how to pass exams[?]

i am in the middle of my finals (BSc neurosience)

and need to study / memorise loads of stuff.

ive been limited to using red bull and nicotine, but are there anything else i could use?

it needs to keep me awake and sharpen concentration.

proplus keeps me awake but cant concentrate, aparently due to the caffeine.

i know all u US superfutre peeps must have some wunder drug up ur sleeves.

an interesting aside:

mice with over expression of transcription factor CREB in the hippocampus showed enhanced LTP induction, ie super memory.

haha good luck with your finals man. I'm a neurobiology, physiology, and behavior major so i know what you're going through. I know a lot of my competition is taking alderol or some other adhd drug and it helps them sharpen their concentration ridiculously. It's really tempting but i haven't gotten that desperate yet. Back when i was working out a lot i took ephedrine and caffeine to cut and it really boosts the energy and you can concentrate better, you can still get ephedrine in the US so you can go that route.

ok, so far:

1. alderol

2. ephidrine (is that adrenaline?)

3. caffeine

some friends at LSE are on those ADHD drugs.

its supposed to be really good, but the comedown is pretty painful.

wont adrenaline mess up your heart rate and stuff?

and caffeine on its own keeps me awake but i cant concentrate, ie it seems im overstimulated

Holy crap, neuroscience. Just saying the word makes me shiver a little. I don't think I could cope.. where are you studying, btw? (I am so glad I'm on my year abroad.. good chance to slack off and do jackshit, although I fear next year being my final year will kill me *cries*)

My ex used to take ritalin to help him concentrate. It made him really.. weird and not.. twitchy, but.. a little restless? Although he used to sit and work THROUGH the night. Which was a little insane.

I say:

- take regular breaks, maybe every 45-50 minutes.

- drink lots of water.

- go walk in the fresh air during your break, or even just stick your head out the window or something.

- make flashcards that you can carry around with you during the day, might motivate you to read it on the bus or something.

I can't.. really think of much else. Good luck with those exams though!

so i burnt a fire for a lost desire

Quote:

Essential oils will help. PM me if you're really interested and I'll look up the ingredients for the blend.

--- Original message by sybaritical on May 10, 2006 11:37 AM

send that pm this way if you dont mind.

toma açaí

Quote:

soo what schools do all of you dudes go to....i had my heart set on uchicago but i got waitlisted..and i got waitlisted by 4 other schooolss...shits gay

--- Original message by rabka on May 10, 2006 12:59 PM

im at upenn undergrad

toma açaí

damn... i never went to college. and my spelling shows it.

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

Quote:

get plenty of rest.

study in the mornings before the day's distractions set in.

drink a lot of water.

all the uppers you're on about will just make you spazz out and have difficulty focusing.

good luck with your exams!

--- Original message by snugglepony on May 10, 2006 11:45 AM

Best advice on this post!!!

Quote:
Quote:

get plenty of rest.

study in the mornings before the day's distractions set in.

drink a lot of water.

all the uppers you're on about will just make you spazz out and have difficulty focusing.

good luck with your exams!

--- Original message by snugglepony on May 10, 2006 11:45 AM

Best advice on this post!!!

--- Original message by damnIam on May 11, 2006 09:39 AM

Want to add:

Positive attitude.

Go n there and into your studying like you are going to whoop the tests ass.

Give yourself a peptalk, mine normally consists of things along the lines of making the test cry and letting a good red pen go to waste, etc.

I know it sounds corny, but it works like a charm, when I dont keep that attitude, I fail the test, if I allow myself to stress, I fail the test.

Good Luck!

Masochism at it's finest.

Oh yeah, just remembered something. Like keri said, come into the test like you're going to kill it. Get into your optimal arousal haha... it sounds funny, but get into your zone, listen to music. Get hyped or calm down, whichever works best for you. I usually come in to tests and listen to songs that get me where i want to be, calm, and size up everyone around you, kinda like you're about to fight haha. If your tests are curved you can also distract the other kids. Tap your pen, make noises with your mouth, or don't wear deoderant for a few days. The deoderant thing is more a local distraction though, tapping the pen works well.