rnrswitch

Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

You have one iirc don’t you Duke? They look great. How has yours been?

@Broark you can always leave the South! Soon enough a denim jacket is gonna be overkill in January down there anyways. Or just compartmentalize. Sweaters are just for different people - sort of how I think about engineer boots and myself. 

3 hours ago, Broark said:

@Duke Mantee I'm going to let my rational thought processes win this one, maybe if I ever move somewhere significantly colder I'll revisit. :ph34r:

Just buy it - you know you want to (Navy please) … otherwise use the money you’ve saved to get something to hold up your S601s :wink:

21 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

You have one iirc don’t you Duke? They look great. How has yours been?

Aye, bought the Olive version last year - I love it … it’s not quite at the levels of my cardi, but I get to see quite a few Shetland wool sweaters and it’s better than any I’ve seen 

I love the sweater.  Beautifully made, relatively loose weave, very comfortable, but, yes Broark, quite warm.

I'm a 17 in FW shirts and an L in the sweater would be fine, but I wear it over a shirt and t-shirt, so went with 44/XL -- no regrets.

I did just make another sale yesterday, would cover about half of the cost of the sweater. Y’all are a bunch of enablers. :D
If I do go for it I’ll probably go for an XL as well, much to Duke’s disappointment. 

Edited by Broark

1 hour ago, Broark said:

I did just make another sale yesterday, would cover about half of the cost of the sweater. Y’all are a bunch of enablers. :D
If I do go to it I’ll probably go for an XL as well, much to Duke’s disappointment. 

:sad:

Is the Shetland wooly itchy against the skin?  Or was that just the shetland knits I wore as a kid?!

For a wool sweater, it’s soft, in part due to the relatively loose weave. But I only wear it over a long sleeve shirt, so I can’t say for sure. If I want to wear a sweater directly over skin (arms or body), I’m going cashmere ;-)

@MJF9 I don’t think Shetland wool is itchy - I can wear any good Shetland knit next to skin. It feels a bit coarser than merino and certainly not as soft as cashmere but it’s an impossible scenario because everyone reacts differently to different wools (I find alpaca less comfortable), and you’ve already got a subconscious prejudice having a negative memory … that’s something which will have an effect like it or not.

But it’s important to recognise all wools come in different qualities - you’ll no doubt have heard of ‘superfine’ merino or similar. That’s just describing the thickness of the fibre and even Shetland come in different qualities from ‘fine’, ‘medium’ etc. with fine wools generally being the softest and easiest to wear.

Different colors side by side on the Desolation Row IG (but not that I've seen on the site):

Edited by JDelage

Just a heads up. I have a Fitzgerald Sack coat in 44 for sale if anyone interested PM me. Cheers

Edited by Thor

@JDelage Sheesh! Great colorways. Love the brown. 

I got the charcoal trailblazer last year. I wear it quite a bit in the winter super warm and comfortable.  I’m very tempted by the brown one they just released.  It feels a bit more appropriate to own 2 trailblazers then 2 lumpers….right?

I can't find the trailblazer on Desolation Row's website. Am I missing it? 

51 minutes ago, mpukas said:

I can't find the trailblazer on Desolation Row's website. Am I missing it? 

No, I don’t think it’s listed - which doesn’t always mean it’s not available, but then you’ll need to enquire direct, given how random that site is. Other than Desolation Row specials, which aren’t available anywhere else, that should be last place you want to buy FW products. Plenty (if not all) the stockists will provide better service.

Edited by Duke Mantee

Fuck that’s lovely

Not lumpy at all.  Great looking coat JDelage.

great lookin Lumper (the jacket!)

Nice one Duke... thanks to you and JohnM for the insights into this wooly mammoth... very helpful

Aquaman likes it

A49A7066-0327-46C0-9F54-AF1AFD8903AE.png

41 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Looking like a better fit than the last attempt :tongue: