Denime

Seems, madam! Nay, it is; I know not 'seems'.

'Tis not alone my inky cloak, good mother,

Nor customary suits of solemn black denime 66 jeans,

Nor windy suspiration of forced breath,

No, nor the fruitful river in the eye,

Nor the dejected 'haviour of the visage,

Together with all forms, modes, shows of grief,

That can denote me truly; these indeed seem,

For they are actions that a man might play:

But I have that within which passeth show;

These but the trappings and the suits of woe.

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

I just got the 15th Types (aka the c-point 501s) a little while ago. The XX is really nice 14oz fabric before washing and they fit like the Badou-R Jomons. I was bring cheap and got some 33s instead of 34s which was a mistake (I think the 34s cost 2k yen more), but other then that very pleased with them. I'm not sure if I'll never wash them, sell them, or just have a tight pair (which is not what I wanted).

Quote:

no, the construction is top notch.

Maybe Ryu meant it seems easy to start wearing....

--- Original message by 2000dB on May 8, 2006 10:20 AM

thanks 2000dB

sorry my poor english

iwant to say

'The denime's sewing is a bit weak'

my botton hole of 66type unravel....

Quote:

the ones on yoox are crap

they are euro denime

made in hong kong

made by some other company but using the denime name

much like the EU ED

--- Original message by kumo on May 8, 2006 11:52 AM

Euro Denime made in Hong Kong?

I've not heard of that.

Denime do make jeans for export, where they change their red tab to a blue tab to avoid Levi's lawyers. However, those are made in Japan. Look for the Made In label inside one of the back pockets. It will also have the care instruction symbols, size, and 'Orizzonti' printed on the label.

I agree, the fabric of the XX's is excellent. Construction quality is also fine. I wouldn't judge an entire brand on one buttonhole.

a couple years ago

there was a lot of fake-denime jeans.

and denime company said 'jeans that had a label was wrote "made in japan" is real jeans'

i have no idea this jeans that you found is the jeans or not.....

what I don't like about Denime is that they lack some thing that other jeans in the same price range have. Their jeans that cost around 20k yen and under usually dont have rivets on the backpockets, have a paper patch instead of leather, and I think that they often do not have two-tone stitching.

I don't see any reason to buy from Denime instead of other big brands.

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

Thank you for the links. It was helpfull, however, on the two shots comparing the 66 and the XX they both looked good. But if i could understand correctly the XX holds it´s color better?

47 canes are a candidate as well. I guess it all comes down to fit in the end.

And hopefully I will be able to get them from japan, because I´m going there TOMORROW!!! :)

Quote:

Thank you for the links. It was helpfull, however, on the two shots comparing the 66 and the XX they both looked good. But if i could understand correctly the XX holds it´s color better?

47 canes are a candidate as well. I guess it all comes down to fit in the end.

And hopefully I will be able to get them from japan, because I´m going there TOMORROW!!! :)

--- Original message by Lars on May 9, 2006 10:34 AM

If you're going to Japan and have time to look at jeans, you'll get to see a lot!! Assuming of course you're in the right areas, but still...

I personally would purchase XX or 66XX over 66. But if pricing is an issue, 66 isn't bad at all!! Just a lesser quality cloth and indigo.

Quote:

what I don't like about Denime is that they lack some thing that other jeans in the same price range have. Their jeans that cost around 20k yen and under usually dont have rivets on the backpockets, have a paper patch instead of leather, and I think that they often do not have two-tone stitching.

I don't see any reason to buy from Denime instead of other big brands.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on May 9, 2006 10:24 AM

Are you sure you're not looking at counterfeits?

re 2 tone stitching and patches;

If denime is making a 1947 repro, 1966 , 1953, WWII model, etc.. They use the same color stitching Levi's used at that time, plus they'll use deer or cow leather if that's what Levi's used for the given model... Back pocket rivets too, etc.. Who are the "other big brands" you're referring to? imo Denime is one of the "big brands" and do a great job at what they do...

Quote:

a couple years ago

and denime company said 'jeans that had a label was wrote "made in japan" is real jeans'

--- Original message by Ryu on May 9, 2006 08:15 AM

why would there be Denime 'counterfeits'? Is this a popular brand outside the US or something? my thought is that counterfeits usually pop up on something that is high in demand.

Quote:
Quote:

a couple years ago

--- Original message by Ryu on May 9, 2006 08:15 AM

why would there be Denime 'counterfeits'? Is this a popular brand outside the US or something? my thought is that counterfeits usually pop up on something that is high in demand.

--- Original message by giantreptile on May 9, 2006 01:55 PM

there was a same thing at EVISU JEANS.

before distributed cane's 1947, denime 66 model is the most reasonable jeans !

so they would make counterfeits.... i think.

I have a question about Denime fits. I have a pair of Type 66 that fit perfectly. I'm pretty skinny, and these follow the contours of my body very nicely. I also have a pair of '47 Canes that don't fit so well. They're baggy and bow out around the thigh. Would Denime XX fit similarly to the '47 Canes or would they be a little more fitted through the thigh for skinny guys like me? Would they bow out like the Canes? I'd like something a little bit wider than the 66 fit, but not like the '47 Cane fit. Is Denime XX a good candidate?

Also, as an aside, is the fit on the 66XX exactly the same as the 66? Is it only the fabric that's different?

a bit same as 66 model i heard.

i read that kinds of article in this forum....

66xx means the model like 66model, using XX model denim fabiric.

so XX denim fabric is thicker than ordinary 66 model.

may be it would be tight.... i think. and denime's shop peron said to me