the WALKING DEAD Comics/AMC TV Series

Dom

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fan #2 checking in.

I don't have AMC so I missed the premiere, but I look forward to illegally acquiring the episodes online.

I usually don't like my favorite comics being turned into films/tv shows (Watchmen, Scott Pilgrim), but after reading interviews and reviews, I'm giving this the benefit of the doubt.

WalkingDead642009MinuteMen-NorthBridge-NoVikingFlipBook00023.jpg

Comic is nasty.

Also don't have AMC, so will be watching the premiere when I get home.

Honestly, I don't like moving adaptations of comics either, but with the budget AMC has for this show and their general lack of shitty programming, I was on board since they announced it would be a series.

i liked the tv show premiere

was worried that i wouldn't like the dude they cast as RICK as he doesn't really look like the RICK in the comics but he does SEEM like RICK, like, if i believed in souls (and if i believed fictional characters had them) i'd say the actor that plays RICK has got the comic RICK's soul, like, even if the actor doesn't have the comic book character's haircut.

i think it helps that i don't fully remember the first year of the comic panel for panel

I think I'm going to read the comic

I would highly, HIGHLY, so damn highly, recommend this.

Reading the comic beforehand allows you to seam together the panels and play out the scenes in your head as you see fit.

Reading it after the film/show is just a quick recap of everything you already saw. You're forced to follow the strict path that the movie has already set for you.

can't wait for more episodes...for the life of me i cant remember what happened in the first 3 books only bits and pieces. i just remember being depressed afterwards since it appeared how people would interact during a shtf scenario.

Yeah, that's the whole reason why I believe this comic is so great.

The bulk of the comic is focused on character development, like you stated, "how people would interact during a shit scenario". The zombies simply provide a means to portray the inherent good and evil in all of us; really pushes the mental borders and morality of the characters.

Absolutely loved the premier! AMC has another hit on their hands...

Spoiler Alert!

Anyone else think that for the television series, Rick's hand will not be severed? I don't think the mainstream media would be comfortable with the lead role having only one hand; I think I remember Kirkman stating that he regretted doing that in the comic.

...Anyone else think that for the television series, Rick's hand will not be severed? I don't think the mainstream media would be comfortable with the lead role having only one hand...

I was thinking the same thing, at one point I was like, "Man, I wonder how people will feel when he has only one hand."

I think they might skip it. Aside from added (or subtracted, zing!) character I don't think Rick's one handedness ever has an impact on the story... but the comics were read a long time ago, so I don't remember.

I think having the CGI out the hand in every episode will probably be too big a pain in the ass for them to do unless there is a huge storyline payoff.

The last thing I remember in the comic was them moving into a prison facility and having a fallout with the inmates. Then a badass black chick shows up and steals the football player away from the white chick, who goes crazy. How far past that is the comic currently?

I think having the CGI out the hand in every episode will probably be too big a pain in the ass for them to do unless there is a huge storyline payoff.

The last thing I remember in the comic was them moving into a prison facility and having a fallout with the inmates. Then a badass black chick shows up and steals the football player away from the white chick, who goes crazy. How far past that is the comic currently?

I believe that was in Book #3.

I recently finished Book #4 (4th year). I'm pretty sure they just released Book #6 on October 26, 2010. Could be wrong, but I know it was recent because I work at a bookstore. I think they're around 80 issues, 12 issues per year/book.

I think having the CGI out the hand in every episode will probably be too big a pain in the ass

ta0ugn.png

I think this show takes itself too seriously. It was unintentionally hilarious when they were walking around with the guts and severed feed hanging around their necks. If they just embraced the absurdity and ran with it I'd like this a lot more.

eh, i dont think its taking itself too seriously. it doesnt seem like a show thats trying to win any awards or anything, to me at least. its just fun to watch. dialogue is pretty cheesy, a lot of the situations are predictable, and there are lots of "unrealistic" aspects, but who gives a fuck its an entertaining show about zombies