shoes to go with jeans

mizanation

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I'm excited about them, too. A little card that came with these is pretty cool (but maybe a little cheesy). A little translation:

In production for only 4 years.

A Converse known as the "Legendary One Star".

In 1968, Converse gathered all of their technology to give birth to One Star, the basketbal shoes of the highest order. The star on the upper sole was a symbol of their absolute confidence. However, because they were trying to achieve perfection by using carefully selected leather, production was just limited to '68-'69 and '74-'75.

The return of One Star.

In the same style and spirit of that time.

The "Legendary One Star" is resurrected. The shiny upper sole using urethane-coated leather of the highest quality, as well as other small details, have been faithfully restored. Here is the best footwork possible from combining leather and rubber. One Star. It makes one want to compete with passion again.

onestaroxcard1.jpgonestaroxcard2.jpg

haha, post-grunge years I was caught wearing those one-star mids in black suede like everyone else had (circa '94'ish?? was in 7th grade....) Had no idea those would be hard to come across now.

Chicken, did you go to Tokyo recently? I remember reading you grew up in Setagaya, which part?

@dismal -- grew up near this train station called Kaminoge. and yup, that's where i was for few days. i like those suede ones too, but i'm lovin' these leather ones.

@digital -- bought them at the ABC-Mart in Jyugaoka. and yes, it's this year's ABC Store exclusive. i think they've made ones in darker greens before, but never in this particular green. (at least, that's how the store clerk sold them to me.)

if anybody's ever going to Ueno to visit those great denim stores, i definitely recommend to also check out the ABC-Marts and such there, too.

EDIT: like dismal said, it was ABC-Mart, not ABC Store. the latter would be liquor stores in north carolina.

^ I've actually been to Kaminoge before. I don't really know why, but I once had a gf who lived in Shimouma and we were out dogwalking once. I really like those neighborhoods around Setagaya, the local restaurants around Sangenjaya and Jiyugaoka are really nice. If I ever move to Japan like I've wanted to, I'd probably like to live down that way.

Those who take Chicken's advice and go to ABC-Mart, if you don't find what you like there, Billy's is affiliated with ABC-mart but sells more sneakers and less mainstream models.

• 5 months later...

^ man, i commend you for searching this thread out instead of starting a new thread about your question. check out random pages of the waywt (what are you wearing today) thread and you'll find tons of people wearing black shoes with indigo denim. another thread to check out is shoes that get better with age thread, where you'll find some people wearing black leather shoes/boots with their premium denim. and then you can decide for yourself about black shoes with denim. but the particular model you're talking about, i have no knowledge.

Guest jeffvyain

chucks can definitely produce the clown shoe effect if you've got bigger feet. i got some onitsuka tigers over x-mas break, and i love those. they're a great slimmish shoe, but not so slim they look like clown shoes

chucks can definitely produce the clown shoe effect if you've got bigger feet. i got some onitsuka tigers over x-mas break, and i love those. they're a great slimmish shoe, but not so slim they look like clown shoes

Chucks' retro-look doesnt fit everybody. Some people prefer to be modern-looking n shit:cool:

Nobody doesn't like tigers.

man Chucks are like the least durable shoes...i bought a pair at the end of last school year (April 2006)...and up to now I've probably worn them for a total combined time of maybe a month. Nothing hard either, just walking to class, not running or doing crazy shit. And on the right shoe the midsole already startin to come apart from the top.

most of my trainers are white, but it rains a lot here so i've been scared to wear them since buying raw denim so i've been living in these most of the time:

adidas chaparal hi (hemp)

CIMG4711.jpg

although i've just picked up these for a bit of variation. i have a feeling they will be a "love or hate" shoe:

nike sb zoom fc

CIMG4710.jpg

my feet are size UK12/13 and so chucks and similar styles produce the "clown shoe" effect on me. both of these are not quite so slim, but not too bulky as to look silly.

i'd have never considered buying a decent pair of boots before reading this forum, but seeing so many pictures (not just in this thread) of nice looking examples have swayed me a bit! maybe my next pick up will be something a bit more sturdy..

i've a really hard time adapting to the whole straight and skinny thing too. You'd think a thin hi ankle boot would suit a skinny jean, but it still looks odd to me to leave THAT much of the boot exposed. But I'm coming to terms with it, looking for a pair of high tops instead (boots w/out heels), but this makes me feel extra young as I haven't worn a pair of 'sneakers' in like 3 years. I guess I need to get over that . . .