rnrswitch

Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

Posted (edited)

Barnstormers SF Curios AZ Porter - #57 (of 75); all vintage silver, brass and leather

F83560BD-D8E4-42C8-83AB-EF8D6C03ED1C.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

Really is a lovely afterhood , the dual colour looks great and the ribbing is a nice length but no mater how nice it is how can sonofastag be charging £500 for it ? Admittedly I don't know the Japan retail price but the mark-up on this is scary 

Screenshot_20210512-095434_Samsung Internet

Man.. it's hit luxury goods/fashion house type pricing, you'd expect that kind of ticket price dangling from the likes of Vasace or Gucci :D

25 minutes ago, Flash said:

Really is a lovely afterhood , the dual colour looks great and the ribbing is a nice length but no mater how nice it is how can sonofastag be charging £500 for it ? Admittedly I don't know the Japan retail price but the mark-up on this is scary 

Screenshot_20210512-095434_Samsung Internet

It’s ¥36,000 ... about £230, not cheap but not as bonkers. Even with shipping from Japan I would still only pay half of what SoaS are charging.

2 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

It’s ¥36,000 ... about £230, not cheap but not as bonkers. Even with shipping from Japan I would still only pay half of what SoaS are charging.

£230 seems about in line to what similar brands are charging for there own afterhoods so that's fair in my eyes . SOAS just seem to chance there arm with most of ther pricing 

Just now, Flash said:

£230 seems about in line to what similar brands are charging for there own afterhoods so that's fair in my eyes . SOAS just seem to chance there arm with most of ther pricing 

I think given the weight (it’s basically 2 sweatshirts) and the quality, all of my FW sweats have been regularly worn and washed and they’ve barely aged, then £200~250 is ok in my eyes too. That said FW prices have gone up noticeably over the last couple of seasons.

However, SoaS are ripping the arse out of this IMO. I know the split for supplier/shop is similar to the UK model so I’ve no idea why they’re charging this way unless they are simply buying at shop price from McFly or somesuch and then adding their own shipping, customs and profit on top. If that’s the case then anyone buying FW from them is daft or has too much money ... or both 

SoaS is one of the only shops that still has the deck worker jacket in beige in my size, but their listed price is £600.
Taking VAT out of the equation, that brings the price down to ~£520 with shipping to the US.
With the exchange rate that makes this version $325 USD more expensive than buying from any retailer in Japan.
Talk about taking the piss...

Just saw an Instagram story post from Brogue in California saying they received a shipment from Freewheelers. Looks like we have a US stockist again, will be interested to see what their pricing is like.

The FW sweatshirts are my favorites. The colors are unmatched IMHO. I love their henley-necked hoodies and bi-color sweats.

a2HDccN.jpgNgtOAmZ.jpg

Neal chambray and Ironall. 
perfect fit thanks to @Duke Mantee advice. 
scared to wash though as they might be too small if they shrink….

You should be fine with a wash on both of those. Good fits.

The Neal will shrink to the same size as the Ironall, which itself will shrink just a touch - as @Broark says they look to be a good fit

Can’t wait for fit and detail shots 

Next arc is ‘painted’ but here’s my arse from today’s glamour shoot

30s tux and arse.jpg

I knew I’d be the butt of your humour ... we’ll need to get to the bottom of this

You’re crack-ing me up!

Any more dad jokes and it's a kick up the backside for the both of you

Quite, let’s get the Bootyleggers thread back on track.

Huh, talk about a coincidence, I also received a very similar photo last night. :ph34r:
YSRraeh.jpg

fAkxouo.jpg

Me 3 ;) 

Patiently waiting for the type 1 fit pics and detail shots since I had to pass up on mine due to some personal reasons. 

@Duke Mantee - I like that jacket! What product number or name is it please?

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

@Duke Mantee - I like that jacket! What product number or name is it please?

It’s an old Bootleggers model based on the Lee 91b Joss - I’d be surprised if you see it anywhere other than yahoo auctions and even then you’d be lucky.