ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

best thread on sufu

Robbie you still in central Nebraska?

if so where that you eating up in those pics?

I am actually in Tulsa, OK for the summer. The restaurant is called Keo.

BUT, if you are looking for good Thai food in central NE, there is a really good place in Kearney near the college.

Paul- you're a machine

Cash- nice update. Sorry to hear you've been going through a rough time, and thanks again for that beer. Glad things are better and you're posting.

I'll be editing the pics from the self edge party tomorrow and post pics after. Our own roy6 and sansome were there.

Cash - awesome! My wife and I both used to do a fair bit of ultra running, mostly locally, and in the northeast US. Always dreamed about doing the Western States, but these days don't have the time to put in those training miles!

Mike... Another glorious food post!

Just a mini-update… Had a fun week - despite the thunderstormy weather. Everyone's in a summer holiday frame of mind, and a few of us from the office took a bunch of clients out. The RxC stayed dry on shore….

9a1ca77b.jpg

While we did this….

03d3cbd4.jpg

Afterwards, it was a short walk to another area of the beach to try some sports photography….

dot dot dot

e8603ea4.jpg

dfa3902d.jpg

I think I need a lot more practice at this :D Still a long, hot summer ahead ;)

Cash - awesome! My wife and I both used to do a fair bit of ultra running, mostly locally, and in the northeast US. Always dreamed about doing the Western States, but these days don't have the time to put in those training miles!

Don't get the wrong idea about my running prowess. You may be part of GIRA, I'm part of DBIRA (Dirt Bag International Running Association). I don't take any of it seriously enough. I show up hungover. However, genetically I was made to run at a medium speed for a long, long period of time. I've really wasted a god-given talent by not dropping 10 percent of my body weight and actually doing a bit more precise training than just running 'til I'm bored and then drinking a beer.

(I owe you some rep for the volleyball photos).

After all that work, I had to head to the general store for some more Fels Naptha to wash my Roys.

7a66bff8.jpg

When I was a kid, my mother always threatened to wash my mouth out with Fels Naptha if I used inappropriate language. Not sure if she ever followed up on the threat, but the brown color was definitely a deterrent.

The ROYs in action.

Today I fucked around and got a triple double. Freakin muthafuckas like MJ... I gotta say it was a good day.

Actually this is from a few weeks ago. I recently busted my knee crossing fools up, so I am outta commission right now.

Also, I don't recommend playing ball in the Roy boots. This is just for some backyard shoot around, but them fuckers are heavy.

012small.jpg

013small.jpg

014small.jpg

Little dude is on the side shootin hoops on his joint.

Anytime you quote cube it kinda just comes out "ghetto" and anything that follows.

BTW, I don't really know what ghetto talk is (although I know what you are talking about). I have friends that talk that way that don't live anywhere near the ghetto and I have friends from the ghetto that don't talk that way at all. Hmmm.

Charlie, those pants are progressing nicely!

Just had a fun night - author talk and Q&A, plus a Bowie tribute act.

I've honed my act. Last time, in Scotland, I made about 6 jokes and got two laughs. THis time, I made around 10 jokes and got at least 5 laughs. That's a 250% increase in productivity. The one about Bowie and Marc Bolan's penis size got the best reception...

It was part of the Earls Court literary festival, out in london. THe club had several smaller rooms, one of whihc was showing Labyrinth on a loop...

labyrinth.jpg

A decent turnout, not as many as Scotland but hey, there's more competition in London. Around 60 people with nothing better to do than listen to me blah... what a shock!

audience-1.jpg

And afterwards a tribute act called Let's Bowie. THey are based on 90s Bowie, covering old Bowie. If that makes sense. THey were sweeties.THe singer had a good 90s Bowie wig...

band1.jpg

band2.jpg

It was great, once my work was done, to hang out, just one beer, and finally chill a bit.

missGs.jpg

Finally, a cab all the way home. He went an interesting route... over the river at Lambeth - you can't see the Houses of Parliament, but you can see the London Eye and other buildings.

river.jpg

And then back thru South London - much of it along the Old Kent Road, always one of the more interesting gritty places, where traditionally they had lots of far-right pubs, gangster hangouts and boxing joints - and now it's all African food, and hair salons.

barbers.jpg

Leonesalon.jpg

I especially liked this high-tech satellite installation shopfront...

skyinstallation.jpg

I think I just must not be as tough as the rest of you. I was going to try and hold out on another hand wash until after Independence day, but this heat has just done me in. It was 103 this afternoon, but closer to 111 with humidity and heat index. I soldiered on in the Roys as much as I could today but in the end couldn't handle the funk anymore , so i caved and gave them a nice bath in dr bronners and a rinse.

edit - nice update Paul looks like a fun time.

Yeah Heech those are looking good, I like the traintracks coming in.

Paul T super cool to see all over London.

I wore my Roys for officially one week today so I decided to give em a wash with a little bit of soap in a tub. I always tell myself to hold off more in between washings but I usually end up doing it once a month. With these I might wash em more often as it seems no one really has washed theirs more than 3 times.

picsay-1309227471.jpg

Here's my monthly update, my roys teamed up with my Lee Westerner -

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

Did you post two crotch shots just for automatic pos rep from Roy6? That's cheatin.

Looking good Riff, ThisSunday.

Here's my monthly update, my roys teamed up with my Lee Westerner -

IMG_1799.jpg

Lees ROYs That's French for the king of outfits, yes?

Man, this thread is full of win!! :)

Great to see you rocking the RxC nottootight!!

Dr_Heech, they're looking great! Methinks you are still sneaking them to work ;)

Damn Paul - you're a celebrity! So….. Groupies?? ;)

Roy6 - you've outdone yourself! Great pics! And what a contrast in atmosphere with ThisSunday's activities!

ThisSunday, that shot of you wearing the smoking jacket (in the wayjdt thread) -amazing fit - should have gotten it!! Gotta get you both when I recharge!

Well, my update today is G-rated, just so you know.. :P

Catching up on the weekend stuff. We were staying at my uncle's place - he's got land in the Niagara region. So of course, we had to check out the falls.

We ended up walking out onto the Rainbow Bridge, and the view was really something.

0492ac02.jpg

It was a long way down - not for the acrophobic, for sure. I was actually pretty surprised that the railing was so low - great for photography & base jumping!

c67633c0.jpg

Upon returning to the border crossing, the customs officials told us that they get a lot of "jumpers", to which my little girl commented "Yeah! Base jumping is so cool!"

His reply was "I'm afraid these jumpers never come back." :eek:

Man. They sure manage to keep it out of the news pretty well.

Then into town to hit up every kid's favourite place!

1ed605c3.jpg

The chocolate covered strawberries were amazing

5bf76896.jpg

BTW - she is wearing blue nail polish to celebrate getting her blue belt in karate!!

We passed through the botanical gardens for some shots

9f406968.jpg

Then headed over to a playground. There was no one there, and the pups wanted to try new things! ;)

The little guy wants to do anything our daughter does - such trust!

d004b6be.jpg

cee6da0f.jpg

He even graduated to the big slide!

1519fbba.jpg

The big guy was content to observe - his longer legs made sliding harder for him!

c5774d0b.jpg

On our drive home, it alternated between thunder/lightning, and the sun peeking out. We stopped at Jordan Harbour for some shots.

09163715.jpg

As we were getting ready to leave, there was another break in the rain, and I got out of the car to take this final shot.

bb18a7f4.jpg