that spine Markus. I have been very boring lately because I have been covering most of the shifts of my co-worker. His back had been bad for some time and Labor and Industries didn't want to do anything about it. Then one day he screams and hits the concrete like someone shot him. The X-rays look like his spine is sticking its tongue out (twice) with a couple of discs squished out and pressing his nerves. After surgery, he's got feeling back in his legs, and is back working (non physical cash register stuff), but the summer is shot, and he'll never be 100% again.

sliced up me ROYs ready for refit

slice1.jpg

starting to show some age, and most of it is gonna get hidden now

slice2.jpg

maybe ill leave them like this for some indoor outdoor flow

slice3x.jpg

first pin in,,, might make slimmer through the calf and smaller hem measure still but not by much. am going to take them up as well, so long chain stitch, you never saw the light of day anyway

slice4.jpg

I have heard of this Pomata a long long time ago, he was a handsome man

did he abandon his ROY quest or is he operating in a parallel universe activated by someones stupid malfunctioning time machine?

speaking of time machine, can we go back in time and 'un-fuck' the economy please?

but keeping this on topic, great work Tg- Repped!

I think we should tax overpriced denim.

Looking good Dr House. TG - can hardly wait to see the end result!

Tend that spine Markus. I have been very boring lately because I have been covering most of the shifts of my co-worker. His back had been bad for some time and Labor and Industries didn't want to do anything about it. Then one day he screams and hits the concrete like someone shot him. The X-rays look like his spine is sticking its tongue out (twice) with a couple of discs squished out and pressing his nerves. After surgery, he's got feeling back in his legs, and is back working (non physical cash register stuff), but the summer is shot, and he'll never be 100% again.

I do an hour of core work each & every day cuz this shit scares me so much :(

I meant to do a six month update, but things got busy & I never got around to it. So here we are, at 7+ months. No washes yet....

e71ba3be.jpg

7a01bf67.jpg

6d7c0300.jpg

b983a25e.jpg

f5045fcd.jpg

b17ba025.jpg

12ba1b13.jpg

It's Census time in Australia!

scaled.php?server=89&filename=p8070084o.jpg&res=medium

Getting used to the neighbourhood - got a few interesting buildings and random street art:

scaled.php?server=594&filename=p8070077.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=696&filename=p8070079.jpg&res=medium

Hoping to do a zoomed out update within the next month...no where as much progress as some of you guys, but I have pretty sharp whiskering from sitting cross-legged :P

p8060073.jpg

6017175102_4d0c89d576_b.jpg6017179348_b4f108212c_z.jpg6016625899_35ca6391cd_z.jpg6017179856_ef813d8a2e_z.jpg6016630153_d7e4618485_z.jpg6016632385_60a097e578_z.jpg6017183210_7625b440f3_z.jpg6016629135_c511dc092e_z.jpg

Nice post's from all of you, I have been away for awhile. In the last six months we have had some odd animal encounters, a desert fox was hanging out with me last night, while I was looking for clothing. I put my hand out (like I had some food) the fox came within two feet from my hand.

Stunning shots Sansome - had to quote this one again.

6016625899_35ca6391cd_z.jpg
shots straight out of the "studio" are great looking my friend!

would be nice if you could pm me your setup at the "studio" thinking about working on sth.like this as well...thanks in advance! ;)

Thanks TF - pm sent :)

AWESOME STUFF AS USUAL SANSOME!!!! LOVE THE PHOTO LOOKING OUT OF THE MINE WITH THE TRACKS!

6017175102_4d0c89d576_b.jpg6017179348_b4f108212c_z.jpg6016625899_35ca6391cd_z.jpg6017179856_ef813d8a2e_z.jpg6016630153_d7e4618485_z.jpg6016632385_60a097e578_z.jpg6017183210_7625b440f3_z.jpg6016629135_c511dc092e_z.jpg

Nice post's from all of you, I have been away for awhile. In the last six months we have had some odd animal encounters, a desert fox was hanging out with me last night, while I was looking for clothing. I put my hand out (like I had some food) the fox came within two feet from my hand.

I do an hour of core work each & every day cuz this shit scares me so much :(

riff, you radiate health, vitality and fitness and I can relate to your fear...

Sansome, incredibly fantastic photos !

hope yours goes better than ours did... ours was cancelled due to mass displacements after the chch earthquake

Mmm, yeah, was a tragedy :(

On a lighter note, was tempted to put down my religion as Pastafarian...

Beautiful photos, Sansome! I hope you frame some of those and hang them on your walls.

TG- I found the photo of you wearing the unstitched Roys strangely exciting, but also a bit horrifying (for the jeans' sake, of course!).

I spent a day up on my good friend Bob's roof. He's also trying to put his older house on the market, but he has some smaller projects to finish up. Seeing as how I'm done with my house, I thought I'd lend him a hand.

He has this patch of roof that is 10ft x 24ft that was roofed in cedar shakes. They had really deteriorated with time, and he figured that they needed replacing. So, my Roys and I pulled out my old spading fork and had that roof ripped off in 35 minutes flat.

2f051edf.jpg

be31e20e.jpg

Once it was ripped off, we had to replace the tar paper and get started with the new cedar shingles. I'm not sure if you can tell, but the roof transitions into a glass roof of a hot tub room, so it was a bit of a challenge to get started on that first double course of shingles.

0b9af2e2.jpg

72ec486a.jpg

In the end, we completed the first six courses of shingles, on which we could stand while working our way up the roof. it was a lot nicer than facing down slope on the roof. All in a day's work!

12a768dd.jpg

Needless to say, after that job (and a month of teaching my class up in the mountains), I had to hang my Roys out to dry, and they smelled awfully ripe! So, they got their third hand wash today. I tried to photograph it, but you'll just have to believe me when I tell you that the water was NASTY by the end.

7e7de0bb.jpg

Had a little beach action yesterday. We went to my son's beach of choice, zuma in malibu. Beautiful day and unfortunately the ROYs had to come off.

004700x525.jpg

This smile never leaves his face at the beach. Non stop, dirty fun.

002700x525.jpg

The hillsides are littered with monstrosities for houses. Some are nice, but most are just ugly.

015700x525.jpg

016700x525.jpg