manila, hot spots,fashion, stores

nextguru

anybody any idea where to spot fashion or design talents interesting brands from manila in the city of manila.

looking for collections from manial (or philippines)..can be youth, streetwear, concept collections whatever.

interesting stores to go. bold wild colourfull or whatever...

any info is highly appreciated.

thanks martin

• 2 weeks later...

homme + femme @ shangri-la is like the only place for sufu approved wear.

there's a lot of music going on, makati has enough f-beezies for you ever chomp on

• 4 weeks later...

no hate but manila is such a dump.

OP: the city itself has nothing interesting worth mentioning. i remember walking into a store called team manila or something in powerplant. id rather wear abercrombie shit was that bad (0). there was one store which i think shut down and turned into a fred perry or something which had some decent jawn. i cant remember the name but it stocked dior hommo, cdg etc. not local though obviously.

its like the place is confused with what to be. every local i met was so proud of their country which is fair enough. yet everything seems to be based on something from overseas. like the food - japanese, italian, american, french restaurants all over the joint.

one gripe of mine: why the bitches at counter always gotta mention how much money i give them? i buy a cheeseburger and she is like 'i received 1000 pesos sir...' - yeah no shit, i gave it to you.

ok thing is night life. so cheap. was hitting embassy, icon, attica, ponti etc. like every night while i was over there. always vip up in there too. dont know how i got any work done.

• 4 months later...

Manila is deep web, in every sense of the word.

You can download TOR to try and access but if you're IP isn't approved, your relegated to hanging out at the VIP section in Attica, <insert random club>, and eating at Gerry's Grill with your relatives.