usa :: new york :: general

Analyst

in all honesty, whether it's from flushing(my area), hyped up places, in the hood, or from an authentic italian place, you can't go wrong with pizza in nyc...

rosas in ridgewood is pretty good...i go there often because it's around my girl's way.

I used to go there for chicken rolls when I used to live in Glendale.

Great place!

Has anyone ever been to a "Not Rays" pizza? lol

Bronx pizza is great (I like a place on Fordham Rd and the Grand Concourse), but let's not kid ourselves, they aren't putting anything special into that pizza.

Let's not kid ourselves, you're a fool.

Bronx pizza rules- take a stroll down Arthur Avenue and eat

a slice at every single pizzeria here, most of which are family-owned and

have been here longer than any of the other well-known pizzerias in the

city.

The taste of history and tradition is fucking delicious, and I'll take a meatball

pie from any of our joints over any other any day.

Fordham & Grand Concourse, stop backwashing my ends. That shitty hole

in the wall with standing room only? Don't joke!

lombardi's is hype but it is good pizza. if you go a tad before 6, you really don't have to wait that long. they expanded to next door so the wait isn't as bad as before. when its a really nice day and if you're lucky, you can get sit outside on the roof/terrace area and its real nice.

eating on the lombardi's terrace is worth it because the walk to get there is straight out of goodfellas.

john's is decent and has one of the few edible outposts in times square.

Pizza Muzzerela on 14th and A... The most slept on slice in town. I dont live in NYC anymore, so i dont mind blowing it up. really, i grew up in NYC, and this is the spot. EVERYONE i have taken there loves it, and while your waitingin line you hear someone else with their friend havng the same convo about how good it is.

L&B is really good too, just not what everyone might be expecting from pizza...

Don't forget Joe's. Lombardi's and Patsy's makes great Italian/NY style pizza (good for sitting down). Joe's makes great NY style pizza (good for on the go or a quick meal). The difference is in the crust.

where is joes located?

where is joes located?

7 Carmine St (Cross Street: Bleecker Street)

It's right off of 6th Avenue (you head south on 6th Avenue on the west side just below 4th st, and hang a barely noticeable right).

grimaldi's grimaldi's grimaldi's

12 dollars a pie, under the manhattan bridge.

This place is still on the top of my "places to try out" list, but for some reason I've never gotten around to going there.

So lets talk about places to get fucked up in NYC? You know of a lounge that fits perfect to the superfuture style in NYC? how about a true NYC club? Or maybe a classic New York bar thats great during the daytime, one that you would expect to see some NYC firemen drinking a fresh nice tall cold glass of Draft Beer after a hard days work. Picture that!

another Hairmates fan. been going there for a while now.

fg0d: dont be afraid. you can tell them exactly what you want, theyll understand, or bring a picture of what you want. theyll do it up nice. i just tell my girl shorter, and the rest i trust her with.

Herpsky: Kino is at the 3rd ave/st marks one iirc

glenn jason was completely booked for like 6 weeks when i called so i bit the bullet and went back to yun at hairmates this weekend. not a bad cut, but what she gave me looks nothing like the picture i showed her. im planning on trying out glenn jason for my next cut.

Everyone in this thread recommended Kino. Why didn't you try him? He's a great stylist.

glenn jason was completely booked for like 6 weeks when i called so i bit the bullet and went back to yun at hairmates this weekend. not a bad cut, but what she gave me looks nothing like the picture i showed her. im planning on trying out glenn jason for my next cut.

Honestly this thread is somewhat pointless as people are just dropping the spot they like, and not giving feedback on the places people have suggested. Someone start a fucking thread for that one.

i will throw my hat in to the ring on this one gladly...

Anchor bar is cool if your with people, not the best to go make new friends, but if your in to chillin out on the cutting edge of new developing barrio's in the city, i like it there a lot.

Max Fish, this is a obvious choice but might be a little too much for everyone. well lit, well dressed, nyc locals, scoundrels, fun.

Iggys, right down the st. from MF. good spot. Thursdays are the best, as the bar staff changes nightly, and not in that normal whos working kinda way, its either great or totally wack.

Sweet and Vicious, i have to say that S&V might have had its day in the sun already. Sundays there about 4 years ago were epic. but now they got some good frozen margaritas during the summer. and some cool folks still wander in and out, hey, mabye it will just be you, big fish small pond.

My new favorite is Little Branch, these guys can totally kill you with their amazing and wonderful drink menu. it feels like a speak easy in LA or something, but not in the normal way where that would suck and blow at the same time. this spot is more than special to me, and if you have time, def check it out... right across the st from luke and leroy.

And if your lookin for a frat bar....

for some reason now that i dont live in nyc anymore there are certian things i miss more than i can say... Buffalo wings are one of these things europe just cant get right... so i started stoping in Atomic Wings when i was back in the apple... i always ordered from them, but never thought to go there. needless to say, its horrible, gross, and amazing. its full of these NYU brats who have nothing better to do than spend money and annoy the world. this might sound lame to you folks who grew up around these people, but growing up in nyc i never saw any of this... so, i like to get wasted and watch fools do body shots off each other, and get really really shitfaced. definitly not for everyone, but if your looking for a show, and cheap food, and daily drink specials, this is a decent spot... even the bouncers from BK seem to know that they are in some other world, they just sit and watch, and laugh.

Just some thoughts...