Analyst

usa :: new york :: general

I am going for to NYC for the small span of the 2 days 3 nights.  Any recommendations of the places I should really eat at, I saw the Momofuku.  Any other high recommendations for eating and any bars? 

On a less important topic where should I shop just like 1 or 2 of your end all be all places.

^^ there are a few different momofokus that have different menus. walk around east village/st marks and you'll find a shitload of good food to eat w/in a few blocks. 

momofoku ko isn't as hard as people make it out to be to get a reservation. as long as you log in the morning that your date is released you're good.

I went to Pies-N-Thighs in Brooklyn last night! Highly recommended!!!!

Would anyone be able to proxy me something from Nowhere FC? They closed shop two weeks before I'm in town and open a month after....

I went to Pies-N-Thighs in Brooklyn last night! Highly recommended!!!!

The pie was good but the chicken was not.

The pie was good but the chicken was not.

What? I thought it was great!

Can someone recommend the best place to get a vintage leather jacket fixed up? Thanks!

all about motorino. Also how can I find out about sample sales??

all about motorino. Also how can I find out about sample sales??

you dont find sample sales

Edited by Hsin8

^ Schadenfreude going to get "rich man's disease" aka mercury poisoning from all that sushi.

Siu yuk + roast duck rice

TB6tZke.jpg

where are some of your favorite places in NY to get this dish?

I only been to one in CHINATOWN and cant really fuq with this for its price and quantity,

http://www.yelp.com/biz/wah-fung-1-fast-food-new-york-2?osq=bbq+pork

but looking for other places that I can sit down

Most truthful NYC food blogs? Not looking to read some shitty Buzzfeed article talking about how cool and edgy Baohaus is. Tripping w/ my girlfriend to Manhattan and I'd like to get my money's worth. Thanks. 

Edited by theflockaweiner

Any rec's for a competent shoe repair place?  I went to the best ranked one on Yelp (fuck Yelp) and the heels started peeling off my boots and I've got nails sticking everywhere 3 days later.

Need to get a resole done and may stretch my bison Virgils so don't want some joker.

I'd recommend North 11th Shoe Repair in Williamsburg.  I've had them do two resole jobs and both have been impeccable.  Turn around can be 24 hours too.

Address is - 18 N 11th St, Brooklyn, NY 11249

I've also been to Firm Shoe Repair.  Good work, but turnaround is +/- 1 week and they don't listen as well as the guys at N. 11th.  Good work though.  It's on - 116 4th Ave, between 12th St. and 2nd Ave.

Any rec's for a competent shoe repair place?  I went to the best ranked one on Yelp (fuck Yelp) and the heels started peeling off my boots and I've got nails sticking everywhere 3 days later.

Need to get a resole done and may stretch my bison Virgils so don't want some joker.

Hey can someone proxy me a copy of Marfa Journal #3 (pref the Chloe Sevigny cover) from either Kinfolk, Spoonbill and Sugartown or Object-ify

Will someone recommend some coffee spots pls? 

Also will be in town through next Tues. Waka is playing on Mon. Anything else music wise? 

have any of you eaten @ momofuku's mainline restaurants

i've had stuff from the milk bar which tasted very delicious, but i'm debating whether to take some people to noodle bar or ma peche. i've heard terrible stuff and great stuff. not sure if it gets crowded near midnight as i love to eat mad late

i've had stuff from the milk bar which tasted very delicious, but i'm debating whether to take some people to noodle bar or ma peche. i've heard terrible stuff and great stuff. not sure if it gets crowded near midnight as i love to eat mad late

Most of the restaurants have gotten worse IMO.

I would recommend booking the group meals in advance if you're going to go with friends anyways. The fried chicken group meal @ Noodle Bar is stellar. I also enjoy the bo ssam & duck group meals @ Ssam.

That being said - I haven't tried Fuku or the new Ko. I would like to try the latter at some point. $$ withstanding as prices have consistently risen.

Went to Ma Peche last weekend. It's a fun place to go with a group (you need to get the fried chicken), although location isn't ideal (we got an early diner before going to see Morrissey at MSG, but otherwise why would you be in midtown on the weekend). you need a reservation. 

Noodle bar is ok, there's some better ramen place IMO. Plus their ramen bowl is like 1,300 calories....

i'll be in nyc from 12/5 to 12/13. planning on finding a place through airbnb.

if anyone wants to give me the low down on rooftop bars with a great view, menswear stores, hole in the wall places to eat.

basically anything would help. thanks guys.