Denime

That is a pair made for the international market „many“ years ago. Mainly (or solely?) marketed in the UK in some selected shops. Didn’t know Harrod’s being one of them. Usually they have a blue tab. But I’ve seen that sewn on tab before so the one is probably genuine.

Don’t know if it’s the old XX denim, selvedge color would suggest otherwise.

Altogether, I don’t think they are worth 50 quid.

Thanks guys, they can up on a search I was doing. They aren't my cup of tea but was interested to know the story behind them as I wasn't aware Denime made jeans outside of Japan.

Hi guys, need help here

I have samurai s710xx size 30 and eternal 888 size 29. The Samurai feels so tight right now, i thought for retiring this one and the Eternal feels snug but still comfortable. I consider to pick up denime 66xx one wash, then what size should i pick for 66xx? Thanks  :)

^^I would go 32 since I like it on the loose and comfy way 

• 3 months later...

FullSizeRender_zpsyayrf6jh.jpg

(poorly lit) Fit pic of the Shins w a Loopwheeler tee and Spalwart Marathon Trail Sneakers.

The leg is still a little full for me, but I have decided if I'm going to pull the trigger on getting them properly tapered.

Edited by Lendo

Couldn't agree more- definitely don't get them tapered as there's loads of other tapered models you can pick up to do that job. Keep those nice and original, they are a lovely shape and tapered is sooooo last year- it's all about the straight cuts!  :)

Anyone with the 66 (non-XX) jeans want to share pics/opinions? I'm hooked on the 66 cut and want to try something with a stronger taper than my TCBs. Don't want to spend a ton of money but I'm feeling impulsive, any help is appreciated.

Edited by Ignaurus

Have to agree with everybody. The fit looks good as it is!

What model is it exactly?

I believe they're the 66 model; paper patch and no hidden rivets.

Edited by Lendo

Anyone with the 66 (non-XX) jeans want to share pics/opinions? I'm hooked on the 66 cut and want to try something with a stronger taper than my TCBs. Don't want to spend a ton of money but I'm feeling impulsive, any help is appreciated.

Too bad Hoggy isn't hanging around anymore. He had a glorious pair. 

I've only worn mine for 3-4 months but I have a couple of pics on my blog: http://indigoveins.com/category/denime-2/denime-66/ 

It has a smooth denim that fades fast and turns out great from what I've seen so far. Don't know if they still use the same denim though since they changed owners (again), same goes for the stitching which is neat on my pair but I can't speak for the quality these days.

Setterman: My pair measures 30,5 cm on a size 31. That's 1,5 cm more than Denimio state. 

Lendo,

Rather than taper, I think you should sew some triangular denim inserts into the lower leg seams to make them wider at the hems.

EDIT: isosceles should suffice, I don't think you need to go the equilateral route.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

^ great bit of style advice.

Kidding apart it'd be a shame to taper an OG pair of Denime... I am sure you can make them work with some of your shoes by cuffing them a bit shorter...

Lendo

I would wear them unchanged.

They fit you perfectly

Lendo,

Rather than taper, I think you should sew some triangular shinki shell cordovan inserts into the lower leg seams to make them wider at the hems.

EDIT: isosceles should suffice, I don't think you need to go the equilateral route.

that's better

*btw i might've accidentally reported your post instead of quoting it maynard, mea culpa. all these english words, they all look the same to me*

Edited by oomslokop

• 2 months later...