shoes to go with jeans

mizanation

Quote:
Quote:

I prefer white shoes, preferably Adidas, with my jeans. I have a couple pair of Stan Smiths, one pair Japanese and one pair from the Originals line this year.

I also have a pair of white/black Adidas Micropacer '84's that I wear once in awhile, a pair of smurf blue Rekords, a pair of brown Wallabees, and some other shoes I rotate between once in awhile, like some Puma Sprints, etc.

Overall, jeans+low-tech shoes.

I'm looking for a pair of blondish boots like that shop staff on the 45rpm website talked about in the columns section. Blonde leather, maybe 8 or 10 eyelets, leather soles, plain low and flat toes, that lace way down close to the toes with normal eyelets. Proving to be impossible to find, anyone have any ideas?

--- Original message by dismalfuture on May 13, 2006 09:05 AM

I think I know the type of boots you're looking for.

there are a couple here: http://www.rakuten.co.jp/cpoint/485996/ but they're soo overpriced and most are sold out.

You can find them here for less http://www.shoesinternational.co.uk/products.cfm?manid=18&rangeid=72&gender=1

Unfortunately the pics there are terrible.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on May 15, 2006 05:42 AM

Dude, those are exactly the ones I was looking for, many thanks. I figured they were expensive, but eh... not $600 expensive.

Looks like I might have to save up, damn.

I forgot to mention one of my favorite shoes, Jack Purcells. Classic style, I've had a few pairs since like 1993.

I'm thinking about snapping up a pair of leather chucks, but whoever mentioned the white chucks with the green stripes has perked my interest in those and i'm going out to look for them.

I like those pointy slip-ons too. Most people here wouldn't get them, but they've been kinda trendy on and off in Japan for awhile. I knew a girl who had pointy toed shoes that aped off Dunk Los, they were funny.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

converse canvas shoes have been worn to death in my country..

--- Original message by su8m3rg3d on May 16, 2006 07:31 AM

haha, they've been worn to death for the past nintey-odd years in most every country in the world...

Are that Japanese guy's jeans made of fucking alpaca burlap? They look like indigo sweaters for his legs.

Those Tricker's boots are just a far off dream for me I guess. I don't think they even make that model that I want anymore, the one with long quarters that come down low over the toes, with double leather soles. Since I can't afford the ready to wear models, I obviously can't even dream of the bespokes.

I'm selling this pair of Converse Chuck Taylors on Ebay:

dd_1_b.JPG

de_1_b.JPG

If you're interested, here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7765945177&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

..they look worn-in, but theyve hardly been used at all..

Edited by Whodinihimself on May 16, 2006 at 09:51 AM

Quote:

I'm selling this pair of Converse Chuck Taylors on Ebay:

dd_1_b.JPG

de_1_b.JPG

If you're interested, here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7765945177&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

..they look worn-in, but theyve hardly been used at all..

Edited by Whodinihimself on May 16, 2006 at 09:51 AM

--- Original message by Whodinihimself on May 16, 2006 09:50 AM

I'm not sure if the rest of your personalisations are my style, but I'm really loving the way the semi-gloss black on the toe cap looks over the white midsole, that might be a idea I ape on a pair of (size 8.5) chucks for myself. icon_smile_big.gif

thanks man...but now that the auction is over i can say that I'm suprised they even sold at all...I know I wouldnt buy a pair of shoes that sombody else personalized...its just not kosher ya know?....but yeah...someone in Italy won them for a grand total of $35.99 US shipped...go figure

for black jeans these carpe diems on ebay right now would be killer...however their prices are pretty astronomical

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-BNWT-CARPE-DIEM-BLACK-LEATHER-SHOES-SZ-43-CDIEM_W0QQitemZ7767670467QQcategoryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

although given people's taste in expensive denim on this forum, i don't know if that will pose much of a problem or not...

Quote:

for black jeans these carpe diems on ebay right now would be killer...however their prices are pretty astronomical

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-BNWT-CARPE-DIEM-BLACK-LEATHER-SHOES-SZ-43-CDIEM_W0QQitemZ7767670467QQcategoryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

although given people's taste in expensive denim on this forum, i don't know if that will pose much of a problem or not...

--- Original message by derdankhund on May 17, 2006 08:09 PM

Those Cdiem's are a steal. I wish I wore size 10..

Quote:

I prefer white shoes, preferably Adidas, with my jeans. I have a couple pair of Stan Smiths, one pair Japanese and one pair from the Originals line this year.

I also have a pair of white/black Adidas Micropacer '84's that I wear once in awhile, a pair of smurf blue Rekords, a pair of brown Wallabees, and some other shoes I rotate between once in awhile, like some Puma Sprints, etc.

Overall, jeans+low-tech shoes.

I'm looking for a pair of blondish boots like that shop staff on the 45rpm website talked about in the columns section. Blonde leather, maybe 8 or 10 eyelets, leather soles, plain low and flat toes, that lace way down close to the toes with normal eyelets. Proving to be impossible to find, anyone have any ideas?

--- Original message by dismalfuture on May 13, 2006 09:05 AM

that might answer a question i've had for a while - is the Japanese Stan Smith flatter in the toe and thinner?

i have a pair of the Stan Smiths II and they're very round in the toe and kinda ugly in my opinion. unless i can somehow make them cool, which is doubtful, i think i'm tossing them. but i have seen stans that were flatter and thinner as i said and doper looking as a result.

^ I don't think the toe shapes are much different. In fact, I think the Japanese version is slightly taller and more bulbous than the Originals version they're selling now. I noted this when I was buying the newer ones.

The Originals have a semi-glossy finish and the midsole doesn't have the all-around welt stitch, plus a few minor differences that add up to a slightly nicer looking Stan Smith.

The Japanese ones are about half the price of the Originals, I guess you can pick up SS's for about 5000Y'ish in Japan nowadays. The Japanese have been wearing them for the past 15-20 years, they're just one of those classic models revered by young and old alike. The Japanese version has the portrait tongue in green print, the silver 'Stan Smith' script on the side, and a couple green painted accents on the sole to make them look more vintage-y, that's about it. i reckon they're pretty much the same as the US 2's.

There's been a bunch of Stan Smith-inspired shoes out there lately. I saw a pair from TST last year in Japan that were what I think you're looking for, flatter, slightly more pointed toes, 4 punched stripes, overall a bit more luxe looking than the run of the mill Stans.

Otherwise, you could look at other models I guess. The Forest Hill '72's in white are nice and have the really low flat toe, but as far as I know those were being sold in England.

I think this thread emphasizes the fact that ANYTHING will go with a pair of jeans!

personally im with the white sneakers-chuck taylors-people. I love the white monochrome chuick taylors whit my 1947´s

Edited by lilldavid on May 28, 2006 at 09:20 PM

To continue blabbing about Stan Smiths and white Adidas, here is some visual. The UK Stan Smiths here are almost exactly like the Japanese versions, except the J-versions have the Stan Smith in silver and have the 'adidas' on the side painted on in trim color. You can see they're slightly different than the US II's.

Bottom are the Forest Hills I was talking about, there seem to be 3-4 different Forest Hills models out there that are all way different, but this is the cut I like best. The toe is low and flat and the quarters lace down way low. These are superlight shoes, by the way!!! I haven't seen them outside the UK, so I'm still on the hunt for my perfect pair of FH's, but I kinda like these green-soled ones.

adidas-stan-smith-lace-white-royal-mens-pice830a46e.jpg

adidas-forest-hills-white-green-mens-pic017a850a.jpg

Edited by dismalfuture on May 29, 2006 at 07:39 AM

Quote:

To continue blabbing about Stan Smiths and white Adidas, here is some visual. The UK Stan Smiths here are almost exactly like the Japanese versions, except the J-versions have the Stan Smith in silver and have the 'adidas' on the side painted on in trim color. You can see they're slightly different than the US II's.

Bottom are the Forest Hills I was talking about, there seem to be 3-4 different Forest Hills models out there that are all way different, but this is the cut I like best. The toe is low and flat and the quarters lace down way low. These are superlight shoes, by the way!!! I haven't seen them outside the UK, so I'm still on the hunt for my perfect pair of FH's, but I kinda like these green-soled ones.

adidas-stan-smith-lace-white-royal-mens-pice830a46e.jpg

adidas-forest-hills-white-green-mens-pic017a850a.jpg

Edited by dismalfuture on May 29, 2006 at 07:39 AM

--- Original message by dismalfuture on May 29, 2006 07:38 AM

thanks for answering my question.

i think the tongue on the stan's pictures is thinner than the one on the US IIs.