ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

getting them dirty before i alter them and wash them

have sprayed round mr's house while hes away( no territory marking)

now eradicating my gardens of months worth of weeds so i can get some veges growing again

olympusi.jpg

somehow my RAF hoody has become old gardening clothes

Been moving apartments...

Got a couple of new things to put on the wall:

p7230079.jpg

p7230072.jpg

The Cobb & Co. clock is especially interesting has a really old-school feel; hand-made locally with solid wood, life-time repairs too!

Used a bit of emu cream on the wood frame.

Had some spicy fish and crispy duck:

p7160076.jpg

p7160081.jpg

Jeans are due to a wash tomorrow...the new washer has a hold feature for the spin cycle, which will come in handy :P

I met with Almostnice near Bamberg to visit Levi Strauss' birthplace.

Best regards to you, he is well, but cut off all civilization and internet, so he won't be able to post much within the next three weeks.

dsc03385e.jpg

dsc03386k.jpg

dsc03387p.jpg

dsc03388y.jpg

dsc03389x.jpg

dsc03390l.jpg

dsc03391hr.jpg

dsc03392r.jpg

img2046ge.jpg

The featured denim was rather disappointing, some deadstock 40s plus some worn in 30 models. The denim Jackets, especially the Type I were pretty cool, though.

Thanks for posting that Max! Say hi to almostbetter for us!

Kayo - your new jacket looks great! :)

Looking good, riff. I'm always surprised again how slim they are (my pair as well). Nevertheless- what a great jean.

Thanks dr. house - they are actually pretty stretched out now, hoping a wash (when I get around to it) will tighten them up....

Our first (and only)week this summer with no guests, so it was pretty quiet. Playground stuff & a good dinner were the highlights

Kids wore me out

91374956.jpg

A cool summer evening meant dining outside, with a nice view

1a926b15.jpg

An assortment for dinner....

98945cbb.jpg

56684ff3.jpg

ffe26cb9.jpg

And something to wash it all down with... Too bad they ran out of the good stuff...

5a0c814a.jpg

Dessert was apple/blueberry crumble with french vanilla ice-cream mmmmmm

f09b9d81.jpg

We went inside to have a few more drinks when the mosquitos started buzzing us. Would have been a perfect evening, except I saw what will be the next generation of golfer :P

bb3d3faf.jpg

Post wash pics. Just in case y'all haven't realized this, but this denim is nuts. I fuckin love it. Just looks great all around.

005675x900.jpg

006900x675.jpg

009675x900.jpg

010675x900.jpg

013900x675.jpg

014900x675.jpg

015900x675.jpg

008900x675.jpg

you leave a camera in your left backpocket all the time? the denim is really starting to show some great potential after 7 months. great looking. i wonder how they will look at the end of the year or even after 2 years.

just curious, anybody has any plans about what they will be wearing after this is over? or are you guys gonna continue with these till they fall apart?

you leave a camera in your left backpocket all the time? the denim is really starting to show some great potential after 7 months. great looking. i wonder how they will look at the end of the year or even after 2 years.

just curious, anybody has any plans about what they will be wearing after this is over? or are you guys gonna continue with these till they fall apart?

I have had my heart set on a pair of Rising Sun Blacksmiths for some time. I think I will be going for those. I may also start on a pair of samurai LHT jeans I got sitting in my closet that still have the tags. i am planning on rolling with a couple pairs when the year is over.

Also, my back left pocket holds a coin purse that has some old Morgan dollars and a liberty 50 cent piece, along with various silver quarters and dimes I have found in change over the years.

im gonna continue with these till they match my skulls for patches and repairs

sunday ride

took the cannondale for a ride out to my dads, up hill all the way there, about an hours ride

grind1w.jpg

pool looked so inviting

grind2.jpg

but it was only 12 degrees so i dropped the camera in on a step instead

grind3d.jpg

me old dad helping me get rid of side rivets

grind4.jpg

grind5da.jpg

grind6.jpg

then rode home again in 18 minutes, not including time for stopping for a bacon sandwich on the way

back to work tomorrow

I think the best way to get at those is with some heavy duty wire cutters. That is how I have pulled apart a couple pair of jeans.

Also, I saw the same type of contraption in the background of one of Roy6's pics, but I think that was for whiskering and honeycombing his jeans.

I have had my heart set on a pair of Rising Sun Blacksmiths for some time. I think I will be going for those. I may also start on a pair of samurai LHT jeans I got sitting in my closet that still have the tags. i am planning on rolling with a couple pairs when the year is over.

Also, my back left pocket holds a coin purse that has some old Morgan dollars and a liberty 50 cent piece, along with various silver quarters and dimes I have found in change over the years.

sounds like you have already got your years ahead of you mapped out with the denim.

cool stuff you got in your backpockets. would love to see a pocket dump someday. for a moment it looked like a camera to me. would have been shocking to see that kind of fading come out from a camera. camera would have been beat to death.

I have some 555 '55s that I've been waiting to wear, and also want to put some wear on the LVC Pantaloons. But I think the RxC will continue as my work pants until they are in danger of falling apart.

Rnrswitch- amazing that the coins in your change purse haven't shifted at all. Should be a really interesting fade. Good looking jeans overall, in fact.

I have some 555 '55s that I've been waiting to wear, and also want to put some wear on the LVC Pantaloons. But I think the RxC will continue as my work pants until they are in danger of falling apart.

show off. those are nice.

i wished i picked up some of those loons on the LN-CC sale. they were dirt cheap! need some pantaloons too.

Very curious to see how they turned out tg76!

Slow Sunday...

p7310058.jpg

p7310083.jpg

p7310090g.jpg

p7310080.jpg

p7310079.jpg

Whiskering is heavier on the thigh on the left side, but more so near the top on the right - how curious!

A couple of rare curios are doing well (well, rare around my area :P):

p7300058.jpg

p7300056.jpg

Rnr - beautiful evo on your pair!

Tg76- you are braver than me going at yours

With a saw.

Dkatz - looking forward to the Taj Mahal & India

pics.

Riff- looks like tasty food.

I am on an iPhone, back in Nebraska. The wife and I spent the

last 4 days moving out and cleaning our old apartment and moving

Into a new one. Once were settled I will give y'all a tour of our

New place.

The RXCs and I just got back from vacation in Vermont.

Driving up the New York State Thruway, our thermometer kept reading between 98 and 100 degrees. We were sure it was broken until we found out that the temperature that day in Central Park had reached 104. Vermont is supposed to be a place to cool off in the summer, but the temperatures were in the 90s when we arrived. This is the main street.

Our first stop was Middlebury where my brother-in-law and his family are renting a house for the summer.

2011-07-31001-1.jpg

2011-07-31060.jpg

One great thing about Vermont is that rents are low and many businesses that would have failed elsewhere like this five and dime manage to hang on.

2011-07-31015.jpg

Unfortunately the house my brother-in-law is renting has three stories of glass facing west, so it was as hot as hell when we arrived. But it does offer beautiful views of the setting sun.

2011-07-31064.jpg

Middlebury was founded as a mill town in the 18th century due to the falls which offered excellent power to the water wheels.

2011-07-31028.jpg

2011-07-31012.jpg

One of the main uses of the power was to cut and shape the local marble.

2011-07-31018.jpg

The town has retained much of its character. Fortunately for its current prosperity, Middlebury College was founded there in 1800.

My niece says that the smell of Vermont is the smell of cow manure. I didn’t realize how true that was until we exited a restaurant on the main street after dinner even though there wasn’t a cow in sight. I don’t think there was even a cow within a mile of where we were.

The town square has a white Congregationalist Church with a tall steeple like many New England towns.

2011-07-31006.jpg

2011-07-31008.jpg

Finally got to read the paper before bed and found this review of Paul T’s book on the first page of the arts section of the NYT. A very positive review from that writer and his reviews usually get buried in the middle of the section.

2011-07-31210.jpg

Saturday morning, we went to the local farmer’s market. This seems to be a theme of many of my posts lately.

2011-07-31025.jpg

But this farmer’s market was better than most since it had a tasting of rye whiskey called Whistle Pig. We arrived at the market just after it opened at 9:00. I am pretty sure I was the first person to partake. (That is not me in the shorts.)

2011-07-31027.jpg

It was good, but at $66 a bottle, way too pricey to make a purchase. Although it was touted as a local product, every part of the production up to bottling took place in Canada, though the plans are to move all parts of the production to Vermont in the near future.

2011-07-31026.jpg

Next stop an open air museum called the Shelburne Museum, just south of Vermont’s biggest city, Burlington (population 42,417 per the 2010 census). Many of the buildings were moved here from elsewhere in Vermont. This is a round barn from eastern Vermont.

2011-07-31045.jpg

This is a light house.

2011-07-31032.jpg

Some of the buildings house collections of art including a collection of folk art and a collection of Impressionist paintings. The paintings include three excellent Manets, a Courbet, several Degas pastels and a bunch of Monets—examples that any museum would covet. The founder was a Havemeyer, the family that donated many of the Impressionist paintings at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. This building contains rooms which recreate the Manhattan apartment of the donor for the display of the paintings, though the sequence of rooms was rearranged to fit a house. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get any good pictures of the paintings since no flash photography was allowed.

2011-07-31058.jpg

There is an old railroad station and a steam locomotive and a private rail passenger car, but I was most intrigued by this pedal powered rail vehicle which I wanted to throw in the back of our car and bring home.

2011-07-31053.jpg

2011-07-31054.jpg

There were also free carousel rides.

2011-07-31046.jpg

And an amazing garden with seventy-five different varieties of day lilies all in bloom including this double variety. I thought of you roy6.

2011-07-31051.jpg

But the most exciting exhibit for me was the paddle wheel steamer carried over land two miles from Lake Champlain as the centerpiece of the museum.

2011-07-31031.jpg

2011-07-31033.jpg

The interior was quite posh.

2011-07-31037.jpg

2011-07-31034.jpg

2011-07-31040.jpg

The temperature was in the nineties, but a nice breeze was blowing here so we sat for a while.

2011-07-31039.jpg

Then braved the top level to see the helm.

2011-07-31041.jpg

2011-07-31042.jpg

This is the token picture of me in my RXCs. I wished I had worn shorts.

2011-07-31044.jpg