ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Exactly. The cops will search anyone they want, especially if you "fit the description"

And sadly they have the full backing of the Supreme Court to do so. Look up Terry v. Ohio, where this line of thinking first gets affirmed in regards to a "stop and frisk" on the street, and it eventually gets extended to searches during traffic stops and more (and yes, Wikipedia is pretty accurate on this particular case if you feel like a lazy look).

And Rnr, I don't even want to think about the horrible directions that Arizona law could take us in.

Sorry Cash, it probably feels like we are all ganging up on you. A bunch of city slicking sissy la-las.

About the knife. I would carry one if I had a nice one and the space in my pockets. I find they would come in handy sometimes, like when I want to mug an old lady or something.

From what I gather, it is legal to carry a blade as long as it is under a certain length.

Also, for coolness factor I would love to be able to carry a switchblade, but those babies are illegal in general I believe, but that didn't stop me from ordering some. I have been eying some of those Laguiole knives. I have always wanted one but never sacked up and bought one.

My Roys and I spent the day reading at the library...

imageweb.jpg

WAYWT Texture Edition

Cone denim

imageoqu.jpg

Donegal Tweed

imageeju.jpg

Midnight twill

imagekbt.jpg

We're back to winter here.

imagevfv.jpg

And then back home to shovel the snow. (something is very wrong with the colors in this photo)

imagexmh.jpg

Thanks, man. That 16oz midnight twill fades pretty quickly. It probably has ~40 days of wear on it, and that's not even entire days.

Sorry Cash, it probably feels like we are all ganging up on you. A bunch of city slicking sissy la-las.

Don't feel that way at all. I think everyone agrees with what I posted. I see the police as an extension of a governments attempt to control the population. In terms of warrant-less search and seizure, a gerneral policy against it is in the populations best interest.

You should all come to San Francisco if you want an absent police presence. You can drive your Land Rover right through a red light while texting, fussing over your baby in the back seat, re-arranging your blond pony-tail to fit through the back of your mom-on-the-go North Face ball cap, and castigating your maid and the police won't even blink. I'm sure you could even hold a small, tasteful Victorinox paring knife to Griselda's throat at the same time and they would take no notice.

I've heard about this "racial profiling" business before, but I've never seen it here. Must be something that happens to people who are too dumb to drive a BMW.

Election day. 2pm. So far only one dead and 12 injured (scuffle between supporters of ruling and main opposition parties; police intervened w/ live rounds from Kalishnakovs) in Sironko, out East.

But no worries needed here, these ROYxCones are laying on the couch being serenaded by a québécois on a guitar after a rousing round of East African mancala while Dutch meatballs are being prepped in the kitchen and beers are being cracked to follow the screwdrivers and wine spritzers of the morning. Rough. Thinking about doing some poll-observation in a couple hours when polls start closing.

More pics to come soon from our recent trip out to the middle of nowhere

IMG_3805.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

Lookin good guys. What is eltopo holding? Ice cream cone?

(Where I live it's legal for any non-felon over 18 to carry a firearm withing two steps of firing as long as it is in plain view. With a permit you can carry fully loaded -- concealed or open. Crazy, huh?)

Completely legal to open carry without a permit in PA too. Which makes sense to me though... if it's legal for you to own it, shouldn't it be legal to carry it? I usually only open carry in the summer when working in the yard or taking the dog for a run in the woods.

In new orleans no one carries a knife. Everyone has guns, no permits, and they carry them all the time. The kids even have guns. If you see a group of 12 year old playing football on the street you can safely suspect at least a few of them to be strapped. I hear gun shots almost everyday. Hooray for the Murder Capital of the USA!

Completely legal to open carry without a permit in PA too. Which makes sense to me though... if it's legal for you to own it, shouldn't it be legal to carry it? I usually only open carry in the summer when working in the yard or taking the dog for a run in the woods.

do you live in a rough area that need to pack when raking the yard?

do you live in a rough area that need to pack when raking the yard?

Nope. I do live in a rural setting though where sick or rabid animals aren't unheard of, and people have a habit of abandoning unwanted dogs. Any of these are a potential threat to my dog. He's a gentle boy, and if a wild animal or aggressive dog tore into him, he wouldn't know what to do. It's my job to keep him safe.

What the ROYxCone have been up to the last two weeks.

horse.jpg

Stopped to get some gas while visiting a printing facility in the 'burbs. A horse was lost and running through a grocery store parking lot.

bhm10-huey-newton.jpg

Had some beers and watched a basketball game (turns out it was Jerry Sloan's last home win).

datsun.jpg

One of my all-time favorite cars. Original paint.

toy.jpg

Went to my folks for dinner. My dad broke out some toys from his youth. He never set this up when were kids, but did it for the grandkids. The castle is all aluminum.

rivit_fade.jpg

Hidden-fifth-pocket rivet fade.

Some more.

Valentine_2011.jpg

Party at the kid's preschool. Western themed with award for best costume. You might all want to worry, as I won the adult-male category.

RED.jpg

The non-profit my wife works for was the recipient of an annual rave-like fundraiser party thrown by a local group of "burners."

EDC.jpg

In the spirit of full disclosure, the Leatherman is usually in my bag or jacket. That pen is usually reserved for more dressy occasions and, for whatever reason, I grabbed that instead of one of my more casual pens.

Roy4_2.jpg

Male pattern baldness x 2

Pendelton

RxC

Hiking boots

no Roys in the pic,but today that Mr.Freedom/GAP tee from Paul arrived.parcel was overdue and we blamed Royal Mail as usual.worked out that Paul isnt able to copy 5 numbers of a postcode in chronological order from a Paypal invoice.:eek:

anyway,included was also a grrreat western shirt for little Miss Nice,excellent stuff Paul,cheers for that!

5456713164_4bd31f2b45_z.jpg

today we switched roles,so it was her part to do the grumpy face.

no Roys in the pic,but today that Mr.Freedom/GAP tee from Paul arrived.parcel was overdue and we blamed Royal Mail as usual.worked out that Paul isnt able to copy 5 numbers of a postcode in chronological order from a Paypal invoice.:eek:

anyway,included was also a grrreat western shirt for little Miss Nice,excellent stuff Paul,cheers for that!

5456713164_4bd31f2b45_z.jpg

today we switched roles,so it was her part to do the grumpy face.

Is that a lofgren flannel?

yes.10 points to Chris!

Nice, I think that puts me in the lead. Maybe we can have a contest and you guys post WAYWT pics with no description and I can tell you what you guys are wearing.