shoes to go with jeans

mizanation

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

How 'bout some Alden Indy Boots? These look great with a pair of 1947 501s.

18A_0049.jpg

And heres another pair of 1946 Converse Chucks... These look incredible with a worn faded pair.

22A_0053.jpg

25A_0056.jpg

--- Original message by airfrogusmc on May 11, 2006 07:07 AM

hey - like those indy boots

have heard good things about those before too.

would it be possible for you to show a picture of them from a side view?

cheer

Quote:

Yeah I gotta pair of blue ones from converse and a white pair and red pair from Baggins.

The Indy Boots I bought in 01 and paid about $190.00. They're more now but still a good buy considering the quality.

http://www.aldenshop.com/DrawOneShoe.asp?CategoryID=109

--- Original message by airfrogusmc on May 11, 2006 03:06 PM

yeah, $100 more!...yikes

fighting the urge to unload my 1905 red wings to buy a pair of these

Edited by Shorty Long on May 12, 2006 at 10:27 AM

Quote:

with recommendations from this thread, i purchased two paris of chuck taylor's. one is the "optical white" and the second is the natural canvas color with the green lining and green line. already feel much better. thanks.

--- Original message by mizanation on May 12, 2006 07:37 PM

Where'd you get them from?

i went to 5 or 6 different stores (foot lockers, dr. jays, journeys, etc.) all were sold out of chuck taylors. i think this year could be big for chucks!

i remembered a small sneaker shop that i used to go to on 31st street (ny) and they had the models and sizes i needed.

i think in new york, you have a better chance finding chucks at your local stores, like VIM.

http://mizanation.blogspot.com

I prefer white shoes, preferably Adidas, with my jeans. I have a couple pair of Stan Smiths, one pair Japanese and one pair from the Originals line this year.

I also have a pair of white/black Adidas Micropacer '84's that I wear once in awhile, a pair of smurf blue Rekords, a pair of brown Wallabees, and some other shoes I rotate between once in awhile, like some Puma Sprints, etc.

Overall, jeans+low-tech shoes.

I'm looking for a pair of blondish boots like that shop staff on the 45rpm website talked about in the columns section. Blonde leather, maybe 8 or 10 eyelets, leather soles, plain low and flat toes, that lace way down close to the toes with normal eyelets. Proving to be impossible to find, anyone have any ideas?

For less chunky sneaks with high-end style i tend to like the following:

Y3 Adidas

Puma by Mihara Yasuhiro

Puma by Rudolf Dassler

Y3 and the MY Pumas both have crazy futuristic styling, but as a result, I only like about 30-50% of any given season's range. The Dassler range of puma's is quite the opposite with a lot of retro sneaker styles, all made from very quality materials. just depends on your taste

i also dig visvims but most may be on the chunky side given your distaste for AF1's with your sugarcanes

"I'd rather regret something I did than something I didn't do"

"This is the greatest secret of behaviour: to stand alone, and judge oneself from the deeps of one's own soul." - D.H. Lawrence

"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star" - Nietzsche

Quote:

I prefer white shoes, preferably Adidas, with my jeans. I have a couple pair of Stan Smiths, one pair Japanese and one pair from the Originals line this year.

I also have a pair of white/black Adidas Micropacer '84's that I wear once in awhile, a pair of smurf blue Rekords, a pair of brown Wallabees, and some other shoes I rotate between once in awhile, like some Puma Sprints, etc.

Overall, jeans+low-tech shoes.

I'm looking for a pair of blondish boots like that shop staff on the 45rpm website talked about in the columns section. Blonde leather, maybe 8 or 10 eyelets, leather soles, plain low and flat toes, that lace way down close to the toes with normal eyelets. Proving to be impossible to find, anyone have any ideas?

--- Original message by dismalfuture on May 13, 2006 09:05 AM

I think I know the type of boots you're looking for.

there are a couple here: http://www.rakuten.co.jp/cpoint/485996/ but they're soo overpriced and most are sold out.

You can find them here for less http://www.shoesinternational.co.uk/products.cfm?manid=18&rangeid=72&gender=1

Unfortunately the pics there are terrible.

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on May 15, 2006 at 05:43 AM