Analyst

usa :: new york :: general

I'm super legit btw.

:eek: .

fly into ny jfk airport around the 28 november, anyone rec some nice reasonably priced hotels?

^yeah thanks du

booked a place at new york loft hostel, 19 nights around 1100 AU. friend stayed there said it real good and met nice people.

can anyone in NYC help figure out what this restaurant was called... it was in soho, i'd like to say somewhat near APC... it was like a higher end place serving duck and what not. as soon as their dinner hours started, the placed filled up instantly. i think we paid around $60 for two people. the service was amazing... certain employees only jobs were to refill your glasses of water, as soon as they saw you done with your meal they would come clear your plates and replace your table cloth with a new one. i snapped a pic of my food and i THINK the name started with an "R" but i can't remember and its been driving me nuts.

6142456348_73da1e5ce5.jpg

YES! BALTHAZAR. thank you! i don't typically like mushroom flavored stuff on my plate but that entree was absolutely amazing.

edit: can't rep you mellow but thank you

what is real estate looking like these days?

planning to head out east in november, currently looking for a studio/apartment. have a budget of 1500-2000, can anyone recommend me some spots/neighborhoods? not looking for anything boss but also not looking for anything poor.

I got mine booked for the 6th (landing on the 7th) till the 18th, wanted to stay for Christmas but tickets are mad expensive

What's the best area to stay? I wanna book a room on roomorama.com

anywhere within a 10 meter radius to supleme

I got mine booked for the 6th (landing on the 7th) till the 18th, wanted to stay for Christmas but tickets are mad expensive

What's the best area to stay? I wanna book a room on roomorama.com

brownsville/east ny/canarsie/crown heights

keeping it realllllll

what is real estate looking like these days?

planning to head out east in november, currently looking for a studio/apartment. have a budget of 1500-2000, can anyone recommend me some spots/neighborhoods? not looking for anything boss but also not looking for anything poor.

At that amount you can probably go most places except Tribeca/West Village/Soho (unless you get lucky). Depends on what you are looking for. If you want space, go Brooklyn or Queens. If you want proximity to nightlife, go East Village/Lower East Side

i've lived in nyc for the past 6 years, with your budget you could do ok in most neighborhoods like hocus pocus said it just depends what you're looking for.

since i've been here i've been in Financial district, east village, china town, queens and almost brooklyn. best part of nyc is you dont need to stay in one neighborhood. move around every year!

i'll be in ny from sunday till wednesday. hit me up if you wanna ahng out or eat burgs or whatever

We are a group of 6 guys aged 21-22, staying in New York for New Years Eve. Where do you guys recommend we celebrate? We are not interested in spending the whole day waiting in Times Square.

go to a club, pay $$$$ for cliquot/moet to pour and spray on bitches, and bottles to get them wasted... bring them back to your hotel for the after party.... strategically placed camera with big SD card for memories...

^I use Stanton Tailor for alterations. Quality and customer service are awesome there.

im packing for a trip to nyc tomorrow evening through sunday 11/9-11/13. wondering how the weather has been & how heavy of a coat to bring.

any recommendations are also welcome: bars, restaurants, places to go things to do

it's been properly hot here the past few days, but it's fall here so who knows, it could snow tomorrow.

there's also this nifty thing called the internet for weather.

Recommendations for dry cleaners and alterations (not necessarily at the same place)?

i heard chris french cleaners is good.... prolly expensive. its by the astor place stop

can anyone in NYC help figure out what this restaurant was called... it was in soho, i'd like to say somewhat near APC... it was like a higher end place serving duck and what not. as soon as their dinner hours started, the placed filled up instantly. i think we paid around $60 for two people. the service was amazing... certain employees only jobs were to refill your glasses of water, as soon as they saw you done with your meal they would come clear your plates and replace your table cloth with a new one. i snapped a pic of my food and i THINK the name started with an "R" but i can't remember and its been driving me nuts.

maybe pastis? but thats in meatpacking district

6142456348_73da1e5ce5.jpg

odd question, anyone have experience teaching/involved in education system/moved to ny to teach, pm if long. thanks!

Edited by jaac

ow jeee...I love New York...I think that the city is really great opportunities to the city +a lot of people a lot of stores in many companies happy.gif

Edited by Martus

I live in Cali, and want to eat at Bohemian, a Japanese Restaurant in the East Village in NYC in May, if any one has a phone number or any advice as to how to get one, I will be greatly appreciative!!!

Thanks!

Edited by BrownBear