rnrswitch

Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

Can't remember if I've asked this question before or not, but here we go.
FW thermals: I'm assuming they are pretty forgiving? They only make up to size large but I've been wanting to try one out.
Corlection's product page says they stretch 2-3 inches in the chest, can anyone attest to that?
Their measurements for a size large show a 19.5 in. chest, so that'll stretch out to ~21.5-22.5 which should be fine for me.
I understand thermals are supposed to be fitted / slim, just wanted to see if anyone could chime in before giving one a shot.

@Broark, I picked up one in large last year and kinda wished i had bought a medium instead.  I have to wash it after every time i wear it though, other wise the second wear feels a little too stretched out.

FWs is just tops... 

Sorry for the poor photo quality, but you get the idea here! :D

FW 1951 fade.jpg

Not just tops, they do bottoms too, such as those jeans you posted above.

Just a few more Yahoo Auctions finds.
yitvIsp.jpg

Fit pics after a trip through the wash. (Wow Imgur really killed the photo quality on these :rolleyes:)
x4TSHOh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f
sp7Knau_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by Broark

Those really do fit great—I almost put a bid in for that Hammersmith but figured it’d be better off going to someone your size than mine, & I’m glad it worked out the way it did

28 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Definitely definitely definitely this is your fit

If anyone wants other brands of shirts hit me up because I'm selling almost everything else to make room for more FW. :D

Still quite warm here, but this Desolation Row special version of the Lumper jacket is making me reconsider.
e4297cce8f35366bb171.jpg
3b9302de810e2528e1f6.jpg

Now that's F'g cool B)

Hell yea it is, I’m trying to decide if I can justify owning 2 lumpers, haha.  @Broark, u should def pick that jacket up so I can live vicariously through you. Nice get on the shirts, they look incredible on you.

Two lumpers!  Good to know I'm not the only one who's tempted to double (or triple) up -- justified with jeans, not so much with leather jackets.

@Cozzie how warm would you say the jacket is on a scale of 1 to 10?
I've got a birthday coming up so maybe I'll go for it. :P

It’s not a super warm jacket, I’d say a 6 maybe.   prob good with a sweater down to 32 deg Fahrenheit. With a scarf prob a little bit colder if you weren’t outside too long.  

Boom, order placed. This is a dream jacket for me (if it fits...) I have 2 similar jackets, but this one has the advantage of the hand warmers. And that flavor of Beach cloth is quite rare.

@JDelage what size did you go for, 42?
If you don’t mind me asking, what was the total bill with shipping to the US?

Yes, I got 42. Total cost was JPY 98,500 incl. JPY 8,300 shipping but I am not sure whether they will remove the tax. The bill is unclear.

EDIT: What's not unclear is my CC statement, and I was charged the full amount incl. taxes...

Edited by JDelage

Beach cloth is fairly warm but it’s big advantage is that it’s fairly windproof and resists rain really well given it’s all natural fibre

12 minutes ago, JDelage said:

EDIT: What's not unclear is my CC statement, and I was charged the full amount incl. taxes...

Ouch. :wacko: Looking forward to photos!

I don't know. I sent them an email. We'll see how it goes.

Really love these sweaters.Just another fall/winter item I’m trying to justify  -_-

@Duke Mantee I'm going to let my rational thought processes win this one, maybe if I ever move somewhere significantly colder I'll revisit. :ph34r: