Denime

On 3/4/2019 at 11:46 AM, redragon said:

@beautiful_FrEaK

Looking forward to the upclose shots of the fabric, highly interested in getting one also...

16 hours ago, Broark said:

Looking back through this thread at old Denime has me reconsidering the 30th anniversary XX jeans.
Just waiting for some measurements and thoughts about the fabric from b_F :D

I don’t understand by @beautiful_FrEaK doesn’t just come home early from his vacation, quit his job, and post full time about his pair 30th anniversary Denime :D.

here they are after a couple more washes and one dryer.

Im really happy with the fit right now as they are still roomy on me. I recommend go true to size or size down one if someone is interested

B988EA9A-FC76-454A-A869-FAADAA2F2C82.jpeg

6CCBD221-F140-4245-9E07-BE2CAB98C7EA.jpeg

451AB2EB-8CC0-4E36-9119-54B0E0613184.jpeg

2 hours ago, pomata said:

6CCBD221-F140-4245-9E07-BE2CAB98C7EA.jpeg

I am really getting into the pocket fades on all forms of denim, jeans, shirts, jackets, the way the extra material is folded on the inside can give some really interesting patterns, e.g. the left side of both of the back pockets here.

I dunno, I think it's ugly when there's a lot of extra material folded into the pocket that becomes visible when it fades. Major issue I have with Unbranded/Naked And Famous fades. Maybe the thick left fold in the pocket there is more "vintage accurate" but I just think it looks better when there's little/no excess fabric folded under there.

Overall though I think his jeans look great.

Edited by Cold Summer

I'm not so sure anymore if I get a pair of the new Denime XX. Naoki quoted me a raw inseam of 85 cm (funnily I didn't ask for that measurement earlier) and now I might pass them. Just waiting for measurements of the one-wash pair to compare.

But as it's just talked about in the Blunders thread: I also rather concentrate on what I have and reduce my collection. 

• 3 weeks later...

So what's the general rule of thumb for Denime sizing?
I'm interested in the 30th anniversary XX again, and I can handle the shorter inseam I think.
The measurements Naoki sent me have me on the fence between 36 and 38. Everything is nearly identical except for the waist.
And the measurements seem similar to my recently purchased WH 1001XX's, just not sure how this denim shrinks/stretches.

I believe he sent me raw measurements, but I did not clarify which ones I was interested in. I should ask him what they are.
Could you share your OW measurements you got from him? Much appreciated!

is there a specific reason people are ordering from naoki and not denimio? is it to get the original hem?

anyone have an idea how breathable the 30th XX denim is? the 66 denim looks interesting and appears to be a little lower in tension from pictures of the weft, but i’m also curious if it has a similar texture to classic denime (nice but subtle horizontal slub, etc). 

the fit on on both the XX/66 could be perfect for me (big thighs, front rise not too high, don’t need a longer inseam). the XX hem is bigger than i’m used to but probably looks decent once everything breaks in and drapes right.

For me it's because it's pretty apparent that Naoki loves denim very much and is so helpful and easy to do business with. Denimio is just a business from the get-go as far as I can remember; they saw a business opportunity with Japanese retail prices but fluent English customer service. It rubs me the wrong way. 

On 4/16/2019 at 3:14 PM, Lendo said:

Pains me to do so, but I think I’m letting these beauties go. I don’t know if I will ever be able to fit in them.

I'm in the same boat myself with some of my older and thankfully worn pairs but am still having difficulty getting rid of some of them, but as the old saying goes, if you love something, set it free.:D:D:D(They probably weren't talking about jeans when they came up with that phrase, but anyway...)

• 4 weeks later...