rnrswitch

Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

Thanks Duke, that's why I'm trying to sell off a lot of the other shirts in my closet right now. ^_^

They'll really come to life in a couple more months! Nice progress. 

pfff... is that all?

:wink:...unless this is Part 1(a) of the flannel archive, in which case I apologise for the interruption

:sad: yeah, that’s all I have ... a trifling 8 flannels - about 6.5% of the shirt collection 

On 5/14/2020 at 8:10 PM, Double 0 Soul said:

IMG_2183

Desolation Row are selling 1922s with the rivets hammered down as a ‘special’

Your lawyers can barely cope with the amount of litigation you’ve got them involved in

I like that red, white (cream), and blue strippy flannel the best, although the Jesse in red is lovely too!

16 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Desolation Row are selling 1922s with the rivets hammered down as a ‘special’

Meh.. could do that myself. I would defo buy the full tux if they could squeeze out some special arcs, like the ones you got.

<_<

Edited by Dr_Heech

I’d like the new type 1 not sure if I can swing it but it’s nice 

1 hour ago, Dr_Heech said:

Meh.. could do that myself. I would defo buy the full tux if they could squeeze out some special arcs, like the ones you got.

<_<

That’s what thought was so ridiculous Doc - ‘desolation row special’ to me implies something more special than hammering down a rivet or two. Anyway if you bought the tux or even just the 22s from the right guy you could choose the arc you wanted ... literally any you had an image of

My experience with the FW 601XX (which is limited to a single example) is that one has to hammer in the exposed rivets anyways. They're much sharper than on any other brand I've been exposed to.

Yes the rivets scratch the shit out of my hands. 
I’m tempted to hammer them down 

@shredwin_206 Get some fine sandpaper and round them down! That's what I dislike about FW denim too. 

As promised @Dr_Heech - plus a comparison to the Bootleggers arc ... not much wear, just a wee bit of bleed and rub from my wallet in the left hand pocket

P1003868.jpg

Edited by Duke Mantee

The Bootleggers have been soaked, then washed and that’s the shrinkage out of them

P1003871.jpg

Edited by Duke Mantee

Is there a difference between those 2 editions of the indigo Bake Head Overalls? I'm trying to understand the price difference. It could just be a price update I suppose...

https://desolation-row.stores.jp/items/60150a87c19c4553460878e4

https://mcfly-store.com/products/freewheelers-bake-head-overalls-2022004-14oz-indigo-denim

5 hours ago, JDelage said:

Is there a difference between those 2 editions of the indigo Bake Head Overalls? I'm trying to understand the price difference. It could just be a price update I suppose...

https://desolation-row.stores.jp/items/60150a87c19c4553460878e4

https://mcfly-store.com/products/freewheelers-bake-head-overalls-2022004-14oz-indigo-denim

They’re the same price

Anyone picking up the Timber Beast? (Looking at you Duke :ph34r:).
Looks like it's making its way out to retailers, I can't really justify another jacket right now since our weather is on the verge of turning, but I really like the look of it.
Some great photos from McFly here: https://mcfly-store.com/products/freewheelers-timber-beast-coat-2121003-yarn-dyed-yellow-brown
TIMBERBEAST_1_2048x2048.jpg?v=1612593521
TIMBERBEAST_26_2048x2048.jpg?v=161259352
TIMBERBEAST_8_2048x2048.jpg?v=1612593527

I like the coat @Broark but I have the Burnham in yellow-brown duck and although the styling is a little different it’s essentially the same kind of coat.

Had to look that one up, the Burnham looks nice and like you said essentially the same jacket sans the hood.
I'm mulling it over a bit, but currently the logical side of me says pass until I free up some more closet space.

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Had to look that one up, the Burnham looks nice and like you said essentially the same jacket sans the hood.
I'm mulling it over a bit, but currently the logical side of me says pass until I free up some more closet space.

92A500CF-CA80-439C-ADD9-9773BB29C3B2.jpeg

7 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

They’re the same price

DR changed it. It must have been a mistake.