usa :: new york :: general

Analyst

This is great, I'm headed to New York next weekend. Here's my planned hitlist so far...

comme des garçons (chelsea) 520 west 22nd street - new york - ny 10011

tsubi (nolita) 219c mulberry street - new york - ny 10012

atelier (nolita) 125 crosby street - new york - ny 10012

45rpm (soho) 169 mercer street new york 10012

APC (soho) 131 mercer st, new york, ny, 10012

seven (soho) 110 mercer street - new york - ny 10002

a (soho) 125 crosby street - new york - ny 10012

if (soho) 94 grand st - new york - ny 10013

uniqlo (soho) 546 broadway - new york - ny 10012

blue in green (soho) 8 greene street - new york -ny 10013

agnès b. (soho) 79 greene street - new york - ny 10012

cloak (soho) 10 greene st new york ny 10013

helmut lang (soho) 80 greene street, ny, ny, 10012

costume national (soho) 108 wooster street - new york - ny

ves saint laurent rive gauche homme (soho) 88 wooster street new york

opening ceremony (soho) 35 howard street - new york - ny 10013

dior homme (upper east) 17 east 57th street - new york - ny 10022

famous friends (east village) 616 east 9th street - new york - ny 10009

nom de guerre (east village) 640 broadway - new york - ny 10012

• 4 weeks later...

The most highly regarded, although everyone has their favorites, are Lombardi's, Grimaldi's, and Patsy's. Look em' up.

My favorite place was Koronet's in Morningside Heights, although you probably wouldn't want to make the trek up there just for pizza...........

that's a loaded question right there.. everyone has their own favs, especially if you lived in the city and you had some greasy spot near you. i used to live in midwood, so my favorite place was difara's on avenue j off the Q line in BK. the pizza is made by this 60 year old guy that takes the pies out with his bare hands. he'd take forever to make a pizza, but man was it good.

there's ray's... people say the one at 11th and 2nd ave is the first, but i don't know. there's so many ray's. the best tasting ray's to me is the one at houston and orchard near katz's deli. it's open 24 hours so if you spill out of a club in the LES or east village, that's the place to go.

lombardi's in nolita is great. they say its the very first pizzeria ever in north america. feel free to walk into the kitchen and see them make the pies in the oven that says 1908 on it.

grimaldi's and patsy's is good.

i also liked john's pizzeria. the original is on bleecker, but there's a much bigger one on 44th near times square. i used to take visiting friends there since its right there next to the obligatory times square visit. the restaurant is in an old theater so its huge and there's a gorgeous pencil mural on the wall. service is shiet tho.

pizza is pizza tho in NY. you never lose at any place. just stay away from sbarro's.

I've had em all from Bronx to BK to Manhattan (haven't had it in Queens, but I'm sure as hell not gonna get pizza if I'm in Queens...I'll get Greek or Korean in Queens). Lombardi's Pizza is the best (I have a preference for pizza with top quality ingredients)

Bronx pizza is great (I like a place on Fordham Rd and the Grand Concourse), but let's not kid ourselves, they aren't putting anything special into that pizza. PLENTY of great spots in BK (yes including Grimaldi's) but the only place I ever feel complete after eating is Lombardi's.

i think you must be confused, dcrevolution40. Patsy's is a great, really cheap pizza place in east harlem where a slice is $1.50.

Patsy's is also the name of a chain of Italian Restaurants with really good Italian style pizzas, that start at about $15 for a pie (they don't sell by the slice). There's one on University Place between 11th and 12th St.

The most highly regarded, although everyone has their favorites, are Lombardi's, Grimaldi's, and Patsy's. Look em' up.

My favorite place was Koronet's in Morningside Heights, although you probably wouldn't want to make the trek up there just for pizza...........

my friend would make the trek to get koronet's from westchester lol

my advice is get really hungry, don't eat anything all day, and the any pizza spot will become your favorite