ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

^ and don't we love her for it.

Pretty fucking stoked about this! The fit will be something pretty new for me, too, but that just makes me more excited.

Wow, between this contest and a public holiday (Eid... not that my organization observes Ugandan or American holidays), I'm fucking useless today!

These jeans will walk me through my 25th year ('sup Robbie): my last six months of Uganda, a couple months of travels (maybe with a couple stops to visit other Roy competitors?) and the great mystery of where my life will lead next... back to Brazil? San Francisco? Washington DC and policy? Mozambique or some other member of the Lusophone world? New York? Working my buckleback off in some other country I haven't even considered yet?

A couple questions/thoughts:

1. In the interest of informed sizing: any chance we can get info on front and rear rise? I want to make sure I measure my waist/compare with other jeans correctly.

2. Can we pick the jeans up in Roy's studio? I'm hoping for a trip to the Bay when I'm back in California, around New Years-ish time. It would be fun if we could gather together any and all Roy competitors in the area and go meet the man, pick up the jeans (save $15 shipping like the cheap bastards that we (I) are) and snap some group shots with the Legend Himself. Bay-Area Burritos and Bucklebacks, anyone?

3. Is Roy gonna participate? Or if not as a competitor, still wear his for the year? It would be fun.

Jeez can't remember the last time jeans made me giddy like a little school girl.

^ ROY won't be in the actual contest, but he does have a pair, as you saw.

If he'll have us, I'd be very happy to go over to his studio with you for pickup, and anyone else in the Bay Area. A launch party would be nice, no?

I kind of doubt we'll get BIG measurements for all sizes, but rnr is good with ROY, so maybe he can talk some rough measurements for at least one size out of ROY?

And TG76 and Dkatz- I am especially glad that we now have our token girl and token 28' waist contestants.

God it's fucking 3:06am and I can't sleep until I know for certain I get the password... I have to wake up in 4 hrs!!!

I felt stupid reading the Roy thread and thinking "what the hell, all these people know something I don't, fuck!".. now I know. total enlightenment. brilliant work guys.

^ ROY won't be in the actual contest, but he does have a pair, as you saw.

If he'll have us, I'd be very happy to go over to his studio with you for pickup, and anyone else in the Bay Area. A launch party would be nice, no?

I kind of doubt we'll get BIG measurements for all sizes, but rnr is good with ROY, so maybe he can talk some rough measurements for at least one size out of ROY?

And TG76 and Dkatz- I am especially glad that we now have our token girl and token 28' waist contestants.

Yeah, some sort of measurement guide would be cool. I mean, I'll go ahead and try to measure my waist at the same spot as he does in that photo and explain to him that I want a trim fit (even though i'll get shit for it), anyway, so we'll see how it goes.

And launch party: yes.

And just because my SExDBxS09 are size 28 doesn't mean I have a 28-inch waist. Actually, you'll be disappointed to learn that when I tried on some Roys at SENY I found that 31 would be the ideal size for me. Can I still play?

dont talk about giddy school girls round me,,, im taking 120 year 10 girls camping next week

My deepest condolences.

Paul T, I did the same as ^^, as your inbox was full. hopefully i make the cut...

Alright, enough! We have a lot of people wanting in, too many to pm back individually so just watch this space and we'll put up a finalized list hopefully by Wednesdays.

So sorry, no more applications!

And sorry we couldn't include more people in the contest. We were hoping ROY would relent and do more jeans, but 30 is what he wants to do.

We already had almost that many people who committed sight unseen, so how many spaces we have to offer depends on how many on that list decide to pass on the contest jeans. So far there's been a lot of "commit to buy" answers, so I'm thinking there won't be many new slots.

^Ran. yes, Paul is supposed to be asleep. Please no one pay any attention to him until at least 6am UK time. Maybe he can use the lull to clean the LVC '47 sizing questions out of his inbox.

SNAP!!!

Denim looks amazing.

I'm in :D ballz deep :eek:

Woo! I was hoping you'd be in. Beers 'n' buckle-backs in LA in a month and a half?

@ dkatz: You can come visit me in south-africa during the contest. We'll do some proper township sightseeing!

Whoa whoa I'm not the only superfuturian on the continent?? Where you been! There's actually a slight chance I'll be in South Africa for a minute next summer. Where you at?

Whoa whoa I'm not the only superfuturian on the continent?? Where you been! There's actually a slight chance I'll be in South Africa for a minute next summer. Where you at?

Well.. I'm not. But will be in the future.

I'm going to do my last internship in Kayamandi, South-Africa.

This will start in, I think, early september. I'm now in the middle of organisating all the neccesary stuff.

You might be out of the continent by then, but it does fit in the contest-period.

When you became Mother Teresa and told everyone you have a 28" waist?

Yo Motha' T couldn't rock cinchbacks like me. Also she was probably more like a 25" waist. Skinny broad, that one (oxymoron?).

You couldn't out me from this contest if you wanted to. Who would visit Roy's shop with you then? And introduce you to Chunky's carnitas burrito? Hmm? That's what I thought.

Well.. I'm not. But will be in the future.

I'm going to do my last internship in Kayamandi, South-Africa.

This will start in, I think, early september. I'm now in the middle of organisating all the neccesary stuff.

You might be out of the continent by then, but it does fit in the contest-period.

Rad!

Yeah, God willing I'll be outta here by then, and off on whatever adventure will be my next adventure.

also, rep for inventing the word "organisating".