k4727

OK, here goes:

Pherrow's 441 (sz 34), "slim taper model"

Waist: 16.8 inches (33.6 when doubled)

Rise: 13.1

Upper thigh: 11

Knee: 8.9

Leg opening: 8.1

I had the inseam hemmed to about a 34, down from 36.

The waist fits me perfectly on these; when sitting, the thighs have just enough room to be comfortable. I will say, the thighs look a bit wide at times when I'm standing, which gives my legs a somewhat stubby appearance. That was somewhat rectified today when I gave the jeans a healthy double cuff, which helped them drape better.

Pockets are small on these jeans, except for the coin pocket, which is quite wide. This is nice as I can fit my iPhone 5 in there with only a little effort.

Deadstock Talon zipper.

The denim on these is stubborn! I've been wearing these for months, almost every day, and whiskers are just showing; honeycombs are extremely faint. I gave them a third machine wash, and first machine dry, a couple weeks ago, and that made them pop some more. There's more vertical falling going on, which Pherrow's' denim is known for.

I'll post photos later when there's light outside, but leave you with this for now:

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-02%20at%2011.42.

Edited by Iron Horse

Hog, do the TCB's stretch much in the waist?

The Pherrow's 441 (and I'd imagine all of their jeans) don't really have much stretch to them. 

And some more photos of where the jeans are at the moment: 

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-03%20at%209.59.2

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-03%20at%2010.02.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-03%20at%2010.03.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-03%20at%2010.10.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-03%20at%2010.04.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-03%20at%2010.02.

Edited by Iron Horse

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Picked up a pair of Pherrow's 301 WP hickory stripe work pants today; fit pics later this week:

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-12%20at%206.32.1

Buffalo horn arcs, exposed rivets, cinch back:

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-12%20at%206.33.1

Cloth patch:

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-12%20at%206.32.4

Stormy Blue top button:

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-12%20at%206.37.2

Extra wide coin pocket:

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-12%20at%206.35.5

Side leg pocket:

awUX8qh.png

Dyed weft side:

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-12%20at%206.33.5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked up some Pherrow's chinos, in a nice relaxed fit:

uLjz6Gz.png

qAz0FkZ.png

And in anticipation of cold weather, an almost all-Pherrow's day:

aj65zi0.png

Great pics.  I'm looking at those chinos on denimio.  Did they shrink much after a wash?

Great pics.  I'm looking at those chinos on denimio.  Did they shrink much after a wash?

Nope, no real shrinkage that I noticed.

I wished they had a bit; the overlocked inner seam on the cuffs is starting to fray quite easily, will take them in for a hem.

Nope, no real shrinkage that I noticed.

I wished they had a bit; the overlocked inner seam on the cuffs is starting to fray quite easily, will take them in for a hem.

That stinks about the seam.  Thanks for the info though.

While not super Pherrow's related it is one of the official stores, does anyone know what happened to the Smart Clothing store in harajuku?

I was going to swing by in April and grab some Pherrow's stuff, but it seems like they are renovating the shop or something? I tried to decipher their blog/instagram but wasn't sure if they had an expected re-opening date. Don't really want to venture to the machida one.

Yeah I figured (as well as attempted to translate) it seemed they were just remolding. It just seemed weird how they were handling it, but hope it's open in April, was super excited to visit. Glad to hear you enjoyed it! But might just have to venture to the machida store then.

Edit: seems like it'll reopen some time in March, so that's good!

Edited by d-rew12

really dig that ranch jacket. is it from Rakuten? Been wanting one for awhile but the measurements make me apprehensive as I don't know which store is accurate

Yes, I got it from Pine Avenue after having to get rid of the one I bought at Take 5; I had to size up on it to a 42 as it runs small.

This is the 2014 model, the new one is slightly different (more Wrangler inspired). Sugar Cane made one quite similar to mine this past year, but it's surprisingly not as nice.

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the thread mate!

Here's my 421 x-posted from mynudies (sorry for the bad pics, will have better ones as I put them back into rotation soon):

DSC02300.jpg

It'll be their 20th anniversary next year, looking forward to their special edition of 2011!

If anybody is interested in some of the older Stormy Blue fabrics, Take 5 had some made into very interesting house-jeans at a great price.

Back with better photos. Same pair. Worn two weeks over 6 years, lol.

PNyx60E.jpg

Some details:

pgqnPwb.jpg

dv2DYrT.jpg

lcn0eaB.jpgOBoJwNy.jpg