ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

^^ ROY does not condone discrimination!!! Or shouldn't...

But yea I'm at the hospital at the moment (I'm a student) standing next to a guy getting his colonoscopy done and I'm on my iPhone constantly checking sufu. And I think I'm more anxious than the patients.

^^ ROY does not condone discrimination!!! Or shouldn't...

But yea I'm at the hospital at the moment (I'm a student) standing next to a guy getting his colonoscopy done and I'm on my iPhone constantly checking sufu. And I think I'm more anxious than the patients.

Paulduke,

Forget the patients and show a little patience :)

just got a new camera body about a month ago (d700), will be buying a new lens closer to june, and would wear these pants every day for the entirety of the contest (0) with a 365 style, photo documentation process, and possible sidlo type video at the end. Not to try and improve my chances or anything....

^^^hah! Can't help it. I woke up 6am this morning and the 1st thing I did was a quick sufu message check. I never thought I'd get this excited over a pair of jeans. I'm kicking myself for not finding this thread until late last night. I usually check superdenim page for unsubscribed threads but I've been so damn busy lately. I hope I didn't miss the cut by just couple of hours.

I hope you take activity and past contributions into account. Would hate to see someone like Slab left out, and some newer person who'll dissapear in a couple months get in.

Thanks for the advice.

Most of those who are in are people with a lot of postings, the kind of poeple we can rely on to contribute. We are trying to get anyone who's not going to wear them extensively to back out. But we are trying also to have the odd new person, so it's not all the same old faces.

I'm in town between meetings - but a quick apology, I cleared two pages of space in my PMs but it appears that wasn't enough.

THanks for all your emails. As we suggested at the outset, it's looking very tight indeed, so some people are going to be disappointed. Will update around 4pm UK time.

just got a new camera body about a month ago (d700), will be buying a new lens closer to june, and would wear these pants every day for the entirety of the contest (0) with a 365 style, photo documentation process, and possible sidlo type video at the end. Not to try and improve my chances or anything....

Dammit you stole my idea man!! I think we're all anxious about this...the jeansare beautiful...

Well if we r all gonna make a public case for ourselves, I declare that I'm gonna use the MRI machine to daily document internal fades....

Today I new something was different. A paradigm had shifted. Logging into my trusty textophonic device, there it was... nirvanna in blue... Suddenly a a noise, a rising tone, a scintillation if you will... like a fifty foot toad lowly voicing a name. Thus spake ROYathustra! And things were suddenly better.

Dang, it's even the style I would have voted for if there was a vote.

Before the mad rush of sizing questions ensues (although I have faith in the folks participating), any chance Roy could let us know how much stretching he's had on his pair? I usually size jeans at 33" post shrinking, expecting an inch of stretch.

Cash- we'll have to do a Utah chapter mini-meet.

If you've PM'd me, or the others, in the last six hours I'm afraid it's too late. Only the first half dozen people to PM, or others who've contacted us in the runup, look to be in with a chance as far as I can tell.

We will try and allocate the last few slots as best we can, if you're in you'll be informed 6pm West Coast time.

fastest growing thread on superdenim?!

no you can all +rep me that I'm also out and there's a slot for the "slow ones" ;)

3000+ views and 11 pages in a little over 12 hours is worthy of that title.

^and he hasn't even posted the photos of the jeans! (which look spectacular, by the way)

^Per capita, Northern Utah is now something of a ROY Mecca.

Sadly, we are still outnumbered by hipsters by 100,000:1

By the way, what about the leather patch on the contest pairs?

Ooooo didn't even think of that. I wonder what he'll do? Maybe he'll reveal (again) that he's secretly been watching the ROY thread and we'll get a patch that juts says TREX?

This is by far the most exclusive piece of clothing I will have.

Seconded. Big-time. Are there really many more exclusive articles of clothing out there?

I just explained what is happening here to my wife, she thinks it is all a bit sad.

Hahahha. I'd told my girlfriend a bout it a few days ago, then when I showed her pictures today her only response was "what about for the girls?". Nice. I told her TG's holding it down, though.