Jump to content
rnrswitch

Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

Recommended Posts

@Broark, yea I picked up the lumper in the charcoal x navy.  Unfortunately for my wallet it was love at first sight.  I saw it when they put up the preview for f/w on the blog and have been  itching for it to drop.  Although I need another jacket like I need another hole in my head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to seeing photos once it arrives!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Lumper jacket is gor-ge-ous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Broark should arrive tom, hopefully, I will def be sure to post some pics!  @Duke Mantee, The charcoal x navy beach cloth is def interesting.  I don’t know if I have ever seen it in that color way before but I am surely no expert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cozzie said:

@Broark should arrive tom, hopefully, I will def be sure to post some pics!  @Duke Mantee, The charcoal x navy beach cloth is def interesting.  I don’t know if I have ever seen it in that color way before but I am surely no expert.

Generally they issue in Black or the Charcoal x Navy. Here’s a couple of fairly recent issues …

Columbia 


78510E3A-1B25-43E4-8E0E-29D259BF7D84.thumb.jpeg.923af6a1b3360cc3db9ff2478a0b158d.jpeg
 

Stevedore

46541021-04BA-470C-B004-FE6AE5D7FB66.thumb.jpeg.51b4fbd2c1f663c0a93a27fe762fba00.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s the lumper in the flesh.  I couldn’t be happier with this jacket.  Just wish it was a bit colder here now so I could wear it. @Duke Mantee, thanks for the examples.  I’m just use to seeing the black x charcoal a lot.  

93113E99-0E7A-46D7-90E5-71B9017D47B1.jpeg

D6FA1D06-2CB8-4C19-8B39-5AC37E19EF5C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great looking jacket! Looks a lot better than I initially thought it would. I really don’t need any more cold weather gear. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s gorgeous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx everyone! @Broark, “lucky” for me here in NY there is definitely a need for many winter jackets.  Although u folks in Austin got a pretty good snow storm this past winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Broark, you mentioned that these are the M-1942 chinos.  Are these the same as the Army Officer Trousers (264681)?  I see that there's also an M-1941.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JohnM you're correct, I've edited my post for clarity. M-1941 is the correct number for the chinos (FW SKU 2122022).

@Duke Mantee you're right on the money about that, hard for me to consider any other brands these days.
Been scouring the net for any and all 17.5 shirts I can find. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the M-1941 pants too (and the Foreman shirt as discussed above - aren't those buttons lovely?) They're very nice; they size a tad big.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buttons on the Foreman are very nice. The pocket placement feels a little strange given how big the pockets are. However I think it could be the fabric just needing some breaking in.
I gave my M-1941’s a wash and dry and they shrank up a little, I’ll get some fit pics up soon. They are definitely generous, however I don’t think I would’ve sized down in hindsight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice care package from Japan @Broark!  I’m really digging the details and fabric on the montauk shirt, the cuffs, the rounded hem with the overlapping below the placard and that green are just lovely.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice purchases Broark and JDelage.  I have the Foreman in blue -- very nice.  Also have the Army Officer Trousers.  Very similar to the M-1941 Chinos, but even more generous, especially in the thighs.  Here are the comparative measurements (from McFly) for size 34.  I wish I had the M-1941 instead.

Army Officer / M-1941

Waist:  36.8" / 36.6"

Rise:  12.4" / 12"

Thigh:  15.5" / 14.4"

LO:   8.5" / 8/3"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New phone day so I wanted to check out the camera capabilities on my S601XX's.
qf8387K.jpg
p1uAaD6.jpg
LjmWmOR.jpg
jILdE1Y.jpg
e8M3V1P.jpg
JmQyoNO.jpg
RC550rJ.jpg
kfuOOji.jpg
1IRXrdh.jpg
LajoI3C.jpg
rKQj1hl.jpg
ErWsNoq.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Duke Mantee I was a little worried after how much came off in the first wash, but it seems to have settled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Broark said:

New phone day so I wanted to check out the camera capabilities on my S601XX's.
qf8387K.jpg

LjmWmOR.jpg








 

i see they've finally managed to eliminate the camera bump on the s601xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No justifying this one in my climate, but it's a lovely coat. Maybe I'll move north. :P
cfc63642.jpg
86162e7e.jpg
af7a206b.jpg

d7085b70.jpg
b5c98230.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2021 at 11:03 AM, Broark said:

New phone day so I wanted to check out the camera capabilities on my S601XX's.
qf8387K.jpg
p1uAaD6.jpg
LjmWmOR.jpg
jILdE1Y.jpg
e8M3V1P.jpg
JmQyoNO.jpg
RC550rJ.jpg
kfuOOji.jpg
1IRXrdh.jpg
LajoI3C.jpg
rKQj1hl.jpg
ErWsNoq.jpg

How are you liking this pair? I’ve stumbled upon a pair in my size. I’m debating on this or a pair of TCB 50’s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hugomndza said:

How are you liking this pair? I’ve stumbled upon a pair in my size. I’m debating on this or a pair of TCB 50’s. 

I’m enjoying them a lot, they’ve been my go-to pair for the last few months. I feel like even since this most recent photo dump they’ve started shedding some more indigo. I’ll probably try and wait a month or so before washing again now that it’s cooling off a bit. Highly recommended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 10/6/2021 at 11:00 PM, Broark said:

No justifying this one in my climate, but it's a lovely coat. Maybe I'll move north. :P

 

They’ve been reissuing this every 2 or 3 years … and you couldn’t blame them, it’s one of the best coats I’ve ever owned

Edited by Duke Mantee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With regard to the Pea Coat, FW has made 2 versions. This one posted above is the 1913 version (which was produced at least once before), and they've also produced a 1930 version. One difference between the two is that the 1930 model only has the 2 hand warmer pockets. Another difference is that the 1913 version is lined in wool suiting (Super 100 if I read correctly), whereas the 1930 is lined in cotton rayon. This suggests that the 1913 version might be quite a bit warmer than the 1930, right?

I do love a nice peacoat...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JDelage said:

With regard to the Pea Coat, FW has made 2 versions. This one posted above is the 1913 version (which was produced at least once before), and they've also produced a 1930 version. One difference between the two is that the 1930 model only has the 2 hand warmer pockets. Another difference is that the 1913 version is lined in wool suiting (Super 100 if I read correctly), whereas the 1930 is lined in cotton rayon. This suggests that the 1913 version might be quite a bit warmer than the 1930, right?

I do love a nice peacoat...

Well if you’re being picky, they also issued a 1910 model in 2009

1930s version was a different cut (rightly so) - looser silhouette, wider sleeves, shorter length, no flap pockets (as you note), squared collar … but I doubt there would be much difference in warmth, the shell is doing the work here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2021 at 4:09 PM, Broark said:

I’m enjoying them a lot, they’ve been my go-to pair for the last few months. I feel like even since this most recent photo dump they’ve started shedding some more indigo. I’ll probably try and wait a month or so before washing again now that it’s cooling off a bit. Highly recommended.

Late response, but you convinced me to pull the trigger on these second hand pair from eBay. They arrived today and they look and feel great. I’m too excited!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now