usa :: new york :: general

Analyst

I'll def. check this out. But $75 for a haircut? Am I missing something. Any more suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

ps petey, I didn't mean to say that offensively, but for $75, is it really worth it? Is there a gallery or something I can view, because for $75 this guy should be the best. I go to Salon Bangles in NJ right now and pay $45 for a cut and style, just wondering what you get out of $75. Thanks for the suggestions, anymore are welcome.

Hairmates is a great place also and a cut there will only run you 35-45 dollars. In fact, Hito used to be the best stylist at Hairmates, and then MudHoney picked him off.

Is Hito worth it? Absolutely, as long as you don't cut your hair every 2 weeks. It is relatively expensive and it's not so hard to swallow because I get my hair cut every 4-6 weeks. I've been going to Hito for 3 years now so I don't really know if I pay the same amount as a new client. I tip him well though and I wouldn't change stylists unless it was free cut at another top salon. Worth noting also, is that I've changed my hairstyle about 5 times since Hito has been cutting my hair. Each time I left feeling like he gave me exactly what I wanted and he took into account my facial features, the way my hair grows, etc. I would show him pictures of styles I liked and he would make it work...he would never force a style if it didn't work on my head/face...he is also very receptive of clients telling him what they want their hair to look like.

I don't mean this to be an advertisement, but I suffered through about a year of lousy expensive haircuts until I found this guy.

I've also heard good things about Bumble & Bumble and you can even get free cuts from the "interns" there who are trying to make it as stylists (they are generally young, highly capable but unproven).

you guys might have covered the best ones in town, but i want to add one that's unexpectedly good: the pizza truck. it's really a truck that comes around lunch time. i think it's parked on 51st and park ave during the lunch hours. the pizza reminds me of the ones my friend's mom used to make and she was from florence.

i dont think there's anything to be afraid of

even though i speak japanese, i just go and leave it up to the stylist

i barely tell them what i want

i either tell them "short", "really short", "just a little shorter"

i dont wanna offend anybody here

but 99% of the haircuts ive got at american hair salons sucked

i have not had a 100 dollar haircut but ive paid like 60~70 before and it still sucked ass

I'm going to New York tomorrow.

Is famous friends really worth going to?

It seems pretty far from all the SF shopping spots and I was wondering

if it's worth anything to take a hike there.

They have W+H right?

Also, which odin do you guys like better? The one on lafayette or the one in the east village?

Yeah, we really should

Go to Kino at hairmates. He's decent, fairly priced at around $35-$40 and it will ease you into the world of decent haircuts.

If you can't bear to spend as much on your hair (something you "wear" every day) as you do on a couple t-shirts, I don't know what to say.

NEWSFLASH to those concerned: Japanese people can cut all kinds of hair <GASP>