ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Yeah, this denim is very stiff and I think once mine relax I will feel a lot more comfortable. It is such a change to go from the Elfelts to these. I wore much slimmer cuts previous to the elfelts so it is mostly in my mind.

I should be working but I keep staring at these jeans.

where is your fitpic farhad?

Some preliminary iPhone pics. will do these justice soon with the real camera.

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

I think I might need another soak as well. I would have been better off if I would have stuck to my original size of 32, but it's cool to have a roomier pair of jeans. They have stretched a little since these pics were taken but as long as they don't stretch too much I'm totally cool. Still an inch off in the waist. I did a hot soak with the hottest tap H2O already. maybe another one will do the trick. It just don't want them to be too short.

Farhad, that fit looks great. Another soak probably won't get you much closer to where you want, just roll with em. They seriously look good.

Thanks guys. Yeah I like the fit as well. I think I'll hold off on the 2nd wash unless they stretch too much. based on what I read on Ralph's interview, this denim doesn't stretch that much so I should be all good.

These are super comfortable as well. I love the pockets. great design.

Zissou- I lost about 3 1/2-4 inches in length. went from 37 to 33ish. Your fit is what I wanted BTW. a little snug in the waist to allow for stretching and not too tight in the leg.

Well, if you lost that much length in the first soak, I'd be surprised if you lost much more in the second soak. If you had access to a tub, you could do a second soak with them laid flat and monitor with a tape measure. Or at least just soak the top half of them again.

I don't think your fit is too far off from mine, though. My jeans are nowhere near snug in the leg. My cuffed inseam is probably about 33.5", so they may look slimmer just because they are longer.

Geez, Farhad, those look like complete crap. Grossly over-sized and yet somehow you still manage to have camel toe and girl-but. I can barely see your boots over the flash-dance leggings-like swathes of the oversized cuffs. Also, mad hip flare and premature knee-bulge. Furthermore, I can clearly see washer lines in the denim from here.

Didn't you put any thought at all into your sizing and soak procedure?

Damn, get it together, man.

LITS, my actual waist size is 33 as measured as ROY indicated. In Mister Freedoms, who seem to have pretty good sizing, I take a 33. LVC is too ertatic for the tagged size to have any relevence, but I used to wear a 32 (or 31 for a tight fit) in Levi STFs.

^ Lol! Farhad - the fit is cool - and if you want it, they will shrink more…

I have to say, I love these Roys! When I put them on raw, they looked like clown pants - but the same thing happened with my original Roys, so I wasn't too fazed.

I put them in the washing machine & ran them through 2 super hot cycles, with no spin. Then hung to dry. Like my OG pair, they shrank down a ton.

Awesome to see everyones fits - all so different but so good. Will be great when all the guys (and gal!) get 'em and start posting up pics!

Never too early for a Roy update, right? New Year with the Roys!

So we had family & friends staying over all through Christmas & New Years. We wrapped up the partying at about 3 am Saturday, and it was nasty to get up a 6 to drive up north. A bunch of us - families & all - went to a buddy's large chalet, where we left the wives/kids/dogs/cats - and then we headed out for a few days of winter camping/backpacking! :)

The Roys came along for the fun, of course! :D

ca1948da.jpg

Not the boxers, though! They were replaced by Icebreaker woolies - it was cold!

There was a shit-ton of snow, and we planned a 30km loop over three days. I just took an old point-and-shoot with me, whose battery died sometime on Sunday, but here are what pics I got.

Great scenery

f5bf7215.jpg

Lunch break

a2cdeb50.jpg

We spotted this prickly little guy feasting on bark:

6b089889.jpg

Our first campsite - by a scenic lake

56b8f725.jpg

The motley crew

e7dc5ba8.jpg

Staying warm - fire and flasks!

70928297.jpg

Mmmmm… re-hydrated pasta & meat sauce! Gotta say - these freeze-dried foods have been getting better & better!

f2868738.jpg

We all had a good laugh, cuz almost all our cell phones starting ringing that evening - the gals' version of a panty-raid I guess! :P

Damn - there had been no reception up here for years. Nowhere to hide now :(

So I surfed sufu and did emails!

My bunkmate snapped a shot of me refusing to wake up in the morning. Frost rimed the opening of our sleeping bags

314dc915.jpg

It also coated the roof of the tent, covering my buddy's glasses in tiny icicles!

d38c330b.jpg

Cooking up breakfast just outside of the vestibule of the tent. Our gear is airing out!

25578d5b.jpg

Yours truly - lots of frost building up on my neck gaiter!

5a1d76a6.jpg

This morning, when we got back to where we left the cars, one of my buddies snapped a shot of this character. He was just politely hanging around - looking for a handout I guess.

58226e77.jpg

Had a ripping good time, though we were hungry as bears by the time we got back to the chalet.

The Roys survived nicely, and they weren't as uncomfortable under my shell bibs as I had feared. I gave them an ironing just now when we got home.

"Civilization" fit (mad wind/sun/cold burn!):

bef8ab6b.jpg

Great way to start the year!

Cheers!

^First epic Roy trip of the thread. Looks like a great time, riff! :)

Similarly, my actual waist size seems to be about 33-34". I wear between 31W (KMW 1950, Chimala) and 32W (MFSC, but required a lot of stretching). I ordered a 33" from Roy, and with the waist and rise shrinkage, I think they came out just right.

Oh right, I meant to say that I ordered 33s from ROY and they shrank to exactly that, probably will stretch out and then end up around 32.5 at first wash?

Really, everybody's looks great. Mike's vintage fit is going to be interesting, since he's the only one that has it yet. I thought, rnr, that you downsized? But your ROY's look looser than mine. What up?

riff- what is the cardigan? Nice.

Would be pretty good if someone could produce a large image consisting of individual pictures (of roughly similar size/dimension) of all contestants - a kind of line up if you like. And then again at specific poiints of the contest.

I cannot wait to see these fits in a few weeks when they settle. Shit looks a mess ATM...

Don't be jealous!

Oh and I got another hotel bathroom fit pic for you alls, this time in NO finally.

166435_10150156286616562_728176561_8235103_3138574_n.jpg

I actually just wanted to see if I could get a pic off my phone thru the internet since ive never had a nice phone before, now i wish SuFu had an app..

I guess these Buckle-up Bitches do look pretty slim on me, proper waywt with the Roys soon .