ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

I think most stateside folks should be getting there jeans today.

We should all be able to give these guys an initial soak prior to the Jan 1st start date so that we can make sure they fit and if they don't fit, pass them on to some other folks that wanted in on this.

Sizing anxiety just hit.

Did yours arrive today? I'm guessing mine will show up tomorrow...

Maybe the list of folks in the contest could be updated with whether or not their jeans fit after a soak? If they don't fit, the waist and inseam could be listed in case there is someone else on the list who also has jeans that don't fit and would possibly wear them. Did I just make sense?

Edit: then again, I tend to over think this kind of stuff...

I'm gonna make an executive decision and allow people to soak before the start date. On your honor bitches!

I'm not worried. My jeans are pretty big pre soak. Detailing is pretty awesome. I hope they will be good after a soak.

Speaking of, are we allowed to soak these yet BTW?

Good. I'm not worried for me, if they're too big I'll hitch in my belt, I'm just worried if I've advised anyone wrong. But, hey, what's an inch here or there in the long term??

I'm talking delivery of Dr Heech's, I just hope they arrive before his trip to the Antipodes.

Re soaking. I say, why the hell not?

I feel like cutting out of work to go get mine. I assume they are there.

Sorry Farhad, I did reply immediately but had a server problem.

THey will feel big unwashed - I would expect a clear two inches of shrinking in the waist from these - according to Cone, because they're completely loomstate, you'll get a little more shrinking than with some LVC. If you need more thatn two inches, either soak them hot, or give them a hot wash without soap. I got some LVC 44 cheap, they were made oversized and I need three inches of shrinkage - I washed them at 95 degrees (no soap, no spin) and got at least 2 1/2 inches of shrink and no denim loss - in fact, they got darker, as the warp threads filled out.

haha, that's a great patch! I am guessing that it's on the inside of the back yoke? Also, looks like the yoke denim is horizontal?

not going out in sub tropical storm to check mail not going out in sub tropical storm to check mail not going out in sub tropical storm to check mail not going out in sub tropical storm to check mail not going out in sub tropical storm to check mail not going out in sub tropical storm to check mail not going out in sub tropical storm to check mail not going out in sub tropical storm to check mail not going out in sub tropical storm to check mail not going out in sub tropical storm to check mail not going out in sub tropical storm to check mail not going out in sub tropical storm to check mail

Holy crap mine came in earlier today but I couldn't post about it till now! LOL time to try them on, measure, etc. but let me just say that these are every bit as much worth it as anyone could have hoped for!

I have a feeling these will fit PERFECTLY after a hot soak...I'm in love I can't wait til we can post pictures, etc!

EDIT 2: Can't get enough of the details on these....love the fabric, pocket bags, everything! Not to mention, the most detailed/ridiculous boxers I've ever had lol

EDIT 3: top block raw reminds me of my SUO Sugarcane 1966's....measurements in a sec! Denim itself is streaky, very grey (can't wait to see it darken up after a soak!) and the plain selvage is perfect! A lot of the stitching is vintage-esque (small thread size for the waist band reminds me of the 1001XX 15th Anniversary Warehouse!), V-stitch, hammered rivets (?), and the very pockets I've been waiting for (won't spoil things too much)...

Asked for a size 32:

Waist: 32

Front: 11.25

Back: 13.8

Thigh (BiG): 12.5 (might be off)

Knee: 9 and 2mm

Inseam: 33.5 (wanted to shrink to 31)

LO: 8.75

I can't get enough! If you ain't hyped, get HYPED! There's no way in hell I'm letting these go no matter what they end up post soak, I'm keeping/wearing baby! haha

Last EDIT: Contemplating soaking tomorrow so I can get better raw pictures but it's definitely going to be a difficult wait...

haha, that's a great patch! I am guessing that it's on the inside of the back yoke? Also, looks like the yoke denim is horizontal?

Yes, isn't it?

The yoke is normal construction, in that the denim is laid sideways, like his previous jeans.

ROY sent me some photos which he asked me not to post till later, so we don't spoil the surprise, but I have no idea about the cut. His own pair look straight and reasonably trim. I'm happy to hear any mindless speculation. FIngers crossed for everyone on the sizing.