Denime

^ You could get the 15th type jeans, which is a slimmer version of the XX with XX fabric.

Its called the 501 on C-point, but this is it.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/cpoint/483285/489509/

http://store.yahoo.co.jp/denime/denime-15th-type.html

Not sure how they fit compared to 'canes 47s but this fits closer to an SD-X03 & Badou R Jomons.

• 9 months later...

Does anybody know if Denime has their own site or some other good source of info on this brand, preferably not in japanese... I found some sites selling one or two models but I would like a bit more information.

I'm trying to find out which fits they have. And what are the experiances with Denime jeans? Any info would be much appreciated!

Grtngs Jens

Some information on black Denime and ordering information here: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=8952

Denime's website is here: http://www.denime.jp/item/jeans/jeans.htm

I have a pair of the black Denime 66. They are a lovely jean. Quite a lowrise, not exactly certain if slightly tapered or completely straight cut. Very good denim, nice understated hardwear. Fuck, why don't I wear then more often!?

• 4 weeks later...
Also Denime isn't sized up, so you have to buy a bigger size to STF. But if you want some no frills denim with great construction, Denime is awesome. They also have a huge product line.

I've heard this before, are you sure this applies to all Denime's jeans? I know the Tokyo Ed shrinks from tag size, at least length-wise, but the other jeans seem to shrink to tag size according to measurements and how the model on Bears sized Denimes.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/denime-805xx/

He wears a 32 in Sd103, which is true to size and low rise, but 30 in these and other Denimes.

• 2 months later...

ive always been interested by denime, there vintage cuts and simplicity are nice, i was considering denimes or real mccoys for my next pair in a few months, mynudies.com has a thread that has some pretty good info on denime as it seems fairly slept on here at sufu

Guest jeffvyain

to TIP:

in my opinion, the rise is too low. every time i bent over, i thought my ass was gonna pop out. I really liked the denim on them, but I wasn't a huge fan of the hardware and details, which...well, there weren't too many. It had hidden rivets, but I didn't like the cardboard patch and the buttons just felt cheap compared to my samurai. Last gripe about the lowrise '66: there seemed to be just a hair of a taper at the very bottom of the leg, which led to a little bit funny fall around the shoe.

Aside from that, I would bet that they would have faded really nice. The denim felt superb. Their 505 model looks really nice...and relatively low priced too

re: low rise

are they lower than or equivalent to say skulls 5010XX and PBJ XX-005s? those are pretty notorious for a low rise and i found them not all that bad.

could you describe what you liked about the denim, jeffvyain? are these worth the cash, would you say, when put up against the XX-type denim?

any opinions on the construction and details of the denime low-rise 66? not the XX model...which i know is supposed to be pretty good.

hey tweedles,

maybe i can help jeffvyain a little here.

i PMed him a few days back on the fit of the denime low-rise 66.

here are some extracts from our conversation:

"I sized them as a normally do with nearly all pairs of jeans I've bought in recent years, which is a size 30. I have a measured 32 waist, so that should give you an idea of how I normally fit them. All I can compare them to really my size 30 S5000vx and my size 28 New Standards. They were slightly smaller in the waist than my samurai and a little larger than the NS raw. They fit tighter in the thighs than the sams, but they had a lower rise, though not by a whole lot. The only thing I didn't like about them was how they fit tight in the thighs and then in my lower thigh, they loosened up and were boxy around the rest of my leg.They were tighter in the ass than the sams and the leg opening was about halfway between the NS and the 5000s."

hope it helps tweedles and hope you don't mind jeffvyain, thanks again man.

Guest jeffvyain

TIP, i can't really compare them to the xx denim because i haven't seen it. all i can really tell you is they came to me in one-wash form and they weren't exceptionally dark. They were, however, a really nice shade of blue, and just the feel of the denim was nice. They were a little rough to the hands...semi-slubby but uniform throughout. You won't find any rogue knots here. You could just tell the denim was nice. They were I think 14oz denim but in the one-wash form. They had almost no starch at all and really weren't stiff. I even tried starching them, and they still didn't really hold creases very well at all. They're nice though, man...get em if you can handle the low rise.

i had a pair of Denimes that were basically a Levis 517 cut, with black bar-tacked pockets, zip fly, non selvedge that i picked up on ebay for about $100, and only wore a few times. i didnt think they were anything special, and the denim didnt have a remarkable feel or any characteristics that i remember.

they seemed very basic and wanting to purge any bootcuts jeans i put them back up on ebay where i received around 13 dollars for them.. what does that make me? not a good businessman i rekon...

but for reference's sake, here's some stuff i read off mynudies:

from what i recall, the type XX denim is better, and dyed more so that it is more difficult to fade. And from my experience, the 66 jeans i had vs. the pair of XX i briefly had was indeed of lower quality. I never wore the xx type out though, so no real fading reports. The lower quality denim of the 66 fades like crazy very easily from my experience. I say lower quality, but I actually really like the 66 type non XX denim.
From my point of view, I wouldn't say 66 type is "poorer" quality than XX type - they're made with totally different kind of denims. XX type is heavier and thicker and dyed darker, whereas 66 type is lighter and dyed "bluer".

I've never tried 66 type on before, but I assume that Kyoto edition is very similar to 66 type (see my personal gallery) in many aspects. Moreover, 66 type is cheaper than XX type, but this doesn't spoil to enjoy wearing and fading of them! Personally I think the cost performance is very good. If someone want to try Denime for the first time, 66 type can be another good choice.