Denime

hi. i want to buy a denime xx and found two different infos about the weight of the denim.

the online store from and-japan says 14,5 oz and the info i got from their rakuten store is15,5oz.

wich one is correct? thanks in advance!

sounds good. i'm really happy with my two fullcounts and denime is my new "product of interest". so i think i will order one for the forthcoming fall/winter season. i like your fit pictures a lot, btw.

@b_f: i will post some pictures in the full count thread asap. I know that you also have some full count jeans. is the denime xx comparable with a full count 1108 or 1109?

Some Japanese stores consider the 1108 to be a 66 cut but some say because of the lack of taper, it's more a '47 cut.

it's slim throught the top block. slim hips and slim thighs

But the Denime XX is IMO more a 50s cut. you got some room in your seat, hips and thighs. so if you are looking for a similar fit to your 1108, the XX is the wrong cut. but then the 66XX might be something you like?!

Wearing mine now as I type :D

i think you´re right! i measured my fullcounts this morning and the measurements of the 66xx are nearly identical. so this one would be my choice. very confusing sometimes to check forums and online stores....you get completely different informations everywhere! :-)

that's what are these forums are for ;)

just be careful with the rise, the 66XX has a much lower rise. I wear mine on the hips so it works but you will notice it immediately. and is one button less and no hidden rivets. but that's the way it should be with a 66 cut ;)

right, the 1109 has a lower rise. I only thought about my 1198 when making my comment, forgetting you also own the slimmer Full Count.

About the fading: yes they start to fade on the faster side but they hit a plateau and now the fades develop quite slower and more the changes are more subtle. But then my pair only has around 6-7 months of real wear and look more like 3-4 months :D

i´m still struggeling with my decision to order a pair of those denimes on spec or if i should take something completely different, maybe a real mccoys or a warehouse. there are so many brands around that i´m really interested in and during my visit at blue in green i had the chance to try a few models/brands i like.

Nothing wrong with looking around. But you will have a hard time finding a pair of Warehouse jeans slim enough to compare it to Full Count 1108/1109 or 66XX. Unless you size down like crazy.

McCoys I would say look into the 906S or the 991XH.

Onething I like to add about my Denime 66XX: absolut durable construction! Still not a single breakage of threads. Not even the usual spots like corner of the back pockets or the point where the yoke meets.

Slowly I'm thinking they might have used polycore threads. But who knows?!

i managed to get hold of a shins era denime 66xx back in february, lightly used by the previous owner, not even any sign of fade. ive been wearing it for 3-5 times a week til now with two washes and a soak.

the denim for me is a real beauty with its weight and hairyness, but the stitching is IMO awful the crotch had blown only three months in and the backpocket is also starting to fall off

my sugarcane 2009 crotch lasted longer like 7 or 8 months with the the same intensity of wear and backpocket is still perfectly intact!

but yeah i wont give up easily on this pair, the denim is just so lovely

sorry for thrs rant. been lurking around for quite some time and just decided to join this great forum. cheers!

Edited by hammered22